Wine Bar George- Fantastic!

csmolu

Mouseketeer
We arrived for lunch to a very quiet restaurant. We asked to sit somewhere that was good for people watching. The hostess suggested upstairs and outside, but she would have to call someone to seat us as she had to stay and greet people on the lower level. Well who walks up but GEORGE himself! He took us to a lovely table upstairs overlooking the Springs walkway. He was friendly and incredibly helpful with wine choices and suggestions. When GEORGE tells you the best wines on his menu, you listen! We shared three small plates, the Grilled Romaine, the Mac and Cheese Bites and the Burrata. All three were outstanding! The Grilled Romaine and the Burrata being the standouts. We split the Key Lime Pie for dessert and it was a perfect lunch. Service was wonderful as well. We can’t wait to return!
IMG_2155.jpg IMG_2156.jpg

I’m so glad you shared your experience! By any chance, were you on the dining plan? Where the menu is so limited, I was wondering if you can choose several of the small plates in lieu of 1 of the 3 entrees?

Thank you for the review. Your lunch sounds absolutely perfect, I cannot wait to give this place a try!!

Sounds awesome!

I'm also curious how this works on the Dining Plan. The most I've been able to find is that they let you combine a few small plates to make up your meal. Vague but not much else out there yet. That said on my DS day I think I'm going to take a leap of faith and switch my lunch from Morimoto to WBG.

I’m so glad you shared your experience! By any chance, were you on the dining plan? Where the menu is so limited, I was wondering if you can choose several of the small plates in lieu of 1 of the 3 entrees?
We were! We were allowed any glass of wine up to $16 and 2 small plates per person. We actually only had three plates total since we didn't want to waste food. There are also three lunch specials that would qualify or two people could split one charcuterie and cheese platter.

Sounds awesome!

I'm also curious how this works on the Dining Plan. The most I've been able to find is that they let you combine a few small plates to make up your meal. Vague but not much else out there yet. That said on my DS day I think I'm going to take a leap of faith and switch my lunch from Morimoto to WBG.
Choice of three lunch specials, two small plates per person or two people one charcuterie...

Thank you for the info! LOL-In the interim I phoned the restaurant and spoke with a mgr. named Nick, very nice young man.

For dinner, you would need 2 credits for one of the entrees (steak, chicken or bass), a glass of wine 14.99 or less and dessert (each). With deluxe you can choose a small plate or small cheese board as well.

We were lunch...
Is lunch a CS or TS credit? It seems like the price of a lunch special and a glass of wine would be cheap enough for a CS credit similar to Polite Pig but I am assuming dinner is automatically a TS credit because of the price of the shareable meals. We will be there in just over a week for the shareable dinner entree but we were wondering how lunch was handled with the DDP since some of the specials are in the $15 range.

Last edited:
Is lunch a CS or TS credit? It seems like the price of a lunch special and a glass of wine would be cheap enough for a CS credit similar to Polite Pig but I am assuming dinner is automatically a TS credit because of the price of the shareable meals. We will be there in just over a week for the shareable dinner entree but we were wondering how lunch was handled with the DDP since some of the specials are in the $15 range.

I looked at the menu and the shareable plates are available for lunch as well so I am assuming it is all TS. I guess the lunch specials would just be a bad use of a dining credit since it is less expensive than the other options.

To sit down at Wine Bar George it is a TS credit. There is also Wine Bar George's Basket which is CS credit...

I called today with questions about what is included for Lunch. I spoke with pleasant girl named Brandy who said on the DxDP 1 credit would entitle you to an App consisting of one of their Small Plates, an entree which could include your choice of 2 more Small Plates, one of their Lunch Specials or a Cheese or Charcuterie Board and a non "Chocolate Experience" Dessert. Dessert could be traded for any small plate of equal or lesser value. She also said it includes any drink $18 or less. So best case scenario for 1 credit on the DxDP you could order

Porchetta Pork Cheeks $16
Grilled Octopus $16
Burrata $15
Olive Oil Cake $7
Caymus Grand Durif Petite Syrah $18

$76 with tax. I'd say an above average use of 1 credit.

I could easily see that being enough for 2 people to share at Lunch, well with the addition of a bit more wine :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter