~ Will Be In Georgia Need Advise ~

tinkcollector

DIS Veteran
Hey Friends. Going to be in Columbus, GA soon. Spending a day in Atlanta, then a few in Columbus. Any recommendations on eatery’s? We don’t really want to dress for dinner. Business casual would be okay, but casual even better it’s a fast trip to see our Son who will be on a very short leave (Army). However, we will be there a day on either side of our visit. Any suggestions on where to eat, sights to see would be extremely appreciated. :tink:

I have been taking a look here for there is wonderful information abound. I especially like how tasty Trader Vic's reads to be, it is located at the Atlanta Hilton their menu is mouthwatering to say the least. Perhaps you and your family might be interested in dining there one evening? If you do, order the crispy calamari that is served with wasabi mayonnaise for me please.
I hope that you and your family have a wonderful time in the beautiful City of Atlanta, it is a city that is rich in history, tradition, beauty and culture. I have not been as of yet, but.. am looking forward to visiting one day soon.

~~ I love you Phil and you will forever be with me! Forever my very best and most special friend! I love you to no end. ~~

Okay as a disclaimer, I have no idea how authentic vs. how touristy this restaurant is but when DM and I went to Atlanta for the Girl Scouts National Convention years back, we went to PittyPat's Porch. The name is from Gone with the Wind after Scarlet's Aunt PittyPat. We really enjoyed the food and the environment. From what I understand, its traditional Southern food (again not sure how authentic vs. touristy it really is) but it is really good and was a great meal. Here is the website http://www.pittypatsrestaurant.com/ We didn't dress up; just wore our uniforms from the day's activities. Don't remember any other restaurants from that trip, so I suppose it made an impression. :lmao: HTH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter