Will the Epcot Overhaul actually get done?

TrolleyTrouble2713

Mouseketeer
As I was driving home tonight, I realized that it's very likely that major "Central Spine" remodel of Epcot they showed off at D23 is in serious jeopardy. Think about the last financial crisis, the major downturn in tourism it lead to, and the massive cuts and neglect the US parks were subjected to for about 10 years after. Now we're headed for the same place again, and Epcot is well underway on this big remodel. When the market tanks again after this next election cycle, what are the odds Chapek just ups stakes and leaves Future World a pile of dirt for the rest of his tenure?

Or if they're too far along the next worst thing; we may be getting "Disney's Florida Adventure" in the next five years.

I'm not gonna get into a debate about when the next recession is gonna be, I think we are still probably at least 2-3 years off. Just about everything announced for Epcot is probably safe as it is well underway and the park in its current state will not draw guests away from the other 3 theme parks. If a recession hits the projects that will be canned have likely not been announced yet. Im thinking things like new monorail trains, AK expansion (especially Dinoland) Tomorrowland updates in MK (not tron) and DHS expansion. Disney is still probably 10 years away from a 5th Gate which is likely after the next downturn cycle.

Disney has made alot of financial choices over the last 10 years and they are pretty much rolling in cash. Heck they almost spent 5 billion on Spiderman. If a recession hits I don't think Disney will flinch to hard. They have so many hands in so many pockets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter