Wine Bar George No Love

jsbowl16

DIS Veteran
Correct me if I am wrong but I dont remember the team ever reviewing Wine Bar George and they also didnt mention it in the Best and Worst of 2018 even thought it opened in May. Is there a reason it hasnt been reviewed or mentioned? I know some members of the team don't drink alcohol but they have some good food options that I would love to see reviewed by the team. I understand you cant always go to the opening night of every restaurant but I thought there would have been more mention of it by now.

I'm pretty sure Craig mentioned going there but that was during one of the Tuesday shows. I am not sure about a dedicated show.

We went on our first day and dropped our reservations at BlueZoo and Jiko to go back, got to meet George and the Executive Chef and re-requested the same server Juan every time. We have it scheduled 3 times again on our November trip. I too would be interested in hearing what they think of it.

My husband and I went on Dec 6th - one of my favorite meals of our trip -
service was excellent-
we shared the “big board “ which was cheese and meats and accompanying jam, local honey and bread

- wine list was very good to the point I tried to buy the one my husband had and I could not get it in the PA liquor store

I would definitely go back

We went on our first day and dropped our reservations at BlueZoo and Jiko to go back, got to meet George and the Executive Chef and re-requested the same server Juan every time. We have it scheduled 3 times again on our November trip. I too would be interested in hearing what they think of it.
We are going twice on our trip in July as well. I saw a few lists of the 2018 best restaurants in Orlando and this was the only Disney restaurant on the list.

We walked in on the Saturday after thanksgiving, which was a crazy busy night at DS. Great service and food, even better we never felt rushed. I didn’t see my favorite wine listed (haut medoc) but the server listened to what I liked and knew exactly what to recommend. I was more than impressed.

I thing Craig and Corey need to review this. The food and drinks are right up their alley.

Last edited:
We were there the week before Christmas for the first time. They had foie gras on the small plates menu. FOIE GRAS! I couldn't believe it since all of the rest of WDW had taken this dish off the menu years ago. They explained they were not a "Disney" restaurant and would do what they want! It was prepared with a sweet berry jam on the side. it was delicious. Finally something "gourmet" at Disney!

We met up with some friends there our last trip - were seated at a large table near the bar

We really enjoyed it and a nice wine list - and like how they helped us "create a flight". In a few cases they didn't have exactly what people were looking for but offered up other suggestions and let people taste things, etc.

Not the cheapest place but for a "classy" night out it was nice

Ryno and I don't typically do table service reviews (that's for the DDS crew), so that's why you haven't seen it from us on the site. Both of us have eaten there though. The meal and wine I had there was better than probably anything else I had at Walt Disney World in 2018, but it is very expensive. If you have the money to blow then I'd say it's my favorite place in Disney Springs by far.

Agree about the pricey part - but guess "get what you pay for" ... so for a special occasion (or if you just do like 1 or two glasses of wine and some small bites) I think it is a great spot!

Pete and I tried wine bar George on the Sunday before Christmas, along with my mother as well. It was essentially the only place available for a last minute reservation and overall we didn’t feel it was worth the money.

The food wasn’t bad necessarily, but I do think there are better places for the price. We also didn’t like that the entrees were limited to 3 choices for a group. One option was fish and that’s a no go for Pete. Another was steak which you would have to have everyone agree on the temperature of the steak, so for most people that’s not going to work and didn’t for us. So we essentially had to choose the chicken option, which wasn’t what Anyone really wanted, per say.

So, overall that was an issue for us because the general price was $60 for a shareable entree so we weren’t going to get multiples of things at that point. I think if everyone is on the same page with what they like, then it’s a good option.

Pete and I tried wine bar George on the Sunday before Christmas, along with my mother as well. It was essentially the only place available for a last minute reservation and overall we didn’t feel it was worth the money.

The food wasn’t bad necessarily, but I do think there are better places for the price. We also didn’t like that the entrees were limited to 3 choices for a group. One option was fish and that’s a no go for Pete. Another was steak which you would have to have everyone agree on the temperature of the steak, so for most people that’s not going to work and didn’t for us. So we essentially had to choose the chicken option, which wasn’t what Anyone really wanted, per say.

So, overall that was an issue for us because the general price was $60 for a shareable entree so we weren’t going to get multiples of things at that point. I think if everyone is on the same page with what they like, then it’s a good option.

I think the value depends on what you order. I feel like the chicken is overpriced but the steak and fish are under priced compared to paying $65 to $70 for two steak or fish entrees of less quality at Mama Melrose or Chefs De France for example.

I passed it on our last trip it seems pretty ritzy so I was counting on the dis to dine there as I won’t ever go otherwise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter