Wilderness Lodge Walking Path- Runner Where To Now?

I'm hoping when Reflections open they create a path right on the lake that connects all three resorts and the further in more wooded/secluded one to see nature. I mean the cabins at CCV and those at Reflections won't be spread too far apart.

I actually already sent in a suggestion to DVC and Guest Relations that I hope both paths are considered in the design as it will be beneficial to all 3 resorts, IMO.
You know what they do with suggestions from members. They don't want you to think like you deserve payment for your idea.

You can't even drive over to Ft Wilderness if you are not staying there. They only permit parking for guests staying there, especially the ones with larger vehicles or trailers.

Don't they allow you to park at the Outpost if you have an ADR at one of the Settlement restaurants?

Well that's too bad and kind of strange.
I’m guessing they plan on using some of the lot space to stage construction equipment.
You know what they do with suggestions from members. They don't want you to think like you deserve payment for your idea.
More should suggest so then they don’t have to pay anyone haha. Maybe it will happen then.
Don't they allow you to park at the Outpost if you have an ADR at one of the Settlement restaurants?
I believe this is still correct. It only referenced quick service, camp fire, and marina.

Well I hope to goodness they build new path(s) around that you can run, bike and walk on, and get into the 'wilderness', otherwise this resort has diminished to a shadow of its former self for us, as this is an essential part of the experience for us. It would be very sad to have a 'Wilderness Lodge' where the wilderness is confined to looking at trees from the balcony, and fake rocks around the pools. Hopefully DVD will listen, otherwise, I doubt I will ever stay there.

Yep, that new route makes sense, but I'd be surprised if it's actually quite half a mile. Still, it's an option for shorter runs. Anything over 3 loops I believe I'd head out and around the parking lot. Thanks for the post!

According to google maps' "measure distance" feature it is:

Total distance: 771.69 m (2,531.78 ft)

(give or take a little for imprecise dot-placing)

So 0.4795... miles.

SW

This is not the best solution, but I've done it, with a reflective vest and a blinky light---run the roads, even without a shoulder. W Wilderness Rd over to the campground should work then run the loops of the campground. I'd stay off World Blvd, but I've included Vista Blvd and Bonnet Creek Parkway as part of getting around Port Orleans for a loop, OKW to SSR to Springs and back. It sucks, you'll occasionally be in the grass for safety, but at 4:30/5AM there's not much happening anyway. I've done 17-20 miles that way.

I've also done up and down every single lane of a parking lot to get 3 miles in, so I'm probably not a great advisor for enjoyable running routes!!

This is not the best solution, but I've done it, with a reflective vest and a blinky light---run the roads, even without a shoulder. W Wilderness Rd over to the campground should work then run the loops of the campground. I'd stay off World Blvd, but I've included Vista Blvd and Bonnet Creek Parkway as part of getting around Port Orleans for a loop, OKW to SSR to Springs and back. It sucks, you'll occasionally be in the grass for safety, but at 4:30/5AM there's not much happening anyway. I've done 17-20 miles that way.

I've also done up and down every single lane of a parking lot to get 3 miles in, so I'm probably not a great advisor for enjoyable running routes!!
Disney Security may stop you from running along the roads and take you back to your resort. My husband was stopped near Disney Springs and SSR once when he was trying to get in miles.

Tough for runners, isn't it? ;) Be aware that Wilderness Rd is also closed to not only foot traffic but buses, as well. Buses are now required to go the long route to get to FW as the construction access has taken over Wilderness Rd itself. There have been reports of Disney security along that road, as well.

Tough for runners, isn't it? ;) Be aware that Wilderness Rd is also closed to not only foot traffic but buses, as well. Buses are now required to go the long route to get to FW as the construction access has taken over Wilderness Rd itself. There have been reports of Disney security along that road, as well.

That sucks. Really, though, I'd take my chances along World Drive then. Run in the grass until (is it) Vista Blvd. They hate us!!!

That sucks. Really, though, I'd take my chances along World Drive then. Run in the grass until (is it) Vista Blvd. They hate us!!!
With the drivers at WDW, I wouldn't risk it.

I love Disney irony. *Camera pans in to a board room where a Disney think tank has assembled, and one suit speaks up, "Hey, let's do a thing called Run Disney where we sponsor races throughout the year, and people will pay 5 times what it costs to run a local race! And, here's the funniest thing, we're not going to actually provide any places for people to run while they stay at Disney! It's just too funny! (The entire board room erupts into thunderous laughter and applause.)" pirate:

I love Disney irony. *Camera pans in to a board room where a Disney think tank has assembled, and one suit speaks up, "Hey, let's do a thing called Run Disney where we sponsor races throughout the year, and people will pay 5 times what it costs to run a local race! And, here's the funniest thing, we're not going to actually provide any places for people to run while they stay at Disney! It's just too funny! (The entire board room erupts into thunderous laughter and applause.)" pirate:
There are plenty of safe places to run at WDW. You can run around OKW, over to SSR and then to Disney Springs for a long run. You can run around Ft Wilderness, but you have to take a bus or boat to get there. You can run around the Epcot resorts and run from Epcot to DHS and back (and around). It's just bad at AKL/AKV and WL/BRV/CCV. You could even drive over to the All Stars or CBR or CSR or Pop and run there. You can run from GF to Polynesian and back. CR/BLT isn't great for running either, except for the big parking lots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!