Will Disney Soon Be Moving To Regular Capacity?

It's just so sad to me, especially the timing. I'm glad we got the few months in that we did I guess, but almost immediately upon following our dreams and moving here, we are being told "you are not wanted" and it really sucks to have my happy place turn on me so harshly and suddenly. It's just totally losing sight of the missing of Disney to push down the people who get the most out of it.

FWIW, I was in Animal Kingdom last week and it really looked like more than 50% capacity. I've been to Animal Kingdom something like 15-20 times in my life, so I at least have a vague notion of what busy looks like. I would peg it right about 70 %.

People had no issue booking their fast pass 60 days out which is basically picking your park.

We also had dining six months out. Of course I already knew what park was what day way back then - how else would I know where to book our dining? And I'll go one further - That stuff was pre-planned a year (or more) in advance when they announced the package we booked and we decided how many days worth of tickets we even needed to buy (which parks twice if any, split park time being 'worth it' on arrival day, etc.)

Disney also doesnt have the staff to increase capacity.
To piggyback on this, Chapek stated during last earnings call that 80% of CM are returning when called back. If this hold true, pre Covid WDW employed 77,000. This means that approx 15,400 CM are NOT returning. That will leave a considerable gap in needed CM if they want to open at full capacity.

Dead on and brilliantly elaborated.

The way he is taking advantage of covid is pretty astonishing and brazen. They are essentially using it as a reason and catalyst to end the entire AP program(confirmed in land and almost certainly WDW), end Magical Express, End fastpass as we knew it, I am going to even throw in parking fees and dining plan changes. I am wondering at what point this community has said they have had enough? But the sad truth is, they are going to fill the parks with or without us(enthusiasts). They know that, they have surveyed and gameplanned it. So essentially this is their shot and they are taking it. Time will tell if they are able to pull this off and come through unscathed.

there are people that will go no matter what. there is no question about that. They arent having an issue filling their parks up. But how many people on here have you seen say they've cut back on the number of times they go? You see it quite often here, there are so many people that arent going as much as they used to, simply because of the cost.

At some point, there will be a breaking point for Disney. Universal has an chance to have a say in that, but i have a feeling, they'll just continue to match disney's prices points.

It’s not like fast pass makes lines longer or shorter. It just shifts the same number of people around to other places.
right, instead of standing in line for an hour or two, i'm off riding other rides or shopping, while "virtually" waiting in line for the fast passed ride.

that is 80 percent of US emplyees. they are also bringing back the college program this summer but international programs havent opened up because their countries are still locked down. Disneyland can be opened 100 percent june 15th according to cali government as well as open to out of state guests. so I would thing wdw should be open 100 percent by october at least

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter