Will I regret not having ADRs?

No. It was just myself and my husband and we found ADRs hard to get. I cancelled all of our ADRs except for Hoop-Dee-Doo and we were able to just walk up and get a reservation. ADRs for Art Smith's Homecomin showed 10:15 pm - we just walked up to the hostess and made a reservation for the next day for 5pm. The restaurants we ate at without ADRs: Art Smith's Homecomin, Frontera Cocina, Skipper Canteen, 50's Prime Time, and Via Napoli. It is very freeing not to be on a schedule.

I made 4 trips in 2018 and only had ADR for one of them! The rest of the time I ate CS and was quite content!

Only if you want to eat somewhere and can't get in. Otherwise there is usually day of availability at many places as long as you're flexible. Remember also that just because you are doing a sit down meal doesn't mean you need to order a huge meal. They have kids menus and you can usually ask the chef for something special for your dietary needs.

If you don't have ADRs, then flexibilty is the key. If you don't mind missing places you wanted to eat or eating at off times, them you often will be fine.

We like having a couple of table service meals also. But have found we can usually make the ADR the same day as we are dining. We may get a time that is off the more popular times for dining but it was so much nicer not having everything pre-planned.

Thank you everyone for your responses! I think I was hitting panic mode when I see all of the posts of ADRs and talking to my best friend who is a Disney expert. I have made one ADR for Teppen Edo. I have already been planning to pack some things to keep in the hotel or as snacks in the park if my stomach is acting up like granola bars, crackers, peanut butter, and oatmeal. My GI issues aren't really food specific, I just flare up from time to time. I really liked the suggestion of getting a kids meal or apps. I have been like a crazy woman looking at every menu to find some things and QS sound like they may be more greasy than the TS.

I would make a couple of ADRs and cancel 24 hours ahead if needed. We really like eating at the bars. Small plates and relaxed atmosphere is a plus. Oh ya. We like the libations too.

...... QS sound like they may be more greasy than the TS.
I just want to comment that this is not always true. If you are eating burgers, fries, etc at the QS places then yes, they can be traditional fast food type. However there are many great QS options and restaurants that are not like that at all. Satuli, Flame Tree BBQ, Sunshine Seasons, Katsura, Bongos, Les Halles Boulangerie are a few of our favourites.

DH And I had a grand total of one ADR on our September trip. It was the first time that we had done that and it was absolutely amazing. We realized that there was a lot of time taken up in the "normal" way we had always done ADR's and we had SSSOOOO much flexibility and general feeling of relaxation of not having time constraints. Plus we go for F&G and F&W and tend to graze the food booths. You will be there in May so F&G will be going on.

We have our next trip planned in May also, and I have one ADR for BOG. Oh, and I am gluten free so I totally understand the GI thing. I can find a lot of great things to eat in WDW without eating the traditional burger and fries, which also upset my stomach. That's not the normal way I eat at home either.

I think you should be okay. Granted, by skipping reservations, you take the risk of not getting in somewhere, but if you said you eat small meals throughout the day, perhaps you could wait til the dinner rush passes and try finding something for 7-8pm. Plus if it's just the 2 of you, you'll have more luck getting in last minute versus trying to squeeze 10 of you in somewhere with no warning. I have always wanted to try a disney trip with no reservations. Sometimes reservations can keep you from really enjoying any spontaneity because everything is so planned out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter