Will the changes in the AP discounts change your resort?

No I already stay at values. With All-Star Movies Planned for October and POP planned for Christmas.

I have the Free Dining for Oct and hopefully will get an 120 day AP rate for a Dec 17 check-in for Christmas. I have changed my budget and I expect to pay rack rate for Christmas. If a bonus is offered for Christmas great...if not, great....still going won't change my reservation.

We can still use the old system if we want to book a trip with short notice. The old system is not going away (at least not at this point). You can always book a room with out going through the AP website and if and when the codes come out you will be able to change your reservation just like you can now.
We can even book on line now using the "old" system. You can go to the AP website now and book a room with the AP discount up to October 4th. the only difference is that you have 45 days prior to your arrival to cancel rather than the 5 days that we have now.
The new system will have the non refundable deposit.
It seems like we can continue with the old system but use the new program if you want to take a chance by booking further in advance.

helenk said:
the only difference is that you have 45 days prior to your arrival to cancel rather than the 5 days that we have now.

Are you sure? I did a reservation for my daugther to see what the rate and policy was. I booked a room for September 16-20 at Pop and it quoted me $59 a night. I accepted and went through the entire process, except didn't finish with my cc. Once I got to the cc screen the top of the screen said, I had to cancel within 6 days of arrival. I actually copied the wording from that screen and it's on another thread around here. I was shocked, because I read it was also 45 days, but had to look for myself and it only said 6 days, which made me happy.

this is the exact wording that I cut from the payment page of the online reservation for my september dates:

"Please apply a deposit in the amount listed below to confirm this reservation. In order to receive a full refund of your deposit, notification of cancellation must be received at least 6 days prior to your arrival date."

n2mm,

You probably made the reservatiom under the fall rate discount:

Fall Rates from $59 per night plus tax, at Select Disney Value Resorts (6 day cancel)

Instead of the Passholder Best Rate Program (45 day cancellation) which is what the person is talking about.

johnnyr said:
Absolutely! It will most likely change where and IF we book. Vacation is just that. A relaxing time to spend with the family. I Thought that is what Disney was all about. If I have to stress over the changes with the AP program, it's not fun anymore and maybe its time to move on. I am a long time dedicated AP holder that has spent enough money in WDW to purchase a second property. We used to spend most of our vactions in the Caribbean until we had children and discovered the benefits of being a Disney AP holder and the joys of staying on a Disney property. If it becomes too much of a hastle to book Disney, we will most definately go back to vacationing elsewhere. I don't want to do it, but these changes are extreme.

Absolutely, I love Disney, but we can always explore other choices. I think most people budget for vacations and when rates exceed that budget you need to make adjustments. We are planning our Spring 2006 vacation and if discounted rates aren't offered at the world, we'll go elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter