Will San Angel Inn let me order off the kid's menu?

emilypaige

Earning My Ears
I am a very picky eater, but would like to take my boyfriend there as he loves Mexican food and I think the atmosphere is very fun. Does anyone know if I will be able to order an adult portion of the cheese quesadillas?

At any other restaurant I would tell you not to worry. My last two visits to San Angel have not impressed me with their customer service, it's also noisy and dark in the place and I would be hesitant to go into the place knowing I have a special request.

To be fair, they will probably treat you just fine, I'm just less sanguine about that being the case as I would be if discussing almost any other WDW restaurant.

To get what you want from them, I would plead a slight digestive upset and request a double sized Cheese Quesadilla while pointing to it on the menu.

It seems silly, but on my last two visits I had to argue (really too strong of a word) with the waiter because I did not want Queso Fresco on my food. That's all. Please no sour cream or guac, and please hold the queso fresco. "But sir, it really should have the white cheese on top..." Please no. "But, but, it has hardly any flavor. It's very mild..." Then I won't miss it. It was like the guy owned stock in the cheese company.

I sure hope so....I have an onion allergy so I was hoping that I would be able to get this as well.

At any other restaurant I would tell you not to worry. My last two visits to San Angel have not impressed me with their customer service, it's also noisy and dark in the place and I would be hesitant to go into the place knowing I have a special request.

To be fair, they will probably treat you just fine, I'm just less sanguine about that being the case as I would be if discussing almost any other WDW restaurant.

To get what you want from them, I would plead a slight digestive upset and request a double sized Cheese Quesadilla while pointing to it on the menu.

It seems silly, but on my last two visits I had to argue (really too strong of a word) with the waiter because I did not want Queso Fresco on my food. That's all. Please no sour cream or guac, and please hold the queso fresco. "But sir, it really should have the white cheese on top..." Please no. "But, but, it has hardly any flavor. It's very mild..." Then I won't miss it. It was like the guy owned stock in the cheese company.

How odd. We went there a year ago and my daughter got the tortilla soup and was picking the avocado out and the waitress apologized profusely for it having avocado when my daughter didn’t like it. She said she would have left it off had she known. We told her it was fine and that she couldn’t possibly have known that she didn’t like avocado (at the time - loves it now). We never really even thought about requesting it without.
As for the kids meals - that I have no first hand experience with. I have heard that some of the privately owned restaurants only let kids order off kids menus. But I have only ordered kids meals at quick service places

My son like cheese quesadillas which are only on the kid’s menu. That have let us order them, but always charged us for an adult portion. We always joke that it’s the most expensive cheese quesadilla ever.

I do not see why not.
It is their right to restrict the kids menu to the defined child between 3-9. Some non Disney owned restaurants do. I do not know the economics uponwhich they base their decision, but the can if they choose to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter