Williamsburg Dismeet?

Is this just for Podcast boarders or can anyone join in? :confused3 I might be able to come depending on the dates.

Is this just for Podcast boarders or can anyone join in? :confused3 I might be able to come depending on the dates.

This is for people who love Disney (preferably Disers . . . which you are). Please come. We would love to meet you.

Yes you can come anyone who can see these posts and can let us know they are coming is welcome!!!!

I like the idea of the theme park but does April work, being so close to the podcast cruise, for everyone???

I'm not partial to any date...but my DH and I might join you!

I just found this and am definitely interested in attending. I voted and can pretty much work it in any weekend in March. I've never been to one and don't really know what's involved in the planning/organizing. I'm not sure how I can help but am willing to give it a try if you need it.
I imagine it would be my husband and me....possibly my DD if she can get home from college.

Yes you can come anyone who can see these posts and can let us know they are coming is welcome!!!!

I like the idea of the theme park but does April work, being so close to the podcast cruise, for everyone???

I don't have any plans until May. Any weekend works for me in March or April. There would be 3 of us but, I'm planning on ditching DH & DD :lmao:

Hi everyone! Tinkbutt and I have taken into account all the feedback we have gotten from you, and this is what we've come up with so far.

We are going to have a Dismeet March 21, so block it off on your calendars. We will now be searching for an inexpensive place to meet, and we are hoping to do this thing from about 1pm - 5pm. This way everyone will have plenty of time to "mingle" as well as time to travel and do some sight-seeing.

As soon as we secure a place (and know what type of accomodations we will have) we can work on the details of itinerary and such. Stay with us as we pull this together!

Hi,
Sorry its taken me so long to get back in here.....I've been insanely busy the last two weeks.
As far as places to meet....are you looking for a hotel? a place to eat? a church fellowship hall? Since I haven't done this before I'm not sure what type of place would be adequate to meet the needs.
I can do some research for you if you want to give some ideas. Also, about how many do you think are coming now?

A suggestion....maybe the Williamsburg library might be an option. Definitely a cheaper meeting space than going to a hotel of some kind. Don't know what their availability is or if they could accommodate our group but I know they are a bargain in terms of meeting space.

OK, guys . . . Tinkbutt and I were feeling like we were running out of time to pull this thing together and make it what it should be. We are going to try to schedule something again for the fall, but continue to work on it now.

We'll keep you posted. And please PM me if you would like to help out.

Thanks!

I just stumbled across this thread and am only 45 min from Wlsbrg. It would be fun to meet some other DISers. I sadly can't commit to any specific dates b/c our schedules are all over right now w/ my work, DH occ. work on Sat. Baseball and soccer practices. We are getting passes to BG this year so if we end up doing a meet there some time I may be able to make that one.

I'll subscribe to this thread so I can stay up to date.

I NEVER come to this board, but I thought I would stop by and see where a near meet might be. :lmao: I'm a 10 to 15 minute drive from Busch Gardens. :lmao:

We've been to a DIS meet there in the past. Everyone had a blast! No plans other than deciding a date, time, and restaurant to meet at. Purchased our own food if interested, and chatted up a storm. :teeth: :woohoo:

I either of you, Pin Wizard or Piratemamaof3, would be interested in actively helping us organize this thing, could you personal message me? I think we had so much trouble getting this thing off the ground because neither of us lived close to this location to do some legwork in addition to not giving ourselves enough time. But if we are going to organize something like this for early fall, it seems we will need some people who live close enough to Williamsburg to be familar with it. Thanks!

I'm in Fredericksburg, VA, and would love to go to a meet! We love Williamsburg, will be at Great Wolf in July. And I'll use any excuse to head to the outlets!! :thumbsup2

If this gets off the ground, I'd plan on being there!

Amy

I'm about an hour from Williamsburg myself. Would be fun to do a meet at BG if the dates were right.

Hi NDM#1
I just realized I had received a PM from you waaay back. Obviously, I don't check that enough!
I'm still not able to PM....just don't do a lot of posting but wanted to let you know that I would be glad to help you guys this Fall. I noticed that some others have offered their assistance as well. If you need me, great- if not, then your won't hurt my feelings.
Summer might be a little easier on schedules to help with organizing things in the Fall. My son being out of school will make it easier to focus on other things besides his routine and schedule.
Just let me know if I can help or how. I can also send you my email address if you want to be able to communicate outside of the boards.
Take care.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter