Will Aug bring Canadian discounts?

ericar

Mouseketeer
Last year we got Canadian Resident park ticket discounts at the end of Aug. Do you think we will have the same this year? Anyone know
anything yet?

What I'm interested to know is if the Canadian Resident offer has been an annual thing or not. Last years ticket offers are good to the end of this year so there is really no need for Disney to offer another deal for 2019. I'm not sure what has happened in the past and if it has been offered every year regardless.

It's hard to predict but with SWGE I would think they wouldn't offer a ticket deal; but, they did offer room discounts and a free dining package so you never know.

Undercover tourist has a deal that expires Friday that gives an extra $20 off per ticket if you buy another Orlando attraction ticket. We are going in January to both WDW and US so need both tickets. With the extra discount WDW tickets through UC are about $300 cheaper than buying them straight from Disney.

The previous two years they were released in November, so it's up in the air. The exchange is still pretty poor and park attendance was down, so here's hoping!

I know that Disneyland hotels overall have been way more vacant than was expected. There's a lot of pressure being put on Disney by Anaheim hotels to bring in more "non-local" crowds. IMO, it's very likely that there will be another Canadian discount in SoCal again this year...especially before ROTR is set to open.

I have no idea about Disney World though. From what I've heard, attendance has been about as expected even without SWGE being open. Here's to hoping though!

And @youngdeb12, last year the Canadian discounted tickets were released Aug. 29th. The last three years they've been released in and around the labour day weekend.

I know that Disneyland hotels overall have been way more vacant than was expected. There's a lot of pressure being put on Disney by Anaheim hotels to bring in more "non-local" crowds. IMO, it's very likely that there will be another Canadian discount in SoCal again this year...especially before ROTR is set to open.

I have no idea about Disney World though. From what I've heard, attendance has been about as expected even without SWGE being open. Here's to hoping though!

And @youngdeb12, last year the Canadian discounted tickets were released Aug. 29th. The last three years they've been released in and around the labour day weekend.

I must just remember the 2017 tickets. They were released November 1st. You are correct in 2018 being released earlier. I'm hoping the same happens this year.

Last year's discount was approximately 20% on an 8 day ticket. I'm not sure what the 300 discount from UT amounts to but you can use that as a benchmark.
They've offered a bounceback and SWGE is opening so I am hoping that is some indication that they are not doing away with the Canadian resident tickets but that's just a hope .

last year the Canadian discounted tickets were released Aug. 29th. The last three years they've been released in and around the labour day weekend.

Is this usually for all of the year? Are there restrictions/blackouts?
We’ve got our room book for the marathon week in January and just deciding whether we wait and see if discounted tickets become available or not. Definitely need them before the first week of November so we can book our fast passes!!

Is this usually for all of the year? Are there restrictions/blackouts?
We’ve got our room book for the marathon week in January and just deciding whether we wait and see if discounted tickets become available or not. Definitely need them before the first week of November so we can book our fast passes!!

The eligibility dates have been all over the place. This past year they were different for WDW and DLR as each had different opening schedules for SWGE. Years past they expired at the end of the (following) calendar year.

If they're not available by the first week of November, I think it's a pretty good bet that they won't be available for your trip.

@C.beara, the blockout dates have been just between Christmas and New Year's so the Marathon Weekend the following week should be fine. Of course anything and everything may change.

And we can hope that the American economy continues to go into a recession. That will hopefully persuade them to offer discounted tickets.

What happens if you've already paid your trip off in full in a discount comes out? Will they apply the discount and refund the money?

I’m assuming if it’s still within cancellation you could cancel and rebook? I did that the last time

What happens if you've already paid your trip off in full in a discount comes out? Will they apply the discount and refund the money?

Look at the other thread. The discount through Expedia.ca is better than the CDN ticket one.

Look at the other thread. The discount through Expedia.ca is better than the CDN ticket one.
Not necessarily. If you have to book a flex ticket via expedia (if your specific dates arent available yet) then it isnt that great. My math is in that thread for reference.

Not necessarily. If you have to book a flex ticket via expedia (if your specific dates arent available yet) then it isnt that great. My math is in that thread for reference.

It depends on what you are buying I guess. When I compared what 6 day flex tickets would cost to what it would cosf me for tickets for my dates, if Disney gave a 20% discount, once I converted to Canadian, it was right around the same price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!