Will we regret not seeing fireworks (HEA)?

chai latté

Earning My Ears
As the subject line states, will we regret not seeing the fireworks?

There are 4 of us (me, DH, 2 boys 5 and 7). 2nd time to WDW, but the kids were young the first time and don’t remember anything. We also didn’t see the fireworks the first time we went as my kids couldn’t stay up that late.

This time we’ll be in WDW from Sun. Nov 26th- Thurs. Nov 30th, 2017. We always like to start and end at MK, which are both early closure dates (6pm and 4:30pm respectively) and have no HEA. Despite this, I was hoping with early closures and no HEA, the parks will be less busy. We are not getting park hopper, so that’s not an option.

Would it be worth dealing with heavier crowds, and compromising on the schedule of MK days, just to see HEA? Will we regret it by not finding a way to fit it in? Thoughts?

From looking at the schedule, HEA is on the 27th and 29th at 9PM. November 26th and 28th MK closes early for the Christmas Party.

So, IMO, buy tickets for the Christmas party on the 27th and see those fireworks. Then come back on the 29th and see HEA.

Having seen HEA and been blown away by it, yes, by all means, do not pass this one up.

There are 4 of us (me, DH, 2 boys 5 and 7). 2nd time to WDW, but the kids were young the first time and don’t remember anything. We also didn’t see the fireworks the first time we went as my kids couldn’t stay up that late.

This time we’ll be in WDW from Sun. Nov 26th- Thurs. Nov 30th, 2017. We always like to start and end at MK, which are both early closure dates (6pm and 4:30pm respectively) and have no HEA. Despite this, I was hoping with early closures and no HEA, the parks will be less busy. We are not getting park hopper, so that’s not an option.

Would it be worth dealing with heavier crowds, and compromising on the schedule of MK days, just to see HEA? Will we regret it by not finding a way to fit it in? Thoughts?

Personally, we would never miss seeing them - part of what makes our trips complete!

I would regret not seeing HEA but we are all about the night time shows. I know some people couldn't care less about that aspect so it really all depends on your personal touring style! Really, only you can know if you will regret it or not.

You should try to see them. I'm not a huge fan of Fantasmic or Illuminations, but HEA is really amazing.

Only you can answer that question. How important are they to you? If you love fireworks and they're a big deal, then yes, you'll regret it. It's a wonderful show. However, if fireworks don't hold much interest for you or the family, then skip it.

MK will be crowded any day you go, so don't really use that as a factor.

The nighttime shows are my most favorite part of the day, but I have always loved fireworks. Wishes was my favorite show, and I am very much looking forward to HEA after hearing so many positive things about it. In fact, we're doing a dessert party to make sure we have a good view. I wouldn't miss it, but if you don't like fireworks or aren't interested in seeing the castle with projections then you might not mind skipping it.

I will be there the same week. I anticipate the crowds to be intense on the 29th, so we indulged and bought tickets to the Firework Dessert Party so we could make sure to see them.

HEA really is wonderful. When we saw it in May, we moved things around to see it a second evening.

Last edited:
I would switch my days around and go to MK when I could be there for the full day. The crowds on the day of the party vs the crowds on non party day are not going to be that different.

So I would change at least one day, either to start at MK or to end at MK, but not both so you can see HEA.

With a full day at MK if you don't want to stay there all day you can leave, go back to the hotel for naps, then head back to the parks for the evening

I'm a huge fireworks fan, but the mass of people if you don't do a dessert party keeps me away for now. My 8 and 11 YO boys would have had an adult standing directly in front of them and would not have been able to see the castle. If you will be back for another trip in a few years, I would not worry a minute about missing them this trip.

Disney does a very good job at fireworks shows. But "regret" depends on the individual. Many families don't make it past bedtime on any days of their trip. Some of them pick one night to stay out late, maybe on the last day, since their kids can make up for lost sleep on the flight or car ride home.

For HEA, the projections are a big part of the show. However, it is also quite enjoyable from a distance (such as from the dock at TTC)... and in fact the fireworks look so much bigger behind the castle when viewed from a distance. So if you choose to watch it on your non-MK days without park hoppers, I think that's an excellent solution.

I have been to WDW about five times so far with my kids, and not once have we seen a fireworks show (didn't want to keep them up that late and we prefer early mornings at AM EMH). I don't regret it. This upcoming trip, we will plan on seeing HEA on our final night (when we don't have to wake up early the following morning).

Whether you might regret it is so subjective... some people just aren't that into fireworks, so it wouldn't matter much.

I will only say that we saw the show for the first time the other night, and we were all blown away. We visit frequently, and really love doing new things. Our groups top 2 things this trip: 1) Flight of Passage, 2) HEA.

I think that getting a spot where you can see the castle really adds to this show in a way that it didn't as much with Wishes.

Yes you will regret not seeing the fireworks. See if you can switch your schedule around so you can see them. Paying full price for a park that's not open for a full day and with no park hopper seems a bit silly to me.

I'm a huge fireworks fan, but the mass of people if you don't do a dessert party keeps me away for now. My 8 and 11 YO boys would have had an adult standing directly in front of them and would not have been able to see the castle. If you will be back for another trip in a few years, I would not worry a minute about missing them this trip.

Yeah, that situation requires extra planning. Have you tried staking out a spot early? Or trying to view the fireworks from different locations? Sometimes you can see better the farther back down Main Street you go.

I have done it once on a shorter trip, but never again, lately I go at least twice, LOL! That being said, it's always adults only trips. These parties make it harder when they're pretty much scheduled every day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter