Will launch bay be closing

Spectromagic1210

Earning My Ears
Hello All,

I haven't heard this as a direct rumor but I'm curious with Star Wars Galaxy's Edge opening in a little over a month, do you think they will be closing Launch Bay? If so what do you think/what would you like to see it replaced by? Personally I would love to see them bring back the character meet and greets and the animation class. I'm hoping they will move the animation experience from Conservation Station back to that building after SWGE opens because it fits much better with Hollywood Studios as a whole.

What do you think?!

Disneyland hasn’t closed their launch bay yet so I wouldn’t expect the DHS one to close right away.

Yes but I believe Star Tours is also over by Launch Bay at Disneyland if I am correct. Star Tours/SWGE and Launch Bay are NO WHERE near each other. I'm not assuming right away but I wonder after RotR opens if it will.... would make a lot of sense to me. It also frees up some extra area for new "attractions" same as inside Walt Disney Presents

Yes but I believe Star Tours is also over by Launch Bay at Disneyland if I am correct. Star Tours/SWGE and Launch Bay are NO WHERE near each other. I'm not assuming right away but I wonder after RotR opens if it will.... would make a lot of sense to me. It also frees up some extra area for new "attractions" same as inside Walt Disney Presents
Yes Launch Bay will eventually close but we don’t know when. It could be a year from now or longer.

Star Tours being near Launch Bay at Disneyland really doesn’t have anything to do with it staying or not.

SWGE also doesn’t have traditional meet and greet areas. Launch Bay offers a place to still meet the characters.

Yes Launch Bay will eventually close but we don’t know when. It could be a year from now or longer.

Star Tours being near Launch Bay at Disneyland really doesn’t have anything to do with it staying or not.

SWGE also doesn’t have traditional meet and greet areas. Launch Bay offers a place to still meet the characters.

Oh I completely get that it could be a year or longer I was just curious what everyone would like it replaced with when it eventually does...

They could close Pizza Rizzo and expand Launch Bay there. It would be close to Galaxy's Edge's entrance and it could be attached to the Star Tours exit (Tatooine Traders).

They could close Pizza Rizzo and expand Launch Bay there. It would be close to Galaxy's Edge's entrance and it could be attached to the Star Tours exit (Tatooine Traders).

Yea or maybe behind PizzaRizzo. I love muppets so I don't really want to lose that area...

What would you like to see LaunchBay replaced with?

Is it bad that I kinds of would like to see the muppets area closing to bridge star tours and SWGE with a new muppet/Henson based attraction in the current launch bay former animation area?

I don't think it will, at least not because SWGE opens. Why? Because Galaxy's Edge doesn't sell any Star Wars items. It sells items from the "planet" you're on. Nothing is branded as Star Wars.

Star Wars Launch Bay allows the sale of items branded "Star Wars".

They might re-imagine it in the future, but if they cut Launch Bay, they'd lose an entire avenue to sell Star Wars branded items.

They still have the Star Tours store they can sell these items in and Disney Springs.
Very true. They could always re-locate Launch Bay to Disney Springs / Downtown Disney, and free up park space for other attractions at World / Land. But to OP's question - nope, I seriously doubt they'd ever close Launch Bay, or at least the store-front "museum" concept for all things Star Wars.

I seriously doubt they'd ever close Launch Bay, or at least the store-front "museum" concept for all things Star Wars.
Ever is not in Disney's vocabulary. Launch Bay will not last forever. It will go away eventually.

Launch bay will be closing in the future, not for a couple years though. Disney’s been toying with plans for a while for a more permanent replacement. Remember the Monstropolis rumors? But for time being, I hope they replace the Kylo meet and greet with Vader, since there’s no Vader in SWGE.

If it was my choice they would get rid of the muppets full stop but that's just me! Shame that streets of America is gone, many good memories there, and I maintain that an adult (as in, adults are allowed in, nothing else implied) version of honey I shrunk the kid's area should come back!
The launch bay is a big area which doesn't fit with the surroundings ( little mermaid lol) so they could bulldoze it and start again. I'm sure Disney don't want to spend the money though and I'm sure HS fans are pretty much done with construction for a good few years.

Launch bay will be closing in the future, not for a couple years though. Disney’s been toying with plans for a while for a more permanent replacement. Remember the Monstropolis rumors? But for time being, I hope they replace the Kylo meet and greet with Vader, since there’s no Vader in SWGE.
Monstrolpolis would be awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!