Wine and Dine...to the Finish Line! Fall 2017 TR NEW 11/7 A Change of Pace

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by chunkymonkey, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Pluto0809

Pluto0809 DIS Veteran

I'm really looking forward to trying this in May! I'm also a little scared too since I'm a picky eater. The meats in your dishes look yummy but I'm not a big fan of veggies. I'm hoping they will let me do some subbing.

I haven't been out to RPW for a few years but I was sad to see it close. I did hear that it's supposed to reopen eventually. It will be interesting to see what changes they make out there.

I really love your Lion King shirt!

G'sMaman and chunkymonkey like this.
  2. chunkymonkey

chunkymonkey DIS Veteran

An emphatic YES.

Oh good hope that doesn't change in May.

Oh so that means you will come to Tiffins? LOL.

They are completely different type of desserts, one is sweet, warm, gooey and banana-y, and the other is tart, cold, refined, and fresh. I love them both!

I'm not. It's seriously the best place to catch a breather!

Not with the new rates.

Oooh I would love if they reopened! I guess it may be seasonal? I really have come to appreciate AK a lot more than I did.

The menu changes every time we go! Who knows, they may have nuggets when you go! I think my nieces and nephew ate the pasta when we were there.

I really love this restaurant! Although I dont' have an ADR for January, it's a shorter trip and we wanted to try new things, but I really want to go back!

OMG if it turns into a Zootoopia thing I'd be so happy! That would be a smart move on their part because Zootopia is so popular.

thank you!

I love that dessert so much!

Yes. Too bad. Although they are going to reopen I hear?

thanks!

Oooh how was dinner? I have to catch up on your TR.

right now it's still March 15-20th. I actually haven't made any other plans for March! I've been behind on my planning for my other trips and the May trip is where my planning energy goes.

I was a little bummed to miss Strawberry Soup but we had it in Sept so I got my fix.

Haha but you're on California time so that would be early for you.

It's so funny but I seriously think the menu sounds waaay more exotic than what is served. I think they have to come up with some adventurous stuff, but literally Steve had a surf and turf the other day there that looked like...surf and turf with whipped potatoes. It was amazing!

He is not one for character meets!

That is funny because every time I am there they are never being used! It's like no one knows about them!

I would say veggies portions are very small. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. I don't think it's as exotic as you think. It sounds more weird than it looks!

If it's a zootopia theme that would be awesome! I don't know what else they would do there to make it more "Disney" lol.

Thank you! I got it at Trend-D earlier in the year.

StarWarsMomofGirls! likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. pkondz

pkondz . . Dis Dad #797 . . Hoping to get lucky

It May. Maybe. Maybe not.

Nope. Sorry. Not that day, at least. :)

I'll take two.

Of each.

And I'd never heard of them. Huh!

:rolleyes1

chunkymonkey likes this.
  5. franandaj

franandaj I'm so happy, I could BOUNCE!

Dinner was awesome, but it will be a while before I get to that one. I got super sick two days later and I'm finally just getting back to the boards.

All I've done is make a rough outline of meals and parks. Over Christmas I'll sit down with my folks and plan our FP+.

I can't wait to have some in March it's been a year now.

Even once we've adjusted to East Coast time. In fact at the VGC we still are checking out at 11AM.

Since most people rave about it, I'm excited to try. Maybe in October.

chunkymonkey likes this.
  6. chunkymonkey

chunkymonkey DIS Veteran

Whew sorry for the lack of updates, it has been a very tiring month!

November 4th Part 2 - A Change of Pace

We arrived at Flight of Passage in time for our FP. The wait was incredibly long on standby, as usual. I think the only time I have seen low waits was during the weekdays most recently this September when it was only 60 minutes. I personally don't believe it was that short but that was the shortest I have ever seen it. Every other time, including this trip last year it has been about a 3-4 hour wait. Due to impeccable DISboard planning, we had FP and luckily didn't have to wait that long, LOL.

[​IMG]

In fact the FP line was rather empty. Look at my surprised face:

[​IMG]

After another amazing ride on FoP we got a few PP Pictures.

[​IMG]

Oh, hello there!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I decided that it was now or never that I get my beloved Satuli Canteen Chicken Bowl. We wouldn't be returning to AK after today and I didn't get to have my chicken bowl yet. Yes it's only been a few hours since Tiffins but I do have a particular set of skills...to eat even when not hungry! I know that all I really need is a child's portion to satiate my craving. There are so many great things to eat in AK so this is my way of having many of my favorite things in an afternoon. #greedy

[​IMG]

I LOVE the charred green onion vinaigrette! It really makes the dish. I tried the mayo-based sauce once and it wasn't for me. I like this sauce because it is like chimmichurri but not as garlicky so you can still talk to people after.

OK craving satisfied and we can move on. :thumbsup2

I took this panorama of Pandora to show you how crowded it was that day in AK:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/kJzShRLLj4TozbW8LlXQVeUjNGXwn6YxB4_87CYba9eYJbgwdNpwgasBYZcWRixHMr7iFkPI6jDrzvmp7Z_tXP0dKZWqqwu4sOViD8pI_dN7czNDkYty-5CrID0QcHQP9mb3x3XRIWgEvzgR5EiEPXJayAvft90vj-syr4zFA779MKD7aZWJuJb7baRhApo-WcKQYD4gz2toTeE6cwkqoMcgFdBp98MvdiclL9B_MyNXOllPOP-725eBEKwUJx9k1W-vswUrhdB9oor1iHxlPBmMQn5KM5Bk96PQolWYwd6tLtmuvl1deUQczhMqYXa7ysCGl1yX40xDiwEzUv66-h-aqA4-D-EXggKqAUDR9JGucB2LCIAPMMNjHlrJaqbmHS4qYShqXwVIXfxhCaZqSZS3ke7mHOd9HKF3pKOmMYky7LzO5OINZgwAkvhcZRXTgRmdiN-****kklptoYW-wBlDp_f9MUYhyY1D4cGa0xkK3yG-ARkLLB_qdl0x8eFDM6KNPMjhR2WWJrlZcYelsV4DwpkWsA7zwM40_JZ7Kg_uIEt6PLJViCrzvbew3-vJwn9FEFX4sH6e2CtsuVa8TC1DXtsf4NA3fvAzmcZ8MeumXA2Ka5E6xRp6DvnU4x8wYrfcXWDbKCt7a0HvYt-BK0TnUYxd6gtBpSeHEnPBDkazBg=w1432-h768-no

Our last FP for the day was with my favorite couple at Adventurer's Outpost!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love them in their safari outfits. They are so chic. :cutie:

We left AK soon after that to check into our new hotel for 2 nights...The Swan!

I booked a standard room on points, and it had a king sized bed and was actually really big, especially when compared to standard Disney rooms. We didn't get a view but that didn't matter as we weren't going to be there for long. I was just so happy to get a king-sized bed!

[​IMG]

I think the only difference between the Swan and Dolphin rooms is the extra sink located outside the bathroom.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've only seen standing showers in the Swolphin complex but I think there may be tubs too.

The extra tiny sink outside of the main bathroom. So I guess it's a dual sink! There's also a pretty large storage space opposite the sink.

[​IMG]

We were going to spend the evening at Disney Springs to watch Thor: Ragnorak on opening night. We thought a relaxing afternoon at the pool would be nice so that's what we did.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I loved how incredibly uncrowded it was here!

Later on that evening we headed to Disney Springs. We decided to grab some quick service and ended up at D-luxe burger. It was pretty crowded and we got on a longish line. You can mobile order but they didn't apply any discounts if you did and Steve was adamant on using his TIW card to the fullest so we just waited on line. It moved pretty quickly though.

[​IMG]

We got the Premium Duo: One Classic Cheeseburger and choice of one Premium Burger. We ended up with the Southern Burger with pimento cheese, fried green tomato and bacon. The duo is served with fresh cut fries to share and 2 fountain drinks.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think the sauces we ended up with were garlic ranch and chipotle mayo. I am not a fan of chipotle so that was Steve's choice. We both really enjoyed the burgers here. I loved the fries too. I am a fry gal. I always eat my fries first as I like them piping hot and crisp! I think I liked the classic cheeseburger better but I am a sort of burger purist and I usually stick with a cheeseburger rather than burgers with all sorts of different toppings, but I did think the Southern burger was quite tasty because it had a fried green tomato on it, and that is a-ok with me!

After dinner we went to the AMC theater. We did not know the dine-in theater entrance was different from the regular theater entrance we just thought they were all part of the same entrance, but no, if you want the dine in, it's one theater and the other regular theaters are further down. We were in the regular theater so had to walk further down but did not know that at first

Below is the picture of the theater we thought we were supposed to go to!

[​IMG]

The regular theaters had screens that were much bigger and I think we saw it in the biggest theater they had. We both loved Thor Ragnorak. It was so funny! It was such a perfect night to watch a movie! I really loved our low-key day with lots of food!

Coming up...even more food, the BEST FAMILY MEAL WITH STRANGERS, and finally, this TR could be over!!

7. missjackiemcg

missjackiemcg DIS Veteran

I really want to try this on our next trip! We didn't make it there on our January trip this year, so I sadly didn't get to try any of the food or even that beautiful drink everyone is always posting!! On my list for sure. And that vinaigrette sounds amazing.

We usually tour commando style, but a day like this sounds really delightful!

missangelalexis and chunkymonkey like this.
  8. Jenny Sanders

Jenny Sanders DIS Veteran

Oh my those burgers look good.

I'm totally one of those people that love low key Disney days!!!

chunkymonkey likes this.
  9. Pluto0809

Pluto0809 DIS Veteran

Yeah, 60 minutes seems kind of suspect. I waited 50 minutes in August during morning EMH!

Tried this in October and really liked it. I need to find a way to fit it in during the May trip.

Cute character photos!

Those burgers look amazing! This one is definitely on my list to try someday. There are just too many new restaurants at Disney Springs that I want to try.

These also look amazing.

I really need to go back and start from the beginning and watch all of the super hero movies. I have seen both of the Guardians of the Galaxy ones but that's it.

chunkymonkey likes this.
  10. MeghanEmily

MeghanEmily DIS Veteran

Oh is this your pictures of a child's portion?! Did they let you put sauce on it? I was told in past that you can't have sauce on a kids' meal, which seemed silly to me. It was an allergy meal, but that shouldn't make a difference because you can have sauce on adult allergy meals. I'll know to ask now.

Your pictures with the main mice are awesome! I love that meet in their safari clothes.

That seems silly that you can't use discounts with mobile ordering there yet. They should definitely update that.

Also, side note, I always think it's interesting that some places in the US you guys say "on line," and up here we say "in line."

Me too! I usually do the same thing! But I try not to as much when we're sharing, or Nathan never gets any fries. :laughing:

chunkymonkey likes this.
  11. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

We did the same thing with the AMC theaters. We thought it didnt matter what side you went in on too haha Im sure everyone makes that mistake!

What a great day!

chunkymonkey likes this.
  12. pkondz

pkondz . . Dis Dad #797 . . Hoping to get lucky

FP for FoP. Got it.

Whoa!!! You is shocked!

awwww...

upload_2018-11-8_22-26-41.png

:laughing:

Um... picture didn't work? Just see a broken link.

Cool! Don't know anyone that's stayed there.

Looks huge in comparison.

There's a ghost in your shower!!!! :faint:

Place looks empty.

::yes:: Gotta make it pay for itself!

mmm... those look good!

But then you can't talk to people!

Good! Might have to try that place some day.

Interesting. I'm more of a... burger snob. I want a good burger and I'm pretty selective about what qualifies... but I'll happily take interesting toppings if I think they'll work. Like an egg, or thick slice of ham.

Huh. Wouldn't have known that either.

Glad you enjoyed the show and had such a nice day! :)

13. Steppesister

Steppesister DIS Veteran

I think I'd prefer that sauce more too. Will try that next time when Mom and I go there in May.

I'm not sure I'd want a room without a tub. I need my long soak every night.

chunkymonkey likes this.