Will in room amenities be removed?

hbentleylll

Mouseketeer
Wondering if in room coffee maker and the shampoo/body wash shower dispensers will be used in the reopening?
We are first week of Aug at CBR and was thinking maybe we should add these things to our packing list. I haven't heard about these items and wasn't sure if I missed it somewhere.

I would think we would probably start getting reports coming in when the DVC and Ft. W opens on June 22? I know they have slightly different amenities in many of the DVC units, but they could at least let us know if the coffee makers and bathroom amenities remain. This is such a good question! I think around June 22, I may head over to the DVC thread to see if we can get some info there!

I bet that they switch back to single use shampoo, body wash, and conditioner containers. And I wouldn't be surprised if coffee makers disappeared from rooms.

I was actually thinking of packing this! https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-m...XsIP09DdfX99b3OM6XBoC6AsQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Mickey Mouse 1-Cup Coffee Maker

I was making buying and packing lists and it popped in my head.....along with will they still take a picture with my phone. Random questions are the ones I keep thinking of.
On the Disney website - "new experiences" section, it mentions that cast members will not be taking pictures of guests with their own devices. Again, I cannot recall exactly where it was posted on Disney's site, but it was listed as a change in experience. Hope this helps!

I’ve stayed in hotels 4 times during this ... shut down.
Some stuff I’ve seen
- one hotel that normally did a basket of muffins, snacks, and water. Didn’t this time.
-another hotel still gave out goodies to us at check in (not sure if it was just based on tier)
-one hotel had the grab and go breakfast bags, but not the breakfast
-coffee maker and supplies have been in every room
-shampoos and soaps still there. Haven’t stayed at a place that does the big wall mounted stuff
-in retrospect, I didn’t notice any any glasses ?
-one place had the remotes in little baggies
-while pools were open, towels were only available at the front desk

I can't see Disney abandoning the use of now permanently installed dispensers. Aside from just the aesthetic, bulk products are ridiculously lesx expensive than individual, travel size bottles.

Here is the list of mandates for hotels from the Orange County Task Force.. Not sure if WDW would use all or some. Bold is mine

• Hotels
    • Guidelines:
      • Phase 1: Housekeeping services to be limited and allow for minimal guest and employee exposure
      • Phase 1: Promote, if available, mobile check-in
      • Phase 1: Housekeeping services only clean upon request, or when guests depart
      • Phase 1: Allow employees to work from home if not playing a critical role in serving guests
      • Phase 1: Only deliver room service to the guest’s door
      • Phase 1: Provide self-parking
      • Promote social distancing for all guests and staff
      • Recommended touchless sanitizer at entry
      • Increase cleaning services/additional sanitation services through cleaning companies
      • Phase 1 & 2: Staff who are 65+ are encouraged to stay home
    • Mandates:
      • All employees required to wear facemasks
      • Hand sanitizer at the entry to be in plain visible sight
      • Temperature checks for staff prior to shift (temp above 100.4 must not enter premises)
      • All employees with flu-like symptoms advised to stay home
      • Front desk to sanitize themselves on a regular basis
      • Consistent cleaning of all guest areas
      • Front desk to utilize sneeze-guards
      • Remove all service items in guest rooms to include glassware, coffee cups, etc.
      • Minibars not to be stocked
      • Do no offer self food services
      • Space pool furniture according to distancing guidelines
      • Pool gates and pool chairs to be sanitized regularly
      • Door handles, elevator button and railing to be sanitized regularly
      • Remove all coffee makers from guest rooms
      • Remove all guest collateral items, except for those that are single-use
      • Sanitize guest keys before and after each use
      • Sanitize bell carts after each use
      • Phase 1 & 2: No conferences

Here is the list of mandates for hotels from the Orange County Task Force.. Not sure if WDW would use all or some. Bold is mine

• Hotels
    • Guidelines:
      • Phase 1: Housekeeping services to be limited and allow for minimal guest and employee exposure
      • Phase 1: Promote, if available, mobile check-in
      • Phase 1: Housekeeping services only clean upon request, or when guests depart
      • Phase 1: Allow employees to work from home if not playing a critical role in serving guests
      • Phase 1: Only deliver room service to the guest’s door
      • Phase 1: Provide self-parking
      • Promote social distancing for all guests and staff
      • Recommended touchless sanitizer at entry
      • Increase cleaning services/additional sanitation services through cleaning companies
      • Phase 1 & 2: Staff who are 65+ are encouraged to stay home
    • Mandates:
      • All employees required to wear facemasks
      • Hand sanitizer at the entry to be in plain visible sight
      • Temperature checks for staff prior to shift (temp above 100.4 must not enter premises)
      • All employees with flu-like symptoms advised to stay home
      • Front desk to sanitize themselves on a regular basis
      • Consistent cleaning of all guest areas
      • Front desk to utilize sneeze-guards
      • Remove all service items in guest rooms to include glassware, coffee cups, etc.
      • Minibars not to be stocked
      • Do no offer self food services
      • Space pool furniture according to distancing guidelines
      • Pool gates and pool chairs to be sanitized regularly
      • Door handles, elevator button and railing to be sanitized regularly
      • Remove all coffee makers from guest rooms
      • Remove all guest collateral items, except for those that are single-use
      • Sanitize guest keys before and after each use
      • Sanitize bell carts after each use
      • Phase 1 & 2: No conferences

I want to add to that since DVC is considered a timeshare and involves ownership, some of the requirements for hotels may not apply.
So, we could see DVC rooms with coffee makers but hotel sides when opened not.
I do think once resorts open, DVC members may be able to get more specific info as to what will happen and report back!

While it may be possible virus is spread on hard surfaces, it's normally spread through droplets in air. CDC gave updated guidance on this.

Overkill to remove coffee-maker (especially the keurig), glasses, etc. Aren't the glasses washed? Are they removing tv remotes?
:confused3

Sure hope they have something set up to give a complimentary cup of coffee or two in the morning if they remove free coffee from the rooms.

While it may be possible virus is spread on hard surfaces, it's normally spread through droplets in air. CDC gave updated guidance on this.

Overkill to remove coffee-maker (especially the keurig), glasses, etc. Aren't the glasses washed? Are they removing tv remotes?
:confused3

Sure hope they have something set up to give a complimentary cup of coffee or two in the morning if they remove free coffee from the rooms.
I think it comes down to housekeeping having to disinfect everything between guests, very time consuming. I have found dirty coffee cups in my room. I was bringing my own mini Keurig before them being added to AKL rooms. I will start bring my own again along with coffee cups.

I think it comes down to housekeeping having to disinfect everything between guests, very time consuming. I have found dirty coffee cups in my room. I was bringing my own mini Keurig before them being added to AKL rooms. I will start bring my own again along with coffee cups.

You get new glasses every time a new guest comes to the room, we would get clean ones everyday if we used ours!
Overkill.
Takes no time at all to wipe down a Keurig. They should have been doing that before Covid...if you choose to bring your own because you were grossed out before all of this, totally get it.
But to remove it altogether due to Covid is a stretch and makes me think they will never bring it back.

remote?
phone?
hangers?

You get new glasses every time a new guest comes to the room, we would get clean ones everyday if we used ours!
Overkill.
Takes no time at all to wipe down a Keurig. They should have been doing that before Covid...if you choose to bring your own because you were grossed out before all of this, totally get it.
But to remove it altogether due to Covid is a stretch and makes me think they will never bring it back.
Overkill or not those are the mandates as set forth by Orange County. Those could change in the future.

Yes, those Cuisinart coffee pots were gross so I brought my own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!