Wine Tasting

Pugdog007

<font color=6666FF>Volunteer Alabama Pug Rescue<br
When and where is your first opportunity to book this?

I really can't decide whether to do this. We have been to many wineries around the world, tasting wine, and although we are not experts, we know how to taste wine, and why. Is this a basic introduction to wine and wine tasting? We didn't find the wine list on DCL to be very good... is that the wine that they offer in the tasting? It is a lot of money for two people, if it is just going to be basic instruction. Help!

Each time has been different wines. They do not spend a large amount of time telling you how to taste the wine which I appreciated as like you we are pretty well school in this. Why I like it is it gave me the oppertunity to taste wines I normally would not encounter such as a muscato. You tast six wines and a champagne so it really was a good value three white and three red. The wines are different at each tasting in case you want to go more than once on your trip (we were going to just couldn't make time) I really enjoyed it!

I would say it was fairly basic wine tasting - how to hold the glass, swirl the glass, smell the wine, taste wine, etc.

You get to sample 7 wines and the same wines that are available during the cruise. I do believe most of the wines are on the higher end of what is offered on board. Even though I'm not much of a fan of wine and my wife didn't need the basics, we both enjoyed it. We found it a nice relaxing break from the usual running around we had been doing.

mareka,

yes it is offerred on the 3-day

it's either 3 or 3:30 on Nassau day in Palo

Hiya nedleycan,
My dh is a wine buff and he wants to do the tasting each time we sail. Four or so wine stewards give short presentations, and dh loves talking to them after the formal program.

BTW, Palo's wine list is more extensive than the ones available in the normal dining rooms (including a yummy Opus One if you're in the mood to splurge!)

Originally posted by nedleycan
We didn't find the wine list on DCL to be very good... is that the wine that they offer in the tasting? It is a lot of money for two people, if it is just going to be basic instruction. Help!

We found it pretty basic, but enjoyable nonetheless. You don't have to wait for Palo's to order off the better list, just ask your server for it. There are some fabulous wines available, but they are at the upper end of the price range ($40+ per bottle) - I think that's why they don't put them on the basic list. We tried a Burgundy (Cote de Beaune, I think) which was magnificent. They had opened it for another couple who sent it back, the wine steward asked if we wanted to try it and there was nothing wrong with it at all. It should have cost about $80, but they gave it to us for half price since it would have been wasted anyway.

Yes, the wine was better there. We had quite a nice bottle, and although I remember enjoying it (Dec. 2002) I can't remember what it was. Maybe it was because we had Champagne before the wine... ooops!
I think we may try the wine tasting, just to do something different onboard. We are really looking forward to the 7-day. We were on the 4-day previously (because our 11/30 cruise was canceled) but I didn't find there was enough time to do everything. 7-days should be nice!

We were not able to get to the wine tasting :( but we had a great wine at Palo's. It was the Moscato. It was fabulous and I would pay dearly for more here at home, but have not been able to find it. They will let you try anything they sell by the glass since if you don't like it they can just use it for that. Next time I am twisting DH's arm an making him go to the wine tasting. :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter