Will be in the TDL parks in 6 days...touring recommendations?

Mickey Fliers

DIS Veteran
We will be in the parks next week for three days and I am completely stumped with touring strategies. The days shouldn't be terribly busy according to crowd calendars, but it is always good to have a plan. What is our "must do" in each park? We will arrive before opening.

Thanks for any help.

Next week shouldn't be so bad because kids are back in school. The first few weeks are half days for many students though so it may pick up in the afternoons. What are you interested in seeing and doing? Also I sent you a private message, you may have a nice surprise if you go to TDL next week!

Next week shouldn't be so bad because kids are back in school. The first few weeks are half days for many students though so it may pick up in the afternoons. What are you interested in seeing and doing? Also I sent you a private message, you may have a nice surprise if you go to TDL next week!

Hoping for lower crowds. My DD goes to Japanese school and they will have started back. I did find some crowd calendars that indicated lower attendance.

I guess what I am looking for are those "must do at park opening before crowds get heavy" attractions. We have three day passes so we should be able to see a lot. We palm to be there before opening but as I have learned, traditional American thinking doesn't necessarily translate. Haha.

Ay restaurants that are a must? Show tips?

Thanks. So excited.

Splash Mountain always has the longest line in TDL, if you want to do that, make it a priority! In TDS, I would say focus your attention on Mysterious Island. Journey to the Center of the Earth tends to be one of the more popular rides in the park, IME, and it's fairly unique - similar to Test Track at Epcot. Raging Spirits over in the Lost River Delta is pretty cool too, but it's fairly tame...yes, it's a roller coaster, but it's kind of slow despite the loop!

The restaurants have never seemed that special to me. One of these days I mean to go to Vulcania in TDS. I did go to the Teddy Roosevelt Lounge once, that was fun, mainly because of the theming. If you can manage it, try it out, it's fun to dine on the ship. The restaurants at TDL are about what you're used to from the US parks, with the addition of udon and so forth. :)

For TDL it's good to get a FP for Monsters and go straight to Pooh to ride it before FP kicks in. Then I would get a FP for Splash. Must do's are the parade if it's running, Pooh, Monsters. Tiki room is also unique to that park and has an English assistance device. Canoeing is also nice at this time of year. For restaurants Blue Bayou has a nice atmosphere and Grandma Sarah's has great theming and is more casual.

At TDS because two shows are happening in American Waterfront the FP's run out there first. Start with Toy Story FP ride Tower and get FP for Journey. Everything pretty much is a must do at this park! I really recommend Big Band Beat!, you show go to the first showing so you do not have to worry about the lottery but if you don't want to wait in line give the lottery a try first. I really like the wine cellar room at Magellan's lounge but it's a little pricy and if you choose to do this you should make a priority seating reservation in the morning. For something more casual Ristorante Di Canaletto is good Teddy Roosevelt Lounge is nice to take a cocktail or coffee break and has great theming. If possible you should catch Easter in NY in the evening rather than the day time, Welcome to Spring and Springtime Surprise are also really cute but all in Japanese so you may want to check the English description on the website if your Japanese is not so strong.

Hope this helps a little, I think the crowds should be pretty manageable!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter