Wine and Dine...to the Finish Line! Fall 2017 TR NEW 1/25 The Last Day - THE END!

Later that evening we got ready and headed out to the Yacht Club. I think we may have walked it since it was such a nice evening, and also since we had such a big meal for lunch that we still had to work off before yet another decadent meal.

I don't know how you could even eat that much! I guess you are all still young! The three times we have done French lunches we had a corn dog at MNSSHP after the first one and the last two we stayed in the room cause we slept until 7 or 8PM and then had either tomato soup and grilled cheese or grilled cheese and Caesar salad. And that was at like 10PM!

So yum! Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be on the menu anymore. They have definitely changed their menu since 2017 but it could also be a seasonal thing. (BTW their new menu is just as awesome)

Bummer, I'll be there in March and not sure what we will have besides the Rib Eye. We will split it!

Steve and I got beef fat potatoes with our meal and the table shared sides of mushrooms and caramelized onions. So delicious! And so filling!

The menu says truffle fries, but I'd rather have the beef fat potatoes, those sound really good.

None of us got dessert but Yachtsman gifted us with little domes of chocolate and fruity things.

I was looking at their desserts today and there are a couple that look really really good!

Never had a bad meal at Yachtsman and we're headed there at the end of February in about a month and a half, so excited!

I hope to see your posts on FB about your meal so that I can have a good idea of what we'll get in the next couple weeks!

It tasted ok, nothing exciting, but it wasn't bad. It's like shumai but wrapped in a wasabi flavored wrapper.

That's not a good recommendation. I like shaomai, but not sure I'd like a wasabi flavored wrapper.

With that said, the event was almost over. We really didn't get to do much at all, but the time spent with friends was good.

I think I'd rather spend the $70 admission on drinks at one of the local bars....

Even though it was after rope drop, Epcot was nice and empty which was a nice change from what it was last night!

I love it when it's like that!

Where I opted to get a new favorite: The Roule au Lardon et Fromage - which is basically a roll with bacon and cheese.

I am so getting this on my March trip!

I wasn't sure how hard water would taste like but it was actually very refreshing, like a vodka seltzer with lemon. VOdka sodas are my drink of choice, so it worked for me.

Very interesting, they were advertising the same thing on the Super Bowl today.

I think I got the Pinot. Tiny cup tho!

they're all tiny cups.

We were definitely saving ourselves for one of our favorites...the Fish n Chips at Yorkshire County Fish Shop! I believe there was also a beer to go along with it (not pictured).

Oh My Gosh that looks so good! I wonder if we can squeeze this in with all the F&G treats.

We had an amazing week of Food and Wine gastronomy! We went to Victoria and Albert's, had a divine French Meal at Monsieur Paul, went to my favorite restaurants, Ohana, Tiffins, Yachtsmans, and Citrico's. We went to our first MNSSHP, and we ran a 5k! And we had the pleasure of meeting many of my DISboard friends that week!

It totally sounds like an awesome week! It was fun meeting up with you for the first time and we have already met again since! Are we still up for sometime in March? And when are your dates in September? I'm going to be home all month, but I might as well start planning!

Spending your last morning/afternoon at Epcot sounds perfect! Especially when you can squeeze in some last minute F&W dishes ;)

Loved reading this report! And you are less than a month away from your bday trip which is awesome! :banana:

Thank you for reading! And congrats on your engagement!! So exciting!

This caught my attention while scrolling, what about Shake Shack?????

LOL, I do like Shake Shack but I feel like it's too hipster. I like In n Out because it's classic and cheap and delicious!
My favorite burger from shake shack was a limited edition called the Shackmeister. It's probably a good thing as I'd probably eat it all the time.

What a great trip and I love that polka dot top! Looking forward to hearing about you next adventure, thanks for sharing!

Thank you and thanks for reading!!

Great last day!

I am hoping to squeeze in an adults only Food and Wine trip this year.... this TR and all other F&W trip reports make me feel like it has to happen, but if it does am i going to want to do it every year???

Thank you!
And yes, you're probably gonna want to go back every year!! It's so much fun!

Great last day in Disney!!! Your next trip is right around the corner...And then, that Epic Girl's Trip...YAY!

Yay!! Can. Not. Wait!

Sad your 2017 trip has finally come to an end :) LOL It was so fun to read along!!

Thanks so much for reading along!

You will absolutely love it!!! We had a wonderful time, and they capture so many photographs (included!) that I didn't feel like I needed to be snapping away on my own. I could just roll with it and enjoy.

I'm sooo excited! I've always wanted to do it!

Awesome way to end the trip!!!
And hey, you are less than a month away now from your birthday trip party:

Yes!! So exciting! Thanks for reading along!!

But this shot is cuter.

Aww you're too kind. And a good liar.

I like that! Hadn't heard of that. :)

The photobooths are a fun way to think you're getting something for free at Disney but not quite.

Huh. I've heard of Sailormoon but not Sailorminnie.

They make new toys every day!

::yes:: I've only eaten there once or twice, but... mmmm….

MMMM correct.

I had to look twice! In the photo on the left, she looks like a brunette, while on the right, she looks like a blonde.

30 second highlights...it's the latest trend!

