Will winter ever end????

Lovely green winter in Florida :thumbsup2
The kitty at the corner of your home looks frooze solid. :lmao:

You can't see them, but on the left side of the front "garden" are two mice hiding from the kitty!!

Deb, you have a beautiful home!!!

Thanks, Kelly. It looks a lot bigger than it actually is. The RV port has about the same square footage as the house! (I have my priorities in order!) The house is 1,000 sq ft - one bedroom, one bath, eat-it kitchen (hence the bay window), and living room. The bedroom is in the front - hall w/bathroom on one side & wall of closets holding the washer & dryer & lots of shelves on the other side of the hall, then into the kitchen, then there is a foyer/hallway off the kitchen on the RV port side leading back to the living room. A 12x12 screen porch is on the back. Because we chose a corner lot, we have another driveway leading to a double car garage.Rick's hide-away is a 20x20 room above the garage with a 1/2 bath. Here's a view of the RV port side of the house. Notice the burned out hibiscus on the corner. It got "zapped" the weekend in January that we were at FtW. Temps got down in the teens that weekend.

FrtPortSide.jpg

Whenever we have over-night guests, they get the "guest house on wheels"!! Most people LOVE it!!

Phyllis - I wish you and Bob would consider moving into the "hood"! You'd make great neighbors and you would love the location and the development. 30 minutes to Disney!

Deb...your landscape is very nice!!!

Thanks, Rog. We just planted the row of holly you see "free-standing" last November. Nestled in the tall hedges of holly is a bird bath & feeder. We planted the other holly in hopes of making a natural privacy fence. Our neighbor's RV port is exactly 8 feet from the edge of our hedge, and while they are awesome people, I don't like staring into their house when I'm eating a meal. They feel the same way when they are outside - they feel like "peeping tom's" even though they aren't.

The old guy who previously owned the house would walk up and knock on the window while we were eating!:eek: After that episode, I kept the blinds shut & felt like a cave dweller.

Thank God plants grow quickly in Florida!!

FrtPortSide.jpg

Phyllis - I wish you and Bob would consider moving into the "hood"! You'd make great neighbors and you would love the location and the development. 30 minutes to Disney!

Neighbors..that's sweet... but Deb ...I think of us as being more like 'family":hug: ....(sorry Al..you're OUT) pirate: so long buddy:wave2:

Now Deb, haven't you always wanted a sister? ::yes:: ...I'm on my way sweetie :drive:

:idea: Now sister, to sister. ..exactly how fond is Rick of that room over the garage?...:confused3 come to think of it...
exactly how fond are you of Rick for that matter?....:confused:

:lmao: :rotfl:

I have a feeling, if I ever do show up in Florida..Deb might be moving out of state quickly! You only thought the guy next door was annoying tapping on your window during meal times...:rotfl2:

Seriously Deb..your home is beautiful! :lovestruc

Please feel free to come up here and do some landscaping. I could only hope to have it looking that good! :worship:

Neighbors..that's sweet... but Deb ...I think of us as being more like 'family":hug: ....(sorry Al..you're OUT) pirate: so long buddy:wave2:

Now Deb, haven't you always wanted a sister? ::yes:: ...I'm on my way sweetie :drive:

:idea: Now sister, to sister. ..exactly how fond is Rick of that room over the garage?...:confused3 come to think of it...
exactly how fond are you of Rick for that matter?....:confused:

:lmao: :rotfl:

I have a feeling, if I ever do show up in Florida..Deb might be moving out of state quickly! You only thought the guy next door was annoying tapping on your window during meal times...:rotfl2:

Seriously Deb..your home is beautiful! :lovestruc

Sistah Phyllis.... you are always welcomed at "House of Smith" (well actually, most everyone on this board is welcomed). If you tapped on my window while I was eating dinner, I'd tell you to get your azz in the house & fix you a plate!! As for Rick....hmmmmm....there are days, there are days!!:laughing:

Please feel free to come up here and do some landscaping. I could only hope to have it looking that good! :worship:

Rob... Actually, I bought a Florida Landscaping book and picked out what I liked & what didn't need a lot of maintenance, and hired a landscaping company to do the rest. My hands (and my back) no longer fit a shovel!!:headache: I used to love to dig around & mess with plants - but this danged age thing tends to screw a body up!!

Finally feels like spring around here!!! Shorts and Flip Flops are out of their boxes!!! Yay!!!!:cool1:

It sure feels like it here in Mississippi!! Georgeous weather!!! Great campin time!!! Wearin shorts today!!!

It sure feels like it here in Mississippi!! Georgeous weather!!! Great campin time!!! Wearin shorts today!!!

So am I. 'course I have jeans on over them. :lmao:

Welcome to Spring in the Midwest. Rain, fog, hail, thunder, and then to snow in the morning. Am I sounding pitiful enough??? :confused3

It was 60 here today!!! It's soo nice to see everyone out walking and enjoying the nice weather. Sadly, it's not going to last long. They're forcasting more snow here on Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter