Wilderness Lodge

PeterPam

Earning My Ears
Hi,
I have been reading lots of posts about the WL. We have reserved a standard room and I am a little worried. Can anyone suggest a room # or section that is not noisy? I am a very light sleeper and have read posts about guests being awakened by the "beeping" sound of trucks in the loading area. I am not concerned about the view, just the noise. Another question I have is... How is the bus service? Are there busses that go from WL to Typhoon Lagoon, Downtown Disney, Epcot, MGM & AK?
One more ?.... How are the laundry facilities and where are they located? THANKS! 92 days and counting! :D

transportation from WL is fine. busses everywhere except to MK which is by boat. we always have a woods view, looking toward MK.:p

Standard rooms are going to be right off of the lobby on the front of the building. If you can swing it, you might be happier requesting a woods view room, not overlooking the lobby. Explain your sleeping problems, and they may take that into consideration when assigning your room.

Good luck:)

Hi, we always request a first floor room (below the lobby) and I don't ever remember hearing anything. We've stayed on that floor 4x. the laundry facilities are right off the pool area. If you are at the pool-facing the lodge it would be on your right. There is a set of doors you go through and you can go straight up towards the lobby or go right and there is the coffee shop then just past that the laundry. I found getting around the lodge very easy, it is actually very enjoyable just to walk around.

We are one of the unfortunates who have experienced the noise of the trucks backing into the WL loading docks at night (BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP). It was awful. You want a room that does not overlook the loading dock and doesn't face the lobby area on a lower level. Those are the noisiest by far. But the so-called "loading dock" rooms are the WORST.

Bus service is very good and convenient. You can go directly to any theme park. Don't know about the water parks...check with the front desk on bus schedules from the WL.

Don't remember EXACTLY where the laundry facilities are (I remember walking past Artist Point to get there) but they are clean and convenient. We used them during our last visit. Had I known how convenient they really were, I'd have packed less.

We have always had a woods view MK side too. Very quite and we could watch the otters in the otter pond. Buses were very fast. Don't know about the laundry stuff. Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter