Will Avis honor Internet printout quote ?

mark & sandra

DIS Veteran
Just booked @ Avis using rate code (USA), got from these boards, and AWD # (K163324),got from mousesavers.I called direct for a full sized 5/23-5/28 +4 hrs. , and was quoted 333.94 . I then went online using AWD# and got price of 243.69. I added rate code (USA) and got price of 207.62. I made reservation online, received conf. # and price (207.62). When I went back to view my ressie using conf. # the rate was higher then my printout ( same conf. # ).When I called Avis to inquire about the difference, the agent couldn't help me and told me to call customer service tomorrow. Now the question, Does anyone know if Avis will/ or has honored similar problems? Is my printout with lower price enough to guarantee me the better rate? Thanks for any input.

No, the reservations print out from the internet doesn't guarantee the rate. We found this out first hand using the same code. If really depends on whether the manager at each location (airport) will honor it. They may honor the rate, but don't be suprised if they don't. Not sure what the issue is, but they don't have the code or rate in their computer system and it doesn't show up when you arrive to pick up your car. I coundn't get a straight answer from anyone at Avis either.

RobinLyn:)

I had a similar problem using an Avis code that I wasn't totally sure of for a trip last month. I found the code (on the Avis website i believe) and entered it to make a reservation. The rate was much (MUCH) lower than the rates that i had gotten prior, even from other rental agencies.
I went back and read the code rules and saw that it would expire before our trip. I called the main customer service number and asked about using the code and was told that "it should be fine". I wanted to hear that "it would be fine" or "it won't be fine". Avis did accept the code on the computer system, so I figured that something must be messed up.
I decided to call the the Avis agency in West palm Beach which is the one that we would be using. I spoke to a man and wrote his name , date, time of call on the confirmation printout. He pulled up our reservation and told me that he has our reservation but there was no price quote on it. I asked him if i would have any trouble getting the car for the amount stated on my confirmation page when we arrived to pick up our car. He said "as long as you have a confirmation that shows a price we will honor it". We had no trouble and were offered an upgrade to a SUV for a few dollars more ($15. for the week).
Hope it helps....I would try to get a straight answer to avoid any hassle, no one needs that.

Thanks for your answers. I just got off phone with customer service, 2X, and received 2 different responses. First service rep. told me to fax my conf. copy to them. When I didn't get any reply after 2 hours, I called back, of course getting a different rep. , who told me that Avis " should " honor my conf. printout with lower price. Just to be safe I also booked at Dollar for 30.00 more. Better safe...
If I get any other info, I'll repost. Hope it can help someone else with a similar problem.

When is your trip? I too have booked Avis with the same code from Mousesavers.com. Got an amazing rate of $110/wk for an economy for April 27-May 3. Since this is my first time messing with these discount codes, I am quite paranoid as to what I'll find when we get to the desk. I too am hoping my printout will stand as a guarantee for my rate. I have called to confirm my reservation and rate twice, once to the main 800 number and once to MCO Avis Desk. Both confirmed my great rate, so HOPEFULLY all will be fine. I also have made a backup reservation with Interamerican for ($103/week for an economy) just in case but would rather go with Avis since they are right at the airport. So hopefully we will all have positive experiences with Avis. Keep us posted on how it all works out.

Pug Mom,

If you got Avis at MCO to comfirm your reservation with your online rate, that's great!! Did they tell you the "rate" showed up in their computer system? What code did you use and did you use an AWD number? I had trouble using this rate code at the airport in Virginia and some trouble in Atlanta Georiga, but Atlanta finally let us have our printed out online rate.

I got the code off Mousesavers.com. It is AWD code # K163324. I believe it is a group rate from the Florida Space Coast website. Yes, MCO read the rate to me right off their computer and all seems OK. I just hope I don't get screwed when I get there (I don't trust these car rental companies). You may have had trupble using this code since you weren't in Florida. By the way, where in South Jersey are you from? I am originally from Hammonton NJ, (between Philly and AC)...now I live in PA. Always good to see some fellow south jerseyites around!

I live in Turnersville now (Washington Township), but grew up in Berlin, NJ. We were definitely neighbors Pug Mom!! What's even funnier is that in 1994-1996, we moved from Turnersville to Pittsburgh (North Hills, near Ross Park Mall) for 2 years because of a job promotion my DH took. I know Harrisburgh isn't Pittsburgh but sure is darn close. My DH and I are in are early 40's and have two sons. As Walt Disney put it, "It's a small world".

I don't think you will have any problems with you car rental at Avis, you seem to have covered all basis which is very smart. Have a Great time!!

I rented an economy car (Chevy Cavalier 4-DR) from Avis 03/13-03/21 and used the AWD# K163324. The rate was $110/week, which was much better than the rate that I was getting w/o the code and with other codes ($260+). I confirmed the rate by phone a few days prior to arriving. I had no problems when I picked the car up and the rate was just what I booked over the Internet and confirmed prior to my trip. I hope this helps...

Mike

I wouldn't use ANY code unless you can pull up and print out the exact source of the code from either the internet or an offline source. Some of these codes are for targeted areas or have blackout dates, etc. in which case they do not have to honor them.

I agree that any code should be verified as to where and what the promotion the code is used with. The K163324 code with Avis is from the Florida Space Coast Tourist Information site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter