Will in room amenities be removed?

While it may be possible virus is spread on hard surfaces, it's normally spread through droplets in air. CDC gave updated guidance on this.

Overkill to remove coffee-maker (especially the keurig), glasses, etc. Aren't the glasses washed? Are they removing tv remotes?
:confused3

Sure hope they have something set up to give a complimentary cup of coffee or two in the morning if they remove free coffee from the rooms.

Agree, I don't see the connection between reopening following the pandemic and the removal of these items from hotel rooms.

I’ve spent the past 3 weekends in hotels in Florida. I can guarantee you we had coffee makers in the rooms. Now, that’s subject to change, of course.

PS, no masks required at any of the hotels, and I’m still alive and kicking.
Were those hotels in Orange County? Those Phase 1 recommendations and mandates are for Orange County hotels.

Happy to see you are alive and well!!

My understanding is that it has already been decided that the coffee-makers are being removed from the resort rooms, though maybe not the DVC resorts (they appeared to be pretty specific about "hotel" rooms); big question is whether the mini-fridge will still be there?

My understanding is that it has already been decided that the coffee-makers are being removed from the resort rooms, though maybe not the DVC resorts (they appeared to be pretty specific about "hotel" rooms); big question is whether the mini-fridge will still be there?
We had mini fridge in 2 stays. The 3rd had a full kitchen, so we even had dishes and silverware.

It was only in the proposed items that the Task Force submitted as:

"these are just initial guidelines that have been set out by Orange County’s Economic Recovery Task Force. Things could still change and likely will."

These recommend initial restrictions were based on opening mid May. The first clues will be what is rolling out at Universal at the Loews hotels. Anyone been to UO yet?

Dave

I don’t see what danger the coffee makers pose either. They should be wiping them out. And can leave paper cups.
If they’re taking out coffee they should be providing the single use shampoos too!
I’m packing my hot pot to boil water and use the Starbucks Via.

I don’t see what danger the coffee makers pose either. They should be wiping them out. And can leave paper cups.
If they’re taking out coffee they should be providing the single use shampoos too!
I’m packing my hot pot to boil water and use the Starbucks Via.

I except single use shampoo will be back after all this. I think you'll see those big containers of shampoo, etc. empty if not removed and back to single use.

I don't agree that they will revert to individual cleansing products. The dispensers are permanently installed in almost every bathroom (okay, even Music and Sports, although the existing ones will likely be replaced and okay, possibly not even indtalled). Plus they have all this money invested in bulk products, and I can't see, well, any company spending unnecessary money on individual products.

I don't agree that they will revert to individual cleansing products. The dispensers are permanently installed in almost every bathroom (okay, even Music and Sports, although the existing ones will likely be replaced and okay, possibly not even indtalled). Plus they have all this money invested in bulk products, and I can't see, well, any company spending unnecessary money on individual products.

Yes, they are installed, but Disney can just remove the actual bottles until the feel it is safe to keep them...assuming they decide it’s not safe.

Don't forget hair dryers. I wonder if those are going to stay. I have a travel one that I really like that I plan to bring. I also plan to bring my electric kettle for tea and instant oatmeal. We are driving though.

I’ve spent the past 3 weekends in hotels in Florida. I can guarantee you we had coffee makers in the rooms. Now, that’s subject to change, of course.

Did any of the hotels do temp checks? I'm just curious if we will have somewhere after we get in late from driving, if we fail the temp check at our Universal hotel. We will need to rest before we return home, if we are sick.

Don't forget hair dryers. I wonder if those are going to stay. I have a travel one that I really like that I plan to bring. I also plan to bring my electric kettle for tea and instant oatmeal. We are driving though.

Did any of the hotels do temp checks? I'm just curious if we will have somewhere after we get in late from driving, if we fail the temp check at our Universal hotel. We will need to rest before we return home, if we are sick.
Omg I haven’t even thought of hairdryers o_O

I’m still smarting about the coffee thing! But they have a lot of bulk coffee pods sitting around too.

I was going to say the same thing, the only thing that has changed is they are not offering in room cleaning. I have to exchange the towels, get Extra TP at the desk. They gave me the big bottle of shampoo and told me i could trade it when its gone had me un screw the metal lid so i could keep that part. Self serve breakfast was canceled.
Honestly now things now are being lifted I think they are holding on to things as long as they can to keep the expenses down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter