Will Disney let us reschedule our trip if I’m not better?

ChicagoJ

Mouseketeer
we leave in less than 2 weeks and I still feel horrid. Someone just told me they know people who had this violent coughing cold/virus and it lasted 2 months. I’m starting week 4. Did zpack, dr gave me 4 other Rx including inhaler, nasal spray, cough meds and nothing is working. The worst is I have ZERO energy or endurance. There is no way I’d be able to walk even from the monorail to the gate of MK at this point. Is there anyway they’d let us reschedule to spring? Dd will be heartbroken but this isn’t just a light cold where I could down some DayQuil and suck it up.

Or do you think we just run the risk of being sick at another time so might as well just stick with now.

Call and ask. You certainly can reschedule, but if you have a package you are past the cancellation with no fee point, but they may let you reschedule and waive the fee. I think I have read some people have luck getting the fee waived, but others have not. Hope you feel better soon. I am the type to suck it up and just go, but you could have so much more fun if you were not sick.

I had to reschedule a trip once due to a ruptured appendix. Disney was awesome about it and even refunded us Halloween party tickets. However, I did have to get documentation from my doctor.

Someone just told me they know people who had this violent coughing cold/virus and it lasted 2 months.

Me!! I seriously had the same thing this summer. I did the antibiotics, steroids, inhaler, nose spray, and decongestant. It felt like that cough lasted for months. It wasn't until week 6 that I didn't cough at night. That is why I felt so run down was because I wasn't sleeping because I was coughing all night. I drank a lot of juice, rubbed Vicks on myself at night, and lots of Tea (Traditional Medicinals has a Cold care tea that is amazing!). I also just suck things up. I worked the whole time I was sick. I think I went home early on a Friday before I went to the doctor but it was only 2 hours. You are the only one who can decide how you feel. As much as I love Disney, not sure I would risk my health for it.

Exposing others to your germs/sickness can often lead to other people getting what you have. Yes, I'm one of those people! While I understand the money situation, I'd feel terrible if I got someone else sick. It's just money, but your health is more important. BTW, I'm immunosuppressed, so I'm also at the mercy of the rest of the world when it comes to staying healthy. I do my best to avoid people whom I see/think/feel are sick like the plague. Don't be one of those people. Is it fair to get someone else sick - one who can't fight off an illness as quickly as most? Just a thought.....

Had the flu with bronchitis the beginning of this year and the cough was horrible. Tessalons and zpack via prescription from doctor was what saved me. Those little small tessalons were like gold heaven for the cough. And Airbourne over the counter helps boost my energy when I feel an illness coming on.

This was a number of years ago, but one of my kids woke up with chicken pox the day of our trip to WDW. They were great and refunded everything. But this was about 20 years ago. Then again, they don't want a very contagious virus going around their parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!