::yes:: Chicago mix. Hello! That stuff's like crack.

Love garrett popcorn!

Huh. I always got the slider there. Might have to try that one.

I like it but I'm a SPAM fan!

How was that? Looks interesting.

I can't quite remember but I think it was ok.

::yes:: Had that once. It was really good!

Love the fish n chips there!

Trying valiantly to smile for the camera.

Sigh, it's never gonna be good.

That sounds like a great way to end the trip! Your Food & Wine selections look delicious and you can't beat the fish and chips at Yorkshire County Fish Shop! Score on the flavored popcorn, too.

Have fun planning your birthday trip. Is there anything more fun than looking forward to a Disney vacation?

Thank you! It was the most amazing week filled with so much food and fun.
I'm trying to take it more low key on our next trip...yeah right! haha.

Chicago mix from Garrett's popcorn=CRACK for sure!!!

YES!! It's the best!

Been WAY too long since I've visited the Seas just to watch the fish. Need to fix that.

It's such a nice soothing afternoon activity. i almost don't realize the 400 screaming kids around me...:laughing:

Come home to Mama, My Love.

She will soon!! :cutie:

I would never have thought of that combo. Sounds interesting!

Chicago mix from Garrett popcorn is the best. Oprah loves it!

What a fantastic trip you guys had! Loads and loads of food and amazing dining experiences. Thanks for sharing it all with us!

Thank you for reading! It was a fantastic trip!! I loved every minute of it!

I sure hope so! I'm pretty darned excited for it all!

YES YES YES!!!!

I don't know how you could even eat that much! I guess you are all still young! The three times we have done French lunches we had a corn dog at MNSSHP after the first one and the last two we stayed in the room cause we slept until 7 or 8PM and then had either tomato soup and grilled cheese or grilled cheese and Caesar salad. And that was at like 10PM!

Oh we weren't hungry really, we just felt like since we were there that we'd just get something. That's why we shared a steak.

Bummer, I'll be there in March and not sure what we will have besides the Rib Eye. We will split it!

Good choice! When in March is your ADR there? I'll have David look out for you guys if he's working.

The menu says truffle fries, but I'd rather have the beef fat potatoes, those sound really good.

I personally love the truffle fries. The beef fat potatoes if I can remember are ok. I think they are like a mound of mashed potatoes that have been fried in beef fat.

I was looking at their desserts today and there are a couple that look really really good!

Yum. I don't think I've eaten dessert there, LOL. They do always look pretty good but I'm so full plus I'm ususally headed to some event.

I hope to see your posts on FB about your meal so that I can have a good idea of what we'll get in the next couple weeks!

Sure thing!! Plus my review is coming up soon in my Crazy DIS Asians TR.

That's not a good recommendation. I like shaomai, but not sure I'd like a wasabi flavored wrapper.

Yeah It was not that great.

I think I'd rather spend the $70 admission on drinks at one of the local bars....

Oh yes, me too. It was definitely a let-down. If not for my friends I would have been like, this event SUCKS!!!

I love it when it's like that!

I love quite peaceful Epcot!!!

I am so getting this on my March trip!

I like the Roule for breakfast. For some reason you can't stop eating...:laughing:

Very interesting, they were advertising the same thing on the Super Bowl today.

Yes! I saw that! I'll have to try some!

Oh My Gosh that looks so good! I wonder if we can squeeze this in with all the F&G treats.

You must! I love the fish n chips there!

It totally sounds like an awesome week! It was fun meeting up with you for the first time and we have already met again since! Are we still up for sometime in March? And when are your dates in September? I'm going to be home all month, but I might as well start planning!

IT was so amazing seeing you both there and then you again in California!! I'm still unsure about March. I just can't take that much time off work, so it may be a solo trip, but the flights for the weekend are horrendous. I'll have to see if they come down in price a bit. We are headed to Cali next week (presidents weekend) but spending time in Hemet mostly. I'm wondering if Steve's family will be interested in going to Anaheim for a day even if it's just to visit DTD. I think my niece would like it! I'll let you know if we do.

And when are your dates in September? I'm going to be home all month, but I might as well start planning!

Soo, it's tricky. I have to go back to Singapore to do stuff for my dad's estate and also my cousin's 40th birthday is Sept 3 and a bunch of our relatives are going so I might as well go then too It'll be from late aug to early sept. Then fly to the west coast USA, either go to California first for a few days, and then fly to vancouver for the cruise, or just fly singapore to Vancouver and then back to california after that. It's a lot of research I have to do on costs and flights and I just have no time to do it. I also want to do this with as least amount of days as possible. I think when I get back from our Feb trip I can really focus on other trips. I really really need to make sept work!! It'll be the most amazing world tour if I did!

Aww you're too kind. And a good liar.

I says it like I sees it.

The photobooths are a fun way to think you're getting something for free at Disney but not quite.

Free + Disney... does not compute.

They make new toys every day!

License to print $$$

30 second highlights...it's the latest trend!

:laughing: She'll make a killing!

Love garrett popcorn!

::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::

I like it but I'm a SPAM fan!

I liked it when I was in Hawaii, so... :)

Sigh, it's never gonna be good.

A for effort?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter