Will we ever see late hours again?

mickey0624

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!
A part of me is wondering and very concerned that late MK hours may be gone forever. Are the holiday and summer 11:00 and 12:00 closing times done for good. Will Disney just continue this practice and have MK close no later than 9:00pm year round and only keep the park open later than 9:00 for paid after hour events? For some reason, I have a very strong suspicion late night closing may be gone for good (even with extra magic hours).

I think so, unfortunately. They had already cut back before COVID. I can remember when they used to have EMH until 2 am. I loved being in the parks that late!

For good? Forever?

No.

As long as Disney feels the need to limit attendance they will keep shorter hours. As soon as they know that can open at full capacity the hours will go back to "normal"
'i hope so.....I don't expect the 2am closing but I have this bad feeling the earlier closings will become the norm

I wonder this, too.

And I also wonder when the paid DAH events will return.

We are planning to go in June, and it would be sad to never be able to be in the parks at night.

Hour were already pretty reduced due to party season and VAH/DAH events so it’s is a valid question. Certain weeks of the year call for longer hours because of higher crowds but I wouldn’t be shocked to never see 12 am closings again sadly.

And what about EMH? All of the on-site perks have really been depleted at this point yet they need on-site guest money. Very odd.

Hour were already pretty reduced due to party season and VAH/DAH events so it’s is a valid question. Certain weeks of the year call for longer hours because of higher crowds but I wouldn’t be shocked to never see 12 am closings again sadly.

And what about EMH? All of the on-site perks have really been depleted at this point yet they need on-site guest money. Very odd.
personally I think evening EMH may be VERY limited if at all. May bee a 9:00 closing with an hour of EMH..We always go in August and MK never closes before 10:00. I think that the days of 10:00pm closing with 3 hours of EMH are done. I can definitely see permanent summer and holiday hours being 9-9

right now, i think a LOT depends on the union negotiations to keep Cast Members safe as possible
I'm more talking about after the current pandemic. I get things are what they are now...limited capacity...reduced revenue....I'm talking down the road....will these shorter hours just be the new expectation

A part of me is wondering and very concerned that late MK hours may be gone forever. Are the holiday and summer 11:00 and 12:00 closing times done for good. Will Disney just continue this practice and have MK close no later than 9:00pm year round and only keep the park open later than 9:00 for paid after hour events? For some reason, I have a very strong suspicion late night closing may be gone for good (even with extra magic hours).

I truly hope you’re wrong. I love late nights at the parks! Especially Epcot, where you can walk around in the evening with a beer and a pretzel and just enjoy the atmosphere. I always planned all of our park days around EMH. I’ve had to cancel two trips already, so I have not had a chance to experience the shortened hours yet, but I’ll admit, they’re quite disappointing. However, I’m optimistic that once things get back to (or close to) ‘normal’, they’ll start extending the hours again... how late, I’m not sure. We can only guess right now.

The late late hours as 2 AM? I think those cost much more in staff than that it brings more in from people buying snacks and merchandise. So probably gone for good, special events excepted

The park closing at midnight probably only during high season to give people the opportunity to do more at busy times to prevent some complaints.

It has to bring in money, one way or the other.

Last edited:
This is the first time I will be going to Disney during the "holiday" season. I'm going first week of November and I know holiday decor should be up around November 5/6. I have ALWAYS wanted to see the castle decked out in lights. But with the park closing at 6pm, what's the point of them even decorating the castle in lights??? A part of me is really hoping that Disney realizes that people won't be able to see the lights on the castle and it's really stupid for them to close at 6pm. Hoping for at least an 8pm closure. (one could wish upon a star....) My fear is they will extend the hours after November when I'm long gone.

This is the first time I will be going to Disney during the "holiday" season. I'm going first week of November and I know holiday decor should be up around November 5/6. I have ALWAYS wanted to see the castle decked out in lights. But with the park closing at 6pm, what's the point of them even decorating the castle in lights??? A part of me is really hoping that Disney realizes that people won't be able to see the lights on the castle and it's really stupid for them to close at 6pm. Hoping for at least an 8pm closure. (one could wish upon a star....) My fear is they will extend the hours after November when I'm long gone.

You don’t have to worry about that because they are not putting the lights on the castle this year! Unfortunately, they decided to put projections on the castle instead!!! Sorry ☹

https://thecastlerun.com/disney-holidays-2020-edition/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!