Wild Turkeys Terrorizing Neighborhood

Only the toms gobble. :)
Oh really, good to know. I usually see groups of turkeys passing through my yard. Last year i filmed on my phone a lone turkey walking through the trees and he was doing the 'gobble, gobble, gobble'. Guess he was a Tom.

Not so fun when they're doing it outside your bedroom window at the crack of dawn.

I've woken up to the sound of turkeys. Frankly it's not that bad although they're not right in front of my house.

What was really annoying was camping and waking up to the loud sound of birds chirping.

I've woken up to the sound of turkeys. Frankly it's not that bad although they're not right in front of my house.

What was really annoying was camping and waking up to the loud sound of birds chirping.

Yelling ravens are worse than the turkeys. And the one lone coyote who yipped loudly ALL NIGHT LONG ALL SUMMER.

When we first moved out of the city, the frogs were so loud at night. We got used to it.

Now I'm happy whenever I hear them because frogs are a good indicator of where ecosystems are thriving. They're often the first to go.

Yelling ravens are worse than the turkeys. And the one lone coyote who yipped loudly ALL NIGHT LONG ALL SUMMER.

No ravens, but crows can be pretty loud too. What I remember camping in the Sierra Nevada were dozens of birds just making calls over each other. And then later in the day generators going off during the legal generator hours.

A NJ poster here a couple years ago said that the terror turkeys aren't very edible or tasty. :crazy2:
Supposedly they don’t taste like the ones we’re used to getting at the supermarket! They have a gamey taste (so I’m told!).

Hunting wild turkey is big sport here in Michigan. They are surprisingly tricky to get considering their domestic relation's reputation. I don't actually do much hunting anymore, never really cared for it, and I've never killed a turkey; but I've eaten a few wild turkeys and they are quite tasty.

There's no gaminess to them at all and the whole bird, even parts usually called white meat, tastes mostly like a farm turkey's dark meat. It's usually less tough and less dry than farm turkey. What they taste like depends on what they eat and occasionally you get a turkey that has transitioned to eating carrion. I imagine that tastes about as good as I imagine.

Hunting wild turkey is big sport here in Michigan. They are surprisingly tricky to get considering their domestic relation's reputation. I don't actually do much hunting anymore, never really cared for it, and I've never killed a turkey; but I've eaten a few wild turkeys and they are quite tasty.

There's no gaminess to them at all and the whole bird, even parts usually called white meat, tastes mostly like a farm turkey's dark meat. It's usually less tough and less dry than farm turkey. What they taste like depends on what they eat and occasionally you get a turkey that has transitioned to eating carrion. I imagine that tastes about as good as I imagine.
Good to know! Thanks

These turkeys are jumping over the guard rail, but there's no ground on the other side. It's a cliff. It was just so surreal. I'm sure the turkeys are fine but it did look bizarre with their lunking bodies jumping over guard rails into oblivion.

They probably heard what was going to happen to their domestic cousins in a couple weeks. How they'd all be roasted or deep fried, their carcasses celebrated over as they are cut up in pieces, passed around, and feasted on, :scared: and they decided to just end it all in a mass exodus before humans went after them too. 🦃🦃🦃🦃

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter