Will OKW bell services move luggage between rooms?

jlovesee

DIS Veteran
In the past, when we have stayed at a regular (non DVC) Disney resort and moved rooms (within the same resort), we have had bell services come and move our luggage from one room to another. We left the luggage in the room in the morning, and called and had it delivered to the new room later in the day.

In January we are staying at OKW and even though I have stayed DVC a few times and know they function differently in many ways then regular resorts... but wanted to know if "moving luggage" worked the same? Saturday night we have a studio, and Sunday we move to a 1-bedroom. I would rather not schlep our stuff from one room to another considering its the same resort, if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance!

Jennifer

We moved from BLT to AKV last spring and they moved the bags for us. I don't see why they wouldn't do it for you at the same resort.

They will move your luggage but you have to be in the room when they pick up and deliver. The policy is an agreement between Disney and the Unions to increase the opportunity of the Bell Staff getting a tip.

:earsboy: Bill

We've had them move our luggage from OKW to BCV with no problem. The only thing for us is that when we want our luggage we have to call and be in our room waiting for it -- how would they get their tip.....OP, did you just leave the tip in an envelope on top of your luggage....just a little confused how you handled this part of the transaction.

We stayed at Old Key West :love: last April in a one bedroom bookended by a studio on each end and bell services moved us from the studio to the one bedroom and then again to another studio :yay: We had the same bell service CM and he even remembered us :woohoo:

In the past, when we have stayed at a regular (non DVC) Disney resort and moved rooms (within the same resort), we have had bell services come and move our luggage from one room to another. We left the luggage in the room in the morning, and called and had it delivered to the new room later in the day.

. . . . .
Jennifer

We just have Bell Services pick up our luggage as we head out to the parks in the morning. And then when we return in the afternoon or when we get the text message that the new room is ready, we either call bell services from the room or stop at the Bell Services station in the lobby and request it be delivered right away. Everything usually arrives within 15 minutes. Although I've never used Bell Services at OKW and SSR so I don't know the time frames at those resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter