wilderness cabins

stevechase

WDW 2012
Hi, we are really keen to go back after an amazing 3 weeks at ASM in April 2002. Has anyone been to the Willderness Cabins? are they any good, can you easily get provisions ?

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,
I posted a similar question on the old ukDis board but didn't hear from anyone who had stayed there- so I'll be keeping an eye on your thread for any answers here!

I saw the log cabins during a day at Fort Wilderness and they look like they'd be lovely to stay in. There is a small shop on site selling basic foodstuffs and snacks etc. but it seemed to be very expensive. There may be other shops etc there but we didn't see any.

If you had a car I suppose you could stock up at Walmart....

I'd also be interested to hear from anyone who's stayed there...

Hi

Thanks for replying. Just as a guide I have been through the process of booking (sorry! enquiring) on the www.virginholidays.co.uk site. For a cabin for 3 weeks in October 2003, for 2 Adults, 2 Children (6 and 4) and 1 infant, it came out at just over 6000.00. Wow! a lot of money, they look great, but if you bear in mind that we had 3 weeks at ASM in April of this year for 3600.00, is it really going to be that much better!

I will let you know if I find anything else out.

Steve

We stayed in the Cabins in Nov 2000, and will be there again at the end of Dec this year, they are great, much better than a hotel room, there are links around with all the info about them, here is one http://www.wdwig.com/faq_fw.htm the first time we went we booked with virgin, but this time we just booked the flights, we have booked the accomodation ourselves using the Disney Club card to get a discount on the Cabin, it worked out cheaper for us, as we can also get park tickets at a discount with the Card. Any specific questions just ask, and i will do my best to answer them, the trading posts do sell some basic groceries which are a bit more expensive than the stores offsite, if you have a car it is not a problem as you can go to Walmart etc to shop, if you do not have a car you have probably saved yourself £300 - £400 anyway so a bit of a higher food bill will not matter so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter