Will CCV ever allow for a 25 pt add-on?

iheartglaciers

DIS Veteran
Do you think DVC will ever allow for a 25pt add-on at CCV? I was wondering why they allow it for Poly, but not CCV. Or maybe all new resorts going forward will have a minimum 50pt add-on for existing members?

25 point add-ons are a thing of the past. We can expect a 50 point minimum for all new resorts.

:earsboy: Bill

25 point add ons at non-home resorts would not be beneficial for Disney or other owners. It means that at most you can spend 75 points at that resort using the 11 month window. That ties up only a few days, which are most likely valuable to other owners, and increases the room turnover and cleaning costs.
If you already own at a resort, I would imagine DVC could be flexible and allow you to add on a few more points there, but I agree that 25 point add ons at non-home resorts are going away.

I think they’ll allow it, and maybe already do, for people who own larger contracts at CCV. I think the 50-point restriction is here to stay for CCV and all new resorts going forward.

I was thinking of buying 100pt Poly resale and adding 25pt direct, but I do love WL. So was wondering after my BCV resale closes if I could consider adding 25pt direct at CCV and adding more points through resale a couple years from now. But I may as well just buy 50pts and have more flexibility.

I would buy at CCV in a heartbeat if I didn't think it will become impossible to get a studio in Dec. I just don't want the stress of getting shut out of my home resort at 11 months :P

25 point add ons at non-home resorts would not be beneficial for Disney or other owners. It means that at most you can spend 75 points at that resort using the 11 month window. That ties up only a few days, which are most likely valuable to other owners, and increases the room turnover and cleaning costs.
If you already own at a resort, I would imagine DVC could be flexible and allow you to add on a few more points there, but I agree that 25 point add ons at non-home resorts are going away.

I've said this same thing in a previous thread. The point costs for studios are only going up. This makes 25 points more useless when used by itself. On property resorts are going to sell out in time no matter what... might as well raise the minimum to 50 so you get bigger fish and less people hit and running with small 25 point contracts.

25 point add-ons are a thing of the past. We can expect a 50 point minimum for all new resorts.

:earsboy: Bill

What I don't get it that they decided to allow new contracts for 50 points at resorts a few years ago - brand new members. Now, if a current member needs a few more points? Gotta buy just like a brand new member. :sad2:

I've said this same thing in a previous thread. The point costs for studios are only going up. This makes 25 points more useless when used by itself. On property resorts are going to sell out in time no matter what... might as well raise the minimum to 50 so you get bigger fish and less people hit and running with small 25 point contracts.

They went down for CCV though to match up with BRV.

Was thinking about trying to do this if my OKW contract goes through. Maybe at HH, but if it goes up to a 50 point minimum I'll pass.

We added 50 at ccv today. We were going to just add 25 OKW but decided to go for a second home resort. We can rotate between the two or gives us some more options at 7 months that we wouldn't have with just 25 add on.

We added 50 at ccv today. We were going to just add 25 OKW but decided to go for a second home resort. We can rotate between the two or gives us some more options at 7 months that we wouldn't have with just 25 add on.
how much pp for CCV?

Was thinking about trying to do this if my OKW contract goes through. Maybe at HH, but if it goes up to a 50 point minimum I'll pass.
HHI still offer studios starting at a mere 6 points per night. You could stay for 4 nights with a 25 point contract so that is still something that is completely doable. Most of the other resorts cannot offer more than 2 nights with a 25 point contract so I can see why a higher minimum is reasonable.

HHI still offer studios starting at a mere 6 points per night. You could stay for 4 nights with a 25 point contract so that is still something that is completely doable. Most of the other resorts cannot offer more than 2 nights with a 25 point contract so I can see why a higher minimum is reasonable.
Believe me, two to three nights will be the most I will want to stay. We did a 3-night stay last year and that was plenty. We live much closer to it than Orlando, so even a 2 night/3 day stay would be plenty.

Do you think DVC will ever allow for a 25pt add-on at CCV? I was wondering why they allow it for Poly, but not CCV. Or maybe all new resorts going forward will have a minimum 50pt add-on for existing members?
I doubt they ever will other than specialty situations, I think there's a good chance they'll go away in general. I don't feel that buying 50 pts at CCV for one who must own there is a bad plan, esp for one who "needs" to buy a 25 pt retail contract for the perks anyway, at least given the level resale prices are currently.

I doubt they ever will other than specialty situations, I think there's a good chance they'll go away in general. I don't feel that buying 50 pts at CCV for one who must own there is a bad plan, esp for one who "needs" to buy a 25 pt retail contract for the perks anyway, at least given the level resale prices are currently.

We bought 55 last week at ccv as an add-on. We already had all our 2018 trips booked from our OKW points. I was able to immediately bank the 17 points and rented 107 of the 110 17 and 18 points points within an hour of listing them helping me cover some of the initial purchase. Going to use the three left over to change a one night stay in sept to different resort at 7 months, hopefully. Plan to bank the 2019 points for a trip in 2020. I know some will disagree but with renting them out, in my mind it brings the total down to $154 a point with dues included for 17 and 18. not including the dues it comes to $146. I know others will view it differently but since I couldn't use the 17 or 18 points it made sense to me.

We bought 55 last week at ccv as an add-on. We already had all our 2018 trips booked from our OKW points. I was able to immediately bank the 17 points and rented 107 of the 110 17 and 18 points points within an hour of listing them helping me cover some of the initial purchase. Going to use the three left over to change a one night stay in sept to different resort at 7 months, hopefully. Plan to bank the 2019 points for a trip in 2020. I know some will disagree but with renting them out, in my mind it brings the total down to $154 a point with dues included for 17 and 18. not including the dues it comes to $146. I know others will view it differently but since I couldn't use the 17 or 18 points it made sense to me.
It does reduce the total after dues but such is the same for resale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter