Will 7:25 Crystal Palace Dinner cut into alot of MVMCP?

Spoiledtcangel

Earning My Ears
So after days and nights of searching I was finally able to get a dinner reservation at one of the main MK places at 7:25. Will this make us miss a lot of the things happening for the party? My main worry is where I read Elsa transforms MK but if I'm right they do this 2xs per night but not sure what times or how long dinner at TCP will take.

I personally wouldn't do a reservation after the party start time but it depends on what you want to get done. We like to get in line for one of the more popular character sets before the party even begins. If the times remain the same as last year for the castle lighting, you could catch that at 6:30, before your dinner.

Keep in mind, Crystal Palace can be one of the character meals and may take over an hour. My advice would be to keep checking back in for an earlier dinner reservation, that way, you're not missing out on any of the unique party offerings.

We did the halloween party, we ate at 3 PM, we were there at 4 PM to start the early meets (some start at 5 PM so the line was starting at 4 PM) and never stopped running until 11 PM. We barely had time to view the shows and entertainement, we met only half of the special characters, and we did a little bit of trick or treat. The hub was packed since all the entertainment was there. We only did Haunted Mansions, no other rides. Unless you know you will probably do that party more then once in your life, I would not waste costly party time on a meal. We only ate snacks as we were enjoying the entertainment.

I personally wouldn't do a reservation after the party start time but it depends on what you want to get done. We like to get in line for one of the more popular character sets before the party even begins. If the times remain the same as last year for the castle lighting, you could catch that at 6:30, before your dinner.

Keep in mind, Crystal Palace can be one of the character meals and may take over an hour. My advice would be to keep checking back in for an earlier dinner reservation, that way, you're not missing out on any of the unique party offerings.

Thanks yes I am still searching for earlier times my preferred go to was lunchtime, however I grabbed the first one I seen become available at either BOG, TCP or CRT, needed to make sure at least one was reserved if nothing else popped up, I'm still on the hunt though heck I been sleeping with my laptop LoL, when booking I never knew it was this hard to get reservations and booked only 4.5 months out so everything was booked solid but I managed some good ones so far for different days (TCP, Akershus, Fantsamic H&V) .

I'm sure something will open up for you. We've had luck getting BOG a few times checking 24 hours out.

Thanks yes I am still searching for earlier times my preferred go to was lunchtime, however I grabbed the first one I seen become available at either BOG, TCP or CRT, needed to make sure at least one was reserved if nothing else popped up, I'm still on the hunt though heck I been sleeping with my laptop LoL, when booking I never knew it was this hard to get reservations and booked only 4.5 months out so everything was booked solid but I managed some good ones so far for different days (TCP, Akershus, Fantsamic H&V) .

I'm 3 days out and pretty much everything I wanted has opened up last week or this week at a time close to my ideal prefered time. Try more often when closer to your trip. And lunch ressies seems easier then dinner to me.

If you can't get any of those, we ate at one of the resort counter service restaurant and it was pretty good. Pecos Bill tall Inn and Columbia Harbor House are also two excellent CS at MK too.

You could also try to eat at a resort around 2PM (Chef Mickey or a CS)

Yes being nosy I checked 2-3 days out from today etc. and lots are opened! I would just feel good not having to worry so I'm continuously checking I was also lucky enough that touring reservation finder just texted me that Chef Mickeys Opened on the day I wanted it and was able to snag it :) So I'm literally almost set!! My mom however thought I was a crazy person running to my laptop Lmao

This is what I have Planned out so far! I don't think I'm doing to shabby considering I booked way after my 180 day window LoL

11/27 Later arrival no park Chef Mickeys 6:45
11/28 Magic Kingdom Day w/MVMCP TCP 7:25 (would like very early Breakfast at one of the other 2 and to make this one earlier)
11/29 Epcot Day 9am Garden Grill & 6:55 Akershus
11/30 Hollywood Studios Day 1:55 Fantasmic package Hollywood and Vine (reserved for 2 need for 3)
12/1 Leaving for cruise port after breakfast Kona Booked would like Ohana

Between the overpriced meal and overpriced event ticket, that makes too expensive a meal for my taste.

Keep looking for something after you enter at 4.

It's a waste of party time for sure. I would never book a meal during party time. You are spending a lot of money on those tickets already.

Yes being nosy I checked 2-3 days out from today etc. and lots are opened! I would just feel good not having to worry so I'm continuously checking I was also lucky enough that touring reservation finder just texted me that Chef Mickeys Opened on the day I wanted it and was able to snag it :) So I'm literally almost set!! My mom however thought I was a crazy person running to my laptop Lmao

This is what I have Planned out so far! I don't think I'm doing to shabby considering I booked way after my 180 day window LoL

11/27 Later arrival no park Chef Mickeys 6:45
11/28 Magic Kingdom Day w/MVMCP TCP 7:25 (would like very early Breakfast at one of the other 2 and to make this one earlier)
11/29 Epcot Day 9am Garden Grill & 6:55 Akershus
11/30 Hollywood Studios Day 1:55 Fantasmic package Hollywood and Vine (reserved for 2 need for 3)
12/1 Leaving for cruise port after breakfast Kona Booked would like Ohana
Try using touringplans.com to find your ADR you are wanting. It's free and they have found CRT, 1900, Akershus and Crystal Palaces for us. It's amazing!

Cannot find any MVMCP ADR for December 19th. When I called the rep could not even access ADR for the MVMCP to even tell me there was no availability. Ideally we would like Crystal Palace at 4:30 pm or later as we have party tickets.

Just keep checking for cancellations. They can come up at any time, but there's usually an uptick within the last few days before your desired date. People finalize plans and cancel just before the cancellation deadline to avoid being charged the no show fee. Along with checking online and using touring plans you can also subscribe to the November cancellation thread at the top of this forum.

Cannot find any MVMCP ADR for December 19th. When I called the rep could not even access ADR for the MVMCP to even tell me there was no availability. Ideally we would like Crystal Palace at 4:30 pm or later as we have party tickets.
Keep checking the regular CP dining reservation page because 4:30 is during regular park hours. Most likely it is fully booked right now because partygoers who want an early dinner before the party and those who don't have party tickets are competing for reservations. You can check online frequently, subscribe to the December cancellation thread at the top of this board (read the rules in the first post) or try the touring plans reservation finder.[/QUOTE]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter