• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will trade Disney pins for ESPN Zone pins

peoplemover

Mouseketeer
Howdy!

My Dad collects ESPN Zone pins, and he has asked me to come here and ask you guys if you would consider trading with him. He needs some extras of ESPN Zone pins for his trader book. He has a stash of Disney pins, mostly rack pins, that he will trade for them. Can anyone help him out? This way you would be getting a tradeable pin you can use on a future Disney trip for these non-tradeable ESPN pins. Right??? Am I convincing you? So come one, come all. E-mail me if you are interested. Thanks so much! :) :) :)

I have some ESPNZone pins from Washington DC and Baltimore. There are several different pins for each location. I'll be in DC next weekend and Baltimore sometime during the summer so I could pick up more then.
Kim

Isn't ESPN Zone a Disney affiliate? Why aren't these pins 'tradable'?

What cities specifically do you want?

I have a few different ones. Also, I thought that since ESPN Zone is owned by Disney that these were tradable pins also...as a matter of fact, I have traded some of the DC ESPN Zone pins down at WDW.

Sue Ellen

My ESPN Zone pin from the ESPN Zone in Baltimore does not say Disney on the back. Therefore according to many cast members I have traded with, the pin has to say copyright Disney on the back.

Well this is just what I have heard, but ESPN CLUB pins that say Walt Disney World on the front of them ARE tradeable, but the ESPN ZONE pins from other cities that have no notation of Disney on the front OR back are not tradeable. The Club and the Zone are 2 different entities. Now that might just be DL, I haven't been to WDW since January. BUT...my Dad told me that Disney doesn't own the ESPN Zone chain, an independent company owns those, but Disney DOES own ESPN. The only ESPN restaurant that Disney owns is the ESPN Club on the property. So...don't know what the deal is there.

Almost forgot what pins he wants...I am going to get out his pin book while he isn't looking sometime today and tell you guys which pins he HAS and which ones he wants extras of. Some of the offers I've gotten he's said "no" to because "he already has the pin" even though he told me when he asked me to post to this board that he needed TRADERS which would imply that he needed doubles of what he already has, right?????? But anyways...I will update what he really wants (if I can even figure it out) later today when he brings his pin book home. *sigh* LOL!

Hi Amy! I've traded ESPN pins with your Dad before and I still have some ESPN Zone Chicago pins available if he wants them. I have one each of the Logo, Baseball, Football, & Pilsner. Just let me know!

~Nancy~

Hey Amy--
The ESPN Zones are owned by Disney also. They have cast IDs and Cast Members for Disney/ABC get their discounts there--
As for trading--I suppose it is just like any other thing. Depends on who you ask. I have traded some of the ESPN Zone pins with CMs down at WDW and they don't say Disney.
I should have a few to trade with your dad if he is interested. I'll take a look at what I have (I think I still have some NY pins)
Take care,
Sue Ellen

If there is no Disney (c) on the pin it is not tradable. While many CMs don't like confrontation or disappointing a guest, they make take it, but they are not suppose to. Likewise with the PlanetHollywood. The CMs that follow the pin trading guidelines will only take the Orlando Disney (c) ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter