Will a walkway be maintained from the Disneyland Hotel to Downtown Disney during construction?

Well now I'm being held in suspense! Open to the what?!

Oh my goodness. It has been a long day for me and my chubby fingers do not like this crowded keyboard. What I was saying before my chubby fingers hit something I am not sure of, was, If they open the GCH to the other DL hotels, the guests at the Grand might complain about it, so much so, to ask for rate cuts, etc.

All I know is, construction of a new build (hotel) runs at least one and a half times longer than projected, minimum. Then, you factor in weather, getting subcontractors there to do the work, getting inspectors to inspect the work, and so on.

Oh my goodness. It has been a long day for me and my chubby fingers do not like this crowded keyboard. What I was saying before my chubby fingers hit something I am not sure of, was, If they open the GCH to the other DL hotels, the guests at the Grand might complain about it, so much so, to ask for rate cuts, etc.
Lol I hear ya! Yeah, shuffling guests thru GCH is an option but I'm not sold on it after being there the week before Xmas. I experienced security lines down past the convention center and a bit later the line was all the way into the lobby- and that was JUST gch guests. I don't think they can increase capacity enough to make it work. Not that capacity or security concerns would stop them from trying but it's definitely not the best of ideas...

Lol I hear ya! Yeah, shuffling guests thru GCH is an option but I'm not sold on it after being there the week before Xmas. I experienced security lines down past the convention center and a bit later the line was all the way into the lobby- and that was JUST gch guests. I don't think they can increase capacity enough to make it work. Not that capacity or security concerns would stop them from trying but it's definitely not the best of ideas...

I agree. I do think Disney will try and do the least amount that they can do until public and/or OSHA starts screaming and perhaps fines. You know, oh, sorry, can't do anything, we told you we were under construction. Complain more, then, well, here is a fastpass. Complain more, welll, that is all I can do for you. Ask for manager, well, we can give you one meal. You get the idea.

Thank you to everyone for your input/opinions. After listening to the most recent Disunplugged Disneyland Edition podcast, staying at the Disneyland Hotel will be just too much of a hassle ...and staying at GCH is out of way out of our budget. Booked another visit to Disneyworld instead.

Thank you to everyone for your input/opinions. After listening to the most recent Disunplugged Disneyland Edition podcast, staying at the Disneyland Hotel will be just too much of a hassle ...and staying at GCH is out of way out of our budget. Booked another visit to Disneyworld instead.
Bummer, not even close to a fair change.

Jack

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter