Will be staying at Disney Californian For 7 nights...

dis2cruise

Long Island, NY
Would like to visit Disney parks for 3 of those days. We are a family of 4/our kids are 19 and 21 . We would love to visit other areas in the California region or wouldn't mind driving to another state to see a state park or something like that. My dh did mention about taking a road trip heading to the south looking at the ocean views. The problem is we will be visiting In early January so we don't know which state parks are open or not during that time of the year. Btw...after our 7 night stay at disney we head over to vegas for 3 nights so if we can incorperate an attraction on the way there that would be great too! Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated since this is the 1st time in our life's that we will be visiting California!

I think a drive to San Diego would be nice, with a stop at the San Juan Capistrano Mission (California history) on the way. You might get rainy weather and you might get one of our Sta. Ana wind days, where it can get to 90 degrees. There is also Los Angeles, which is nice to visit. You have Olvera Street (birthplace of Los Angeles), Hollywood area, Farmers Market, and Santa Monica Pier - all that can be seen in one day. We also have a nice observatory - Griffith Park Observatory.

As for state parks, we have the local mountains that are nice, Julien and Anza Borrego - different, but nice to visit in a day.

If you want to see the Pacific Ocean you can drive to Huntington Beach. It is about a 45 min. drive from DL to the West (at least it was on our trip.) You can see the Pacific grab a meal then go back to DL. You can walk the beach weather permitting.
San Diego is great too. If you have the extra time I suggest driving down to see the Zoo or drive over to Coronado to check out the HotelDel (where you can also check out the Pacific)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter