Will I go once, twice, not at all? Will I runDisney? A Fall '19 PTR(s)

It's a cold, rainy weekend here and it finally got me to sit down and start doing some serious planning for November. Although my TA hasn't been very responsive, the control freak in me doesn't mind having more control! Plus, I'm learning how to do all this planning for future trips :) I have a general itinerary of parks and dining each day and I've started making a list of what Fastpasses I'd like to get. I also got our ADR's made and I'm glad I didn't wait any longer because some days were difficult to get anything (thanks Galaxy's Edge!).

The current plan:

Oct. 31st-
Flight leaves around 7am and arrives around 11:30, take ME to POFQ to drop off bags
Take bus to Expo to pick up race bibs and merch
Go to dinner or a park? This day is a bit up in the air since I don't know how long everything will take. I have an ADR at Yak & Yeti this evening but we may opt to switch to something in Disney Springs instead. My friends are also staying at POR and have a car, so maybe something off site.

Nov. 1st-
5K for me in the morning
Head to Epcot for the afternoon
Early dinner at Garden Grill - lots of carbs but nothing too crazy for my sensitive stomach before another race

Nov. 2nd-
10K for me in the morning
Magic Kingdom in the afternoon
Dinner at Skipper Canteen- I've been here twice before and have really enjoyed the food and atmosphere

Nov. 3rd-
Half marathon for me in the morning
Hollywood Studios in the afternoon- a nice, small park lol!
Dinner at Mama Melrose- almost nothing left for ADR's at HS or along the Boardwalk. I've also been here before and had a decent experience
Stay for the Star Wars fireworks

Nov. 4th-
My Birthday!
Animal Kingdom for the day
Thinking about the Rhino tour as a birthday treat
Dinner at Tiffins- I've never been here and it would also be a birthday treat

Nov. 5th-
Magic Kingdom all day
Early dinner at Whispering Canyon- I haven't been here yet but I'd love to see WL and ADR's were hard to come by again for this day.
Back to MK to watch HEA

Nov. 6th-
Epcot all day
Dinner at San Angel- I know the reviews aren't great but I know my dad will get a kick out of the ambiance

Nov. 7th-
Either Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios in the morning. I wish I had a crystal ball to see how crazy HS will be after Galaxy's Edge opens!
Flight home departs around 6:30pm

I'm even more excited now that I have a plan in place!

Sorry to hear your TA isn't very helpful. Thank goodness you ended up having the night booked anyway.

Your plans sound great! We did the Rhino tour last year and I loved it. Definitely book it soon though- it's only 10 or 15 people and only 1 tour a day so it books up quick.

Only 54 days until trip #1!!
This summer is flying by a little too fast but with 2 Disney trips in the Fall, I don't mind as much as I normally do. Last Sunday, A, D, and I got together to do the final planning for our September trip. We made 3 matching tank tops each and they turned out super cute! We each did the same pattern on the same color shirt but with different color iron on's. We also planned our costumes for MNSSHP.
Ofyat9J.jpg
VTysIu1.jpg
Qv5y2vd.jpg

hQnaBvG.jpg

All our Fastpasses are also set but we still might adjust some of them. It was hard getting 3 good ones at Hollywood Studios! We also decided we are going to do the extra early extra super magic hours or whatever it's called to get into Galaxy's Edge at 6am! I didn't bring that up to A and D since neither of them are big Star Wars fans (but I am). They both want to do it just because it's new and I happily agreed. We also want to see Fantasmic and Happily Ever After, plus our dinner fireworks viewing of Illuminations at La Hacienda.

The new plan is:
Sept. 3rd,
Fly out at 6:55 am, arrive around 11:30, take MDE to Contemporary
Head to MK- FP's for Space Mtn., BTMRR, and Haunted Mansion
Chef Mickey's for dinner

Sept. 4th
Epcot- FP's for Soarin', Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land
Dinner at Teppan Edo

Sept. 5th
Hollywood Studios- FP's for Tower of Terror, Star Tours, and Beauty and the Beast
Lunch at Sci Fi
Possibly park hop

Sept. 6th
Animal Kingdom- FP's for Safari, Expedition Everest, FoP
Head to Epcot
La Hacienda for late dinner/Illuminations

Sept. 7th
Hollywood Studios- FP's for Indiana Jones, Slinky Dog, and Fantasmic
Disney Springs for dinner at Wolfgang Puck's with our aunt and uncle

Sept. 8th
Magic Kingdom- FP's for BTMRR, 7 Dwarfs, and Peter Pan
Lunch at BOG
Dinner at The Wave

Sept. 9th
Departure day :(
Magic Kingdom- FP's for Jungle Cruise, Pirates, and Space Mtn.

We'll probably park hop on a few of these days too!

Dinner at Tiffins- I've never been here and it would also be a birthday treat
Tiffins is fantastic. Great birthday treat. If it's not too late or time is wrong, get the ROL dining package. It includes appetizer, entree, drink and dessert + VIP seating for ROL. I could care less about the ROL (don't care for it), but the ROL package for what you get at Tiffins is a good value.

Either Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios in the morning. I wish I had a crystal ball to see how crazy HS will be after Galaxy's Edge opens!
Someone mentioned the other day SWGE in Disneyland has not been as popular/crowded as they (Disney) wanted. Obviously, the initial surge was, but I gather, based on the comment, it's not insane like it was. Ask Obi Wan Kenobi for help...since he is your only hope. ;)

We also planned our costumes for MNSSHP.
We didnt' do costumes for MNSSHP, but seeing some of the other folks with theirs was fun.

All our Fastpasses are also set but we still might adjust some of them. It was hard getting 3 good ones at Hollywood Studios!
I've heard they're going to make ToT and RnRC tier 1 as well, so it will get worse. :sad:

I didn't bring that up to A and D since neither of them are big Star Wars fans (but I am).
Kinda like me and my family. DW has no interest, DD some. I'll probably end up going with my brother who is as well (maybe SIL).

Tiffins is fantastic. Great birthday treat. If it's not too late or time is wrong, get the ROL dining package. It includes appetizer, entree, drink and dessert + VIP seating for ROL. I could care less about the ROL (don't care for it), but the ROL package for what you get at Tiffins is a good value.

Good idea! And done. Had to switch to a lunch vs. dinner but since we're doing the Rhino tour, we can grab lunch afterwards to cool off and then do our FP's in the afternoon.

Cute shirts! And your plans sound great :)

Thanks!

37 days until trip #1!! Other than packing, I think we are all set for the great girls trip. Our magicbands were delivered to my cousin this week and she surprised us by upgrading to the new patterned bands. Mine is the 2019 Fab Five band, she did the Disney transit for herself, and the Small World band for D.

I've also finally got my Wine and Dine trip set, my TA FINALLY called me this week (took 2 months) and it turns out he gave me incorrect information about my ticket plans and some other things so I wound up just buying regular tickets for myself instead of an annual pass as planned. I'm a little bummed but I think it will be for the best anyway. I'd have to do at least 7 days in April for the Rival Run weekend to break even on an AP now and since I think I'll be going solo, I won't be staying that long. At least we have tickets now and I've paid for everything for this year (and ouch, that hurt! lol). I'm also planning my Rival Run trip on my own, no TA, and so far it's going smoothly!

Glad your plans are set but annoying about the TA issue. TAs like that give us a bad name!

It's been a little stressful but I still don't regret using a TA, especially since I've never done runDisney before and getting help securing my bibs and getting my questions answered was great. However, I'm an analytical overplanner and I think my TA is more laid back and we just don't mesh well 😁

Wow, you've got a lot of Disney coming up! Good luck on your training and I applaud you for just committing and diving right in to the Run Disney events!

Sorry for the TA issues. I really like using a TA and it is nice to have someone you can pass some of the responsibility to when it comes to booking ADRs or sitting on hold with Disney, but it's got to be someone who is reachable and accountable. Waiting weeks for a reply often is too late with Disney!

Wow, you've got a lot of Disney coming up! Good luck on your training and I applaud you for just committing and diving right in to the Run Disney events!

Sorry for the TA issues. I really like using a TA and it is nice to have someone you can pass some of the responsibility to when it comes to booking ADRs or sitting on hold with Disney, but it's got to be someone who is reachable and accountable. Waiting weeks for a reply often is too late with Disney!

Thank you! I'm really looking forward to the events. I still think there are a lot of benefits to using a TA and if I ever have a more complicated trip again, I would certainly use one. My April trip *should* be pretty straightforward, especially if I go solo, so I'll probably just book everything myself.

I’m all caught up! Sounds like some really nice plans

To bad the TA isn’t the best

We are doing the Rhino tour in August, yay! I have heard it is really good.

It's the 10 day countdown! I really can't wait to get out of here but I'm also very behind on packing and prepping. I've had 2 super busy weeks at work and the dog training club I'm part of was invited to do demonstrations at the Minnesota State Fair each night, so we've had extra practices and now I have 4 nights of taking my dog to perform! It's been very fun and she performed better than I expected on opening night. I did finally pull out my suitcase and start adding outfits to it but I know there are still things I need to shop for, I need to get all my pets ready for my mom to come and stay with them, and my Fastpass day is coming up for my 2nd trip!
At least I have some packing helpers...

Go Away, Dorian!
We're currently set to fly down on Tuesday morning, Dorian is expected to hit on Monday right now. Really hoping I actually get to go on this vacation.
:sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts