Winging it with No Dinning Plan! A Feb. Trip Report

And Morgan got her beloved Cinnamon Roll!

That thing is huge! (And looks delicious!) I would opt for extra icing, too. :love:

The Baby Jaquins.

Adorable! :cutie:

They REALLY enjoyed doing this again.

That looks like so much fun! :goodvibes

i always feel like Ariel might show more than she wants if she moves just a little too much!!!

:rotfl2:

She had been rock'n her glittery high heels this whole time!

Good for her for lasting that long! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the update! :-)

I've never noticed that and my DH likes a little Moonshine so I need to look for it next time.
I had to look back to see what this was for... Ha! There is just so much to see on the ride!

This was my first time not ducking! I just decided to stay up. Partially bc of the photo and also bc we were all together for the very first time and i decided to just enjoy the moment! We dud get wet but not too terribly bad.
So, glad that you all got to go together! It is nice to not have to split up. Even though we still need to for certain rides.

These look to die-for! My mouth might be watering now....
I know! I want some now.

I wonder if my DH would like this. If so, I may have to check this place out in the future!
Def! I think it's a great choice. The food is nothing fancy but good food. Which sometimes that is all you want.

I have been tempted to try and recreate at home. But haven't tried yet.

So beautiful!
Thanks!

Isn't it funny how that plays out. AJ would not let Will show him up this year so they both did splash and 7DMT!
Sibling Rivalry is REAL!
That thing is huge! (And looks delicious!) I would opt for extra icing, too. :love:
It was huge! Def only need one for a few people.

Good for her for lasting that long! :thumbsup2
She is def a beauty over comfort girl!

What an absolutely magical day at MK!!! That caramel apple looks huge!!!
It was a great day! And spoiler alert, the apple makes an appearance tomorrow morning as well!

Food Breakdown: Day Three

Today was our first sit down meal, and even though The Plaza is a "cheaper" option than some sit down places, the budget was def higher! And really, we had 1 meal for the day. If we had felt the need for a Real Dinner at counter service it would have been higher. We would have burned through (4) Table Service Credits today. And I think we could have used (2) Counter Service Credits for the tots, and 5 snack credits for the other goodies. The carmel apple I don't think counts as it was $10! Also, no real alcohol today, since we were in Magic Kingdom all day. They hadn't rolled out beer at all of the table service places yet.

The Plaza Restaurant: $85.43
Friar Nook Tater Tot "Dinner": $16.99
Flame Tree BBQ: $28.77
Gaston's Late Night Snack: $18.08
Confectionary Late-Late Night Treats: $19.97
Total Cost: $152.25

The dinning plan would have cost us: $1,791.86

Travel Day: Food Total: $37.56
Day One: Food Total: $142.45
Day Two: Food Total: $149.25
Day Three: Food Total: $152.25
Remaining Balance: $1,310.35

We have 3 more full days, so basically half way through the trip, so will we "beat" the dinning plan budget? It sure seems that way! But we do have (2) more table service reservations...

What a fun evening, the princess meets look great.

I love watching the fireworks from FL

Gwen was such a cute beast and Morgan an awesome Mrs. Potts, She is one of my favorites from the story!

I agree, Ariel is a showing a little much in the video where she gets her legs:rotfl2:

The Fireworks started while we were eating. And we could in fact see the fireworks from our table.

Cool view!

And this... Seriously.... They are a little low on the magic... i always feel like Ariel might show more than she wants if she moves just a little too much!!!

So we hadn't ridden this since our first trip until last time, and when Josh saw that he was like ariel needs more clothes :rotfl:

Wow, I didn't know Jasmine met in Princess Hall! I just assumed it was Tiana with Rapunzel. I can only imagine how excited the girls were to get to meet her.

25654906717_e677e29f94_z.jpg
Fireworks

This is a really great picture!

I bet getting to catch some of the fireworks as you walked around Fantasyland was a real treat. Added to the magic of that evening...

How awesome that both girls got picked at Enchanted Tales with Belle. Gwen makes an adorable Beast.

That caramel apple Morgan got looked delicious.

What a great night at the MK! I'm looking forward to our boys being a little older and us being able to hang on for more of those late hours. Not that I want them to grow up that fast and I know we will get plenty of chances to stay in the parks late with them in the future, but I find those late evening hours so magical and fun!!!

Your night at magic kingdom was very magical. I just love magic kingdom at night. Kids getting to just be kids and everything seems so magical in their eyes.
It was a magical night! And really letting kids be kids is magical! And adults getting to be kids helps. ;)

We have two swimmers as well!
Swimming is a great sport. I hope Morgan keeps with it.

Thank you for writing. What a great report!
Thanks! Thanks for following along. It really is fun to relive the trips!

So we hadn't ridden this since our first trip until last time, and when Josh saw that he was like ariel needs more clothes :rotfl:
Ha! Glad that I am not the only one who think that!

Wow, I didn't know Jasmine met in Princess Hall! I just assumed it was Tiana with Rapunzel. I can only imagine how excited the girls were to get to meet her.
I don't think I have ever heard of her being in there. But I think technically, they can be busy... Princesses have very busy lives. Ha.

Just joined in...enjoying this report...lots of ideas for our trip in January
Welcome!!!! Thanks for following along! I def find some great ideas from reading everyones trip reports.

What a great night at the MK! I'm looking forward to our boys being a little older and us being able to hang on for more of those late hours.
It is so hard, you look forward to things to come but you also don't want to rush things. Enjoy the phase of meeting characters are REALLY are the characters. I miss that stage!

Haha i know exactly what you're talking about with the cold air vent at PFH! We encountered that on a super cold night in November and it wasn't fun!

Great princess pics! What a nice treat for Gwen to meet Jasmine!

What a cool fireworks experience!

Sounds like a girls had a blast at ETWB!

What a great night for you all!

Joining in! Seems like such a fun trip so far!

I agree about Ariel. I think that every time I ride the Little Mermaid ride. For Disney certainly seems a little risque!

I swam for six years in middle school and high school and its a great sport! Great way to be apart of a team but also have your own personal goals that only you can really accomplish! My strokes were backstroke and free.

Great update! It felt magical just reading it. We need to do Storytime again soon. We haven't done it in a few years. I don't think Ellie who is 8 has done a part yet! She was pretty small last time we did it.

Just now reading your TR. I am planning to go the first week of Feb 2019 and wanted to see what the weather and crowds were like for you. I am only on Day 1 so far, but I'm loving it!

Haha i know exactly what you're talking about with the cold air vent at PFH! We encountered that on a super cold night in November and it wasn't fun!
It seems like such a silly thing to mention but it was sooo cold and so memerable!

Joining in! Seems like such a fun trip so far!
Welcome!!! Thanks for joining in!

I swam for six years in middle school and high school and its a great sport! Great way to be apart of a team but also have your own personal goals that only you can really accomplish! My strokes were backstroke and free.
It really is a great sport. Morgan is still figuring out the whole practicing thing. I was a long distance swimmer, the longer the better. I had to beg and couch other girls to do the long distances in high school.

. I don't think Ellie who is 8 has done a part yet
It is hard, I don't know how they decide! Morgan was just an extra one time, but thankfully she was ok with it.

Just now reading your TR. I am planning to go the first week of Feb 2019 and wanted to see what the weather and crowds were like for you. I am only on Day 1 so far, but I'm loving it!
Welcome!!!! Thanks for reading along! We love February as a time to go. This was our 3rd time going at this time of year. It has gotten more busy with each trip but still a great time to go! The temp can be a bit spotty, cool or hot. But not a lot of rain like later in the year.

The girls LOVED walking around in fantasyland with the fireworks going off. They thought it was super fun!
That is pretty fun, with fireworks on both sides!

Here is a video of the first half of the show. I just love this show. Just something about being a kid and being apart of the show is just so magical... I love it. But if you don't want to watch all of it, fast forward to 2:00 to see Gwen as the beast and the cutest Roar ever!
Cute!

After the show, I looked at the wait times, and everything still had long waits. We decided to go do The Little Mermaid Ride. I think we waited about 20 minutes! It was about 8:30 now. But everything still had long waits and there really wasn't anything good to grab for fast passes. This literally might be the longest we have ever waited for this ride, but it wasn't that bad.

I was looking forward to seeing Scuttle while we waited but he wasn't out ;( The girls watched the video of Gwen saying Roar about a million times while we waited. They were cracking up at it!
That is an insane wait for Little Mermaid! Too bad about Scuttle!

And we could in fact see the fireworks from our table.
So fun!

The girls LOVED walking around in fantasyland with the fireworks going off. They thought it was super fun!
I'll admit, it is really cool! We walked from Adventureland to Tomorrowland during the fireworks. It really was awesome.

My favorite part of this is the mirror that turns into the entryway. It still amazes me! I just love it!
I haven't done this yet so I haven't seen it but have heard about it. So cool. I may talk my boys into it one time.

We made it over to the carpets and scanned our bands. It still took FOREVER!!! We only waited one cycle but when we got into our carpet it took a LONG time for them to check everyone for some reason.
I'm glad my boys' fascination with this ride has faded. The line never seemed to go down a few weeks ago...even once the fireworks started! So we skipped it. Boys were fine with that. I honestly think they like Triceratops Spin the best (even more than Dumbo) and it always has no line!

That is an insane wait for Little Mermaid! Too bad about Scuttle!
It was. But everything that night had pretty long wait and there was no good fast passes to be had!

I haven't done this yet so I haven't seen it but have heard about it. So cool. I may talk my boys into it one time.
You def should. I bet your boys would love it. It "seems" like a girl thing but really it's not. The boys would love being in the show, I am sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts