Will Nextel radios work in parks

homebrew

Earning My Ears
Stupid question #347. I do not know if this is the best forum to ask this question but everyone knows that the inhabitants of this forum are by far the smartest and most well informed!!! LOL

Anyway, has anyone used the Nextel direct connect radio feature on their cell phones at WDW? I plan to split up with wife and split the kids.
TIA

George

When we were down in 2000 we rented the Nextel Direct Connect phones and they worked wonderfully!!! Very long range. One of us could be on a bus and the other inside MK and there was no problem! As a matter of fact, they worked so well we bought some when we came home!

Where did you rent the phones from?

We took our Nextel Directconnect phones down there and the radios did not work, just the phone, which was fine but we had to pay for each call as opposed to free radio time?

Maybe this is somthing I have to ask Nextel about???

What do you think?

Hi,
There used to be a company, on these boards, that rented out the Nextel phones and you used the directconnect. Apparently they have gone out of business or stopped renting them. Anyway, yes, with Nextel, the directconnect is only good for your home area...you could call them though and check on this. I just added nationwide long distance to my phones so we'll be able to use those (calls) with no roaming charges. There may be a way to switch those 2-way calls for a short time...I'm truly not sure but it's on my list of 'things to do' before we leave.

I just found some old paperwork I had saved from the company we rented from...it was called "In Touch Family Communications". We loved the convienence of using them but if my memory serves me right when we went again 6 months later the company no longer was there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter