Wild Africa Trek or Wanyama Safari

boscoast

Earning My Ears
Hello!

We are visiting in Sept with a party of 9 total - at least 5 of us are interested in doing a special additional cost animal experience. We are staying at AKL, and we have two veterinarians in our party. We also are a family that loves to enjoy a great meal and a few beverages.

What would be the better experience, Wild Africa Trek or Wanyama Safari? Does anyone know the prices?

One difficulty for Wanyama is that we have an obligatory birthday dinner for another party member on our AK day that we can't change or move (ugh), and it's a 4 day trip so we are spending one day at each park. It seems a little inconvenient in terms of the rest of the day's plans to have to leave a further away park so early for Wanyama, and then potentially head back to that park after dinner. Does Wild Africa Trek seem better considering that?

I have a Disney Visa, so I know a discount may apply to either or both.

The Wild Africa Trek ranges from $189 to $249 per person.
The Wanyama Safari and Dinner is $209 per person.

Thanks, I was wondering more specifically on details about that 189-249 range since that's a $60 window. I called and with my Disney visa I can get $171.10 per person.

The Wild Africa Trek can also free up your time since you won't need to do the safari as well that day, and you get a fairly substantial snack. We really enjoyed it.

I did the Wild Africa Trek with DD a few years back. It was a lot of fun. You go over a rope bridge, take a smaller Safari Jeep ride, nice food stop. I agree with above poster that there is no need to do the Safari ride, so you have time for more things. It was hit in March for us, so keep hydrated with the aluminum water bottle that is included. Another good part was the free photographer there. We had the PhotoPass thing, but I don’t think it was needed to get the photos from the trip. They were all good photos - a few belowE11E8869-31CB-440E-94F0-791A7BF3AB63.jpeg7B5EBB87-E338-443F-A8A6-DB2820ED15D0.jpeg571B0AC9-C26E-4B12-9A15-8BA21D9233F4.jpeg

Thanks, I was wondering more specifically on details about that 189-249 range since that's a $60 window. I called and with my Disney visa I can get $171.10 per person.
I think the price range depends on the time of year? We are doing Wild Africa Trek in early December 2019 and we paid $200 and change for each of us (2).

The Wild Africa Trek can also free up your time since you won't need to do the safari as well that day, and you get a fairly substantial snack. We really enjoyed it.

It won't really free up time though since the Wild Africa Trek is going to take longer than the normal Safari. The benefit might come from doing it first thing in the morning. When we did it like 6 years ago we got in to the park before it was open although we could have easily rode the Safari at rope drop and been on to other things.

If I were paying that much I would want the morning time slot for the best chance at active animals before it heats up too much.

The Wild Africa Trek is one of the best things we have ever done in our LIFE!
It was absolutely amazing and worth the money, I'll do it again when our kids are old enough to do it with us if they still offer it then LOL

When we were eating in the gazebo out near the Elephants they had a fight and it was an amazing thing to see. Even the CM's were like "woah, we've never seen that before"
I'd do the Trek in a heartbeat.
We did it in September also, it wasn't too hot the animals were all very active. We did a 2pm slot as it was slightly cheaper than the early ones. It was great.

There is also Savor the Savanna. It includes the smaller Jeep ride, Q & A with an animal keeper, and drinks and snacks at an overlook. It is offered 2 times most evenings.

We've done both. And both were totally enjoyable. We didn't leave Jiko until maybe 8:30 because we had such a pleasant time talking with our tablemates at the dinner. Wanyama only does the AKL/AKV savannas and WAT does the AK savannas. We got close up with the animals for WAT and got close to them with WS. The focus for WAT is more of the actions on the savannas with the snack as a nice addition. The WS has more focus on the food and beverages of Africa with the savanna tour almost as an extra. The food and beverages at Jiko were very good, both appetizers before the tour and the dinner after the tour. The Snack at the boma on the savanna was good, too, but not nearly as much food. It was basically a light snack.

I've done the Wanyama Safari twice and I loved it both times. I would jump at the chance to do it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter