Wilderness Lodge?

princessraquel

Someday i'll be part of your world
Hi everyone!
I am planning my next Disney trip, and my family really wants to try out Wilderness Lodge or Fort Wilderness. Does anyone have any information on these places such as food, rooms, or just anything in general about them? It would really help!

Hi there. I'm about to head off to my first Wilderness Lodge vacation!

First off it's really important that you have a clear understanding of how very, very, very, very, very different the Wilderness Lodge is from Fort Wilderness!

The Wilderness Lodge is your standard Deluxe resort. It's incredibly beautiful. The rooms are intricately themed and some even have bunk beds in a commitment to theme. The dining options are also great. They have one signature restaurant, Artist Point, one quick service location, Roaring Fork, and one table service restaurant, Whispering Canyon Cafe. Many people enjoy WCC as the waiters employ fun antics similar to those of the waiters at 50's Prime Time Cafe. There is a beautiful pool. As far as transportation goes, there is a boat launch to MK and bus service for the rest of the parks.

Fort Wilderness, however, is a camp ground. So don't even look at it unless you want to go camping!!! It is very, very, very large. So large, in fact, that they have an internal bus service. I'm not too familiar with Ft. Wilderness, but I know that it's home to Trail's End (an *awesome* breakfast and dinner buffet) and the Hoop-de-Doo revue (an *AWESOME* all-you-care-to-enjoy dinner show!). Like I said, I don't know too much about it, but that's what I do know. I would assume they also have quick service locations, and I know they have activities like petting zoos and horse rides. Campers at Ft. Wilderness are entitled to the same perks that resort guests at WDW have, such as free transportation, eligibility for the Disney Dining Plan, access to parks during EMH, and more.

ETA: I should add that Ft. Wilderness DOES have a limited number of cabins available for families. They're quite large and can house up to I believe 8 people? Other than that, if you want to stay at Ft. Wilderness, you'll need either a tent set up or an RV.

Hope I helped!

My family is DVC and our home resort is the Wilderness Lodge and it is one of my favorite resorts. There is a quick service restaurant and I'm pretty sure there is at least one sit down restaurant that is nice (I haven't been to that restaurant since I was little). We always stay in villas since we are DVC, but the main building too is extremely nice. It has a very home like feel. There is also a geyser on the resort that goes off (I think every hour but I'm not sure).
But as said above, Fort Wilderness is a campground, they too have some nice restaurants, such as a sorta interactive dinner show. It has the same sorta feel that the Wilderness Lodge does. Hope that helps!

Fort Wilderness is huge and spread out. So big that many people bring or rent golf carts. So big that there is an internal bus system - three colour-coded routes servicing different sides of the campground. There are RV sites, tent sites and cabins. There is no "fancy" restaurant. Everything is casual, including Hoop Dee Doo. We stayed at FW for 2 weeks camping in our RV and loved it.

What Newsies said, they are VERY different from each other. To make it short and sweet, FW is camping and WL is a resort. I've never been to FW, but I've been to WL twice and it's very beautiful. The rooms are very nice and have a nice amount of space in them (the villas, but I'm sure the same goes for the regular rooms). The food there is pretty good too at the restaraunts. I'm pretty sure everyone else mentioned the important info.

WL is my family's home away from home. You can take the buses to every park/place, but there's also a boat that will take you to MK. My guess is that it's 5 or 6 stories. The totem poles are really tall. The rooms are nice, most have balconies, some have bunk beds, and the bunk beds are as nice as the normal ones, though not as big as a queen. Whispering Canyon Cafe is a sit-down with really good food. WCC is really more like pranks, not teasing like I hear Prime Time is (i.e., if you ask for ketchup, they'll get the surrounding tables to pass over their bottles, so you'll end up with 4 or more bottles of ketchup!). Roaring Forks is a counter service, but it's got good variety. Both places serve breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. It is very beautiful, especially at Christmas, they have this MASSIVE Christmas tree in the resort. Their outdoors you have to explore, they've got this rocky area and you can go down to the beach and I think there's some wooded paths or something. If you visit you have to see the geyser at least once, it goes off every hour. There's even a tiny little creek inside that they have a bridge over. If you get the right view, sometimes you can see the fireworks from Magic Kingdom at night from your hotel room. They do have villas, but I've only been in the lobby/main room of the villas, I've never stayed in one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!