Will we like CSR?

DG-12

Mouseketeer
We live in Phoenix... I am wondering if we will like CSR? It looks beautiful but should we go for something completely different than what we're used to? Anyone else from the southwest stayed there?
Thanks
Dana

I love CSR and have stayed there twice now. I did read somewhere that part of a vacation was getting out of the area you know and into a place that is different. My Mom and Dad like in Washinton State amongst the trees. Dad loves the mountains so he wanted to stay at the WL and we did but we moved over to the Yacht Club for a change of scenery. If you are going for a long enough trip perhaps your stay could begin at CSR and then switch to something quite different. So if you are planning on staying in the moderat catagory Port Orleans Riverside would be different, partocularly the mansion home section.

We splitting our trip between a moderate and the CR... We stayed at POR last trip and I was thinking it might be nice to try something else- but on the other hand we loved POR so maybe we would be better off to just ask to stay in the other section of POR???
Dana

It is a hard decision isn't it? I try to stay someplace new each year because I like to try them all but also want to return to my favorites. I have done more of the trying the new though. I would try something new again this year if I were you and go to CBR or even POFQ. POFQ though my least favorite seems to be loads of others first choice. But you could stick with your original decision and go to CSR. Just request the Cabana section. It is least like Arizona that I can tell!!! Hope this helps. ;)

Hi Dana,
We live in the panhandle of Texas which could be considered Southwest I guess. We stayed at CSR last year and I must say, the rooms reminded me very much of a LaQuinta Inn. I wasn't smitten with this resort as so many others seem to be. But that's just MHO. I seem to be in a very small minority on this one but as someone pointed out in another thread - that's why they have so many different resorts to choose from.

I have pictures on my website that can help you decide on which section to stay in. Like others have said the Cabanas are the least like Arizona. They are a bit more "beachy" in my opinion.

All of the WDW resorts have their own special brand of "magic" It really is just a matter of opinion. Having stayed at all three moderates, I would definetly rank CSR as my least favorite, and POR Riverside as the best themed. CSR was nice, don't get me wrong, but my family just prefered the other moderates. If you do stay at CSR, Cabana 9b is a good choice. They usually put the convention people in the Casistas. Cabanas are in the middle of the food court, bus stop and pool area. The resort is very large and quite spread out.
Have Fun!!:D

I loved CSR when we stayed there in March 2001, but then again we also plan to move to Arizona after our wedding and vacation in AZ every year. So I guess they are pretty similiar, but really, it's very Disney so I doubt you'll feel like you're still at home.

Our family loves CSR but if you are coming from AZ, you may be used to seeing the theme used in CSR. It doesn't mean you won't love the resort but it may not draw you in for the same reasons it does for us. We love the SW/Mexican theme.

You can check out my website below for info and photos

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter