will covid restore wdw cleanliness?

firemanx

DIS Veteran
Been going to WDW sice i was born & for the longest time disney was the only public restrooom I would use, but my last couple trips I was leery as bathrooms resembled the cleanliness of a turnpike reststop! So with OCC reopening guideslines for parks will this be WDW saving grace to revert to cleanliness of the old days?

I want to add my 2 trips last year were went the parks were very busy--over the 4th of July, and for the opening of Star Wars. I never hit a bathroom that was dirty, and mostly there was a CM actively cleaning when I was in them. Maybe I was just lucky, or maybe having a large cleaning crew is the norm.

Been going to WDW sice i was born & for the longest time disney was the only public restrooom I would use, but my last couple trips I was leery as bathrooms resembled the cleanliness of a turnpike reststop! So with OCC reopening guideslines for parks will this be WDW saving grace to revert to cleanliness of the old days?
There are definitely some bathrooms at WDW that have seen a decline in their cleanliness over the past few years. I'm hoping this helps them get back to the cleanliness standards that they used to have!

I have been going since the early 80s and have no problems with the bathrooms or the employees doing their best to keep them clean. The guests, however, are a different story. I've gone in a stall right after someone and there be toilet paper all over the floor. Not the person cleaning the bathrooms fault since they were in the process of cleaning other stalls, just the nasty person before me who for some reason thought it was o.k. to throw toilet paper on the floor. The parks are more crowded now and I imagine it's a never ending fight to clean them. My son and I always pick anything up we see laying around, be it in a parking lot or the parks (we do that locally as well). You can walk down Main Street at the Magic Kingdom and watch people standing a few feet away from a trash can just throw stuff down in the street. I think the mindset of people have changed through the years, there are more people who think because there is someone meant to clean up after them they can just be dirty.

I have been going since the early 80s and have no problems with the bathrooms or the employees doing their best to keep them clean. The guests, however, are a different story. I've gone in a stall right after someone and there be toilet paper all over the floor. Not the person cleaning the bathrooms fault since they were in the process of cleaning other stalls, just the nasty person before me who for some reason thought it was o.k. to throw toilet paper on the floor. The parks are more crowded now and I imagine it's a never ending fight to clean them. My son and I always pick anything up we see laying around, be it in a parking lot or the parks (we do that locally as well). You can walk down Main Street at the Magic Kingdom and watch people standing a few feet away from a trash can just throw stuff down in the street. I think the mindset of people have changed through the years, there are more people who think because there is someone meant to clean up after them they can just be dirty.
maybe it's not all disney's fault,but maybe this will help guest be more hygenic!

Eh, I am skeptical.
Women who are hovers and leave their mess all over the seat and floor in the bathroom will likely be even more freaked out by germs and leave their mess over by the door!
Only so much the CMs can keep up with when women choose to use the bathroom like they live in a barn.

It’s really hard to keep a place clean with the huge crowds at WDW. I think with reduced crowds it will be easier to keep clean. My worry is will they have enough revenue to keep the rides maintained. During the last recession there were a lot of articles and blog posts about poorly maintained rides.

While I've not had any issues with grossly dirty bathrooms at WDW (I almost always see a CM in them tidying up), I will say that Covid has restored cleanliness to the Target bathrooms. So...

Nearly every time I go into a bathroom at WDW, there is a CM in there cleaning or at least getting ready to and things normally seem good. The exception to this seems to be Epcot on a busy night with the high traffic once people get to drinking. I am sure that there will be some pretty big steps taken to keep not just bathrooms, but everything more sanitary than what we are used to seeing. Everyone visiting just also has to do their part.

I agree with so many comments here! I just wanted to share a bathroom story: I remember a time I was waiting in line at the Cheshire Café restrooms. I was inside the actual bathroom where I could see all the stalls. There was an Asian lady & her daughter - just went to a stall & left the door open the whole time! No care in the world. Dropped trau, mother went first. Her daughter (young, maybe 3 or 4) just played while the mother hovered. Then the daughter went. They never shut the door. I thought it was the strangest thing ever. I’ve never seen that before. I tried not to stare & be respectful & give them privacy - but it was hard!

While I've not had any issues with grossly dirty bathrooms at WDW (I almost always see a CM in them tidying up), I will say that Covid has restored cleanliness to the Target bathrooms. So...
I haven't been in a target in months, but they always have the nastiest bathrooms! I'm glad to hear they are finally cleaning them.

Honestly, I think people have gotten messier.

I think the custodial CMs do a great job. They’ll clean a bathroom and minutes later, people are tossing towels that miss the garbage, not flushing the toilet, making a mess and not cleaning it up.

On our February trip, custodial was keeping up with the mess very well. Saw many cleanings in progress. Sadly, many guests are inconsiderate and disrespectful and don’t take personal responsibility. I don’t think custodial has gotten worse over time ... the behavior of guests has.

I do think they will be in there disinfecting more, but my goodness, people ... tidy up after yourselves!

I have been going for almost 30 years and I have had bladder issues for almost 20. I know where ALL of the bathrooms are and have used them a LOT, I average around once every 40 minutes. I can honestly say that, for the amount of people that use them, WDW bathrooms are extremely clean. You may occasionally get one where someone is a pig and they just have not got to it yet, but for the most part, I have not seen what a few people on here complain about, the bathrooms being dirty. My last trip was in Feb, btw.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter