Will Resale’s Go Up With Star Wars?

Carolynleanne

Canadian Disney mom
Looking for some thoughts here. Do you think resale costs will go up once Star Wars and or the new Riviera resort opens?? Does that often happen with new stuff?

Looking for some thoughts here. Do you think resale costs will go up once Star Wars and or the new Riviera resort opens?? Does that often happen with new stuff?
Are you asking if the cost of resales at BWV and BC goes up or if more people sell to buy into the Riviera?

They will go up before Star Wars. DVC will be raising prices for all resorts after the new year, the question is how much?

In the past, the addition of new attractions has not itself done anything to increase DVC resale prices, even for any resort closest to the park to which attractions have been added. What has had an upward effect on resale prices, as long as overall economic conditons have been good, has been Disney's continuous increases in new-sale prices of DVC, and one suspects another increase is going to occur before Riviera goes on sale.

Last edited:

Okay, that makes sense. We're definitely buying resale, not direct (canadians) so I was just curious.

once resale goes past $200 a point , I'm selling. HA HA fat chance

Okay, that makes sense. We're definitely buying resale, not direct (canadians) so I was just curious.

I asked you this already in another thread but I am curious why, because you are Canadian, you will not buy direct. I am Canadian and have bought all my points direct. Wondering if you think as Canadians we do or do not get some things that Non-Canadians get.

I asked you this already in another thread but I am curious why, because you are Canadian, you will not buy direct. I am Canadian and have bought all my points direct. Wondering if you think as Canadians we do or do not get some things that Non-Canadians get.

Not to answer for the OP but I wonder if they happen to be in a province where they can not buy direct without actually signing in Florida. I don't believe DVC is able be sold to some provinces. Thankfully Ontario is not one of those provinces.

Not to answer for the OP but I wonder if they happen to be in a province where they can not buy direct without actually signing in Florida. I don't believe DVC is able be sold to some provinces. Thankfully Ontario is not one of those provinces.

Disney is not able to sell to all states nor countries unless you are physically there to sign the papers.

My country for one was not eligible for direct sales when we bought direct, but it didn’t matter as we were going to Disney anyway so they just made the papers ready once we came in. They actually had to change them as we agreed to buy our second priority resort but when we arrived a week later our first priority resort was available.

We're located in BC, so no, we can't buy direct unless we're there. Not that that matters, we go yearly. We just know that the PERKS of buying direct don't matter to us as we're on the West Coast. It makes no sense for us to be AP holders, or to fly in just for special events. And with the Canadian exchange rate, we can save $10,000+ by buying resale.

Possibly the falling value of the Canadian $ is on their minds. I think that makes it much more difficult to buy. I was fortunate to buy when CAD was close to par.

Possibly the falling value of the Canadian $ is on their minds. I think that makes it much more difficult to buy. I was fortunate to buy when CAD was close to par.

The CDN$ really sucks these days (and so does our price of oil). I bought most of my points when it was in the high 90s. This latest BLT contract I have at closing is going to be a little more painfull what with the dollar at 0.76

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter