Wilderness lodge vs contemporary vs Caribbean beach December time

Disneydreamer16

Earning My Ears
Which resort would you prefer to stay at for a mid December trip? It’s juat me my husband and my two year old. Caribbean is the cheapeast and have stayed there many times but not since the refurbs, we usually stay at Polynesian now. Wilderness lodge is second cheapest and contemporary is the most . Thanks!

For us, Christmas time is best experienced at Wilderness Lodge. We have stayed there 4 years in a row. So nice to be less than 10 minutes by boat from MK and the serenity coupled with the Christmas theming beats Contemporary for us.

Reactions: nyy
The best time to stay at WL is during the holiday season. The resort is amazing, and its nice being in the MK area. I prefer it compared to the contemporary. I haven't had any transportation issues there, and its isolated location really makes the theming immersive.

With a two year old I would definitely stick to the MK area if that's where you plan to spend the most time. The walk to MK is by far our favorite part of staying at the Contemporary. But Wilderness Lodge is SO gorgeous at Christmas. We've fallen in love with Wilderness Lodge, and now my husband flat out refuses to stay any where else. Can't make a wrong choice between Contemporary or WL in my opinion though. Good luck!

Thanks! We always love using the monorail when we stay at the poly and walking sounds great too to have that option at the contemporary.!So torn ! The theming sounds so nice at WL

We love WL at Christmas time. It is GORGEOUS! If you are looking for convenience to MK, however, CR is great. You can always stay at CR and boat over to WL and Ft. W to enjoy the decorations!

Wilderness Lodge will be gorgeous for the Holidays, probably my favorite resort during that time the lobby is just stunning. The Contemporary is my favorite resort and the convenience of walking to Magic Kingdom can't be beat. Since it's December I would go with Wilderness Lodge.

Another vote for WL. We've never stayed at the CR and while the walk way to MK is nice, you can't beat the holiday decorations/atmosphere of the WL.

WL. You can pick up some drinks at Geyser Point and go sit by the water on some very nice couches and watch the electrical water parade about 9:30-9:45 pm. We liked the pools much better than those at CR - there's a bit of shade towards afternoon and they're beautifully done. We found CR to be a nice hotel, but pretty much the same as we could get in any city. Nothing particularly special about it beyond the ability to walk to MK but we found the bus transportation at WL to be pretty efficient and for the price differential definitely not worth the proximity although the rooms at CR are larger (though I don't like the bathroom configuration). And now that you can monitor the bus arrivals in more or less real time, we never waited more than a few minutes regardless of where we were going. I don't personally find the monorail to be terribly efficient; we preferred taking the bus from WL to Epcot than the monorail from CR to Epcot. I haven't been to CBR in 20 years so I can't speak to personal experience there. We always stay Deluxe now, but even if we didn't the size just isn't to our liking anymore.

With a two year old I would definitely stick to the MK area if that's where you plan to spend the most time. The walk to MK is by far our favorite part of staying at the Contemporary. But Wilderness Lodge is SO gorgeous at Christmas. We've fallen in love with Wilderness Lodge, and now my husband flat out refuses to stay any where else. Can't make a wrong choice between Contemporary or WL in my opinion though. Good luck!
Are our husbands brothers? Lol mine refuses to stay anywhere other than the WL either. He’s all “why should we go somewhere else when we have a great time here?” 🙄

That being said, it’s a great resort and we never had any issues there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!