Wild Africa Trek, a Disney Wedding, AoA photoshoot, and more!Aug 2013 TR update 12/21

Epcot

I am a "get there at opening" type of person in Disney, because I think it's the best way to avoid the lines. I wanted to do that for our last day in Epcot too, especially since we had to leave by 2:00 that afternoon. But unfortunately, my friend was going to get Jason into the park and wanted to sleep in. I couldn't really argue since she was doing us such a big favor! So we didn't get into Epcot until around 10:30 that morning.

By that point all the wait times for our favorite rides (Soarin, Test Track, Mission Space, etc.) were all ridiculously long, and the fastpasses available weren't good until 4 or 5 o'clock, and we would be long gone by then. I see now that this is one advantage of FastPass+. As much as I'm not a huge fan of FP+, even after using it last week, situations like this would have made it super helpful!

With such a long wait time for everything, we decided to go on DH's almost least favorite ride (the only one he dislikes more is Ellen's Energy Adventure): Figment!

Personally, I like Figment and I think he's cute. It's not a must-do ride for me but it's a good "filler," if you know what I mean. I believe we probably also rode Nemo and went to Turtle Talk... I'm not sure how we wouldn't have, since we both adore Turtle Talk. But I have no pictures of what happened next and no recollection of it either, so I don't know. What I do know is that we visited Club Cool to try all of the sodas!

We had lunch reservations at Tokyo Dining, and met up with my two friends that were at the wedding, as well as one of their husbands. We were seated at a lovely table right next to the window with a great view.

DH and I love sushi, and I have to say that Tokyo Dining definitely did not disappoint. Everything we had was great, and the restaurant was better than I expected. Easily one of the best places I've eaten in Disney, and one we will certainly be returning to. There will be lots of food pics in my dining review once I update that, but for now I'll leave you with this lovely mound of sushi:

And, because DH and I were celebrating our anniversary, they brought us a free dessert! The chocolate ginger cake:

I don't order desserts all that often, and probably wouldn't have had one here if they hadn't brought it to me. But let me just say this was one of the best pieces of cake I've ever had in my life. I will absolutely order it every time we eat here. You can see they also made us cute little origami rings. Well, my friends admired our rings so much they asked for their own, and we all got one!

After lunch we only had about half an hour before we had to leave for the airport, so we just strolled around the World Showcase. My friend found a pile of petals that she shaped into a heart, and then made me and DH take a picture. It actually came out pretty cute:

I took a picture of the Mary Poppins topiary, since I had never noticed her before:

And then, alas, it was time to leave Disney. We got back to the airport without too much trouble, and got home safe and sound. It was sad to leave, but I knew I would be headed back in December! And I didn't know it at the time, but DH ended up joining me too!

Thank you so much for following along. I'm going to put up my December TR, probably after the holidays are over. I'll post a link here so if you're interested in following, I hope you'll check it out!

Have a wonderful Christmas, or whatever holiday you celebrate! May it be extra magical this year! pixiedust:

I was trying to figure out why I loved that first photo of Spaceship Earth so much. Then I remembered that last trip they had a stage in that spot blocking the view.

Wait... are you saying that you DIDN'T need a FP for Figment?? :p

Desserts are awesome. FREE desserts are priceless.

Aww that is SO CUTE with the petal heart.

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS to you Becky and I can't wait for the next TR!!

Ugh - it’s tough getting to the parks when it’s too crowded to do favorites.

I LOVE the origami rings - so cute!

Great report! I really enjoyed reading along, and I’m excited for your next one. Enjoy the holidays!

I was trying to figure out why I loved that first photo of Spaceship Earth so much. Then I remembered that last trip they had a stage in that spot blocking the view.

Wait... are you saying that you DIDN'T need a FP for Figment?? :p

Desserts are awesome. FREE desserts are priceless.

Aww that is SO CUTE with the petal heart.

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS to you Becky and I can't wait for the next TR!!

Yes, that stage as there on my past trip as well! Shockingly, no FP needed for Figment ;)

Have a wonderful holiday! I'm really looking forward to reading about your new adventures in your new TR as well!

:flower3:

Ugh - it’s tough getting to the parks when it’s too crowded to do favorites.

I LOVE the origami rings - so cute!

Great report! I really enjoyed reading along, and I’m excited for your next one. Enjoy the holidays!

Yeah, I'm definitely a fan of avoiding more crowded times! But you take what you can get, I guess, and it was definitely worth it for the incredible wedding!

Have a great holiday!

The pic with the flower petal heart is nice, but I really like the pic of you two on the Boardwalk. Did you post that at the beginning or something? I could swear I'd commented before on how much I like it... I like your smiles, but I also really enjoy how you guys generally look coordinated without dressing in the same thing, and that's a great example of it. :)

Love the origami rings! :cool2:

I'm sorry I've been so lax a follower lately, but I've really enjoyed your trip report. Many thanks, and hope your latest trip went wonderfully! :goodvibes

The pic with the flower petal heart is nice, but I really like the pic of you two on the Boardwalk. Did you post that at the beginning or something? I could swear I'd commented before on how much I like it... I like your smiles, but I also really enjoy how you guys generally look coordinated without dressing in the same thing, and that's a great example of it. :)

Love the origami rings! :cool2:

I'm sorry I've been so lax a follower lately, but I've really enjoyed your trip report. Many thanks, and hope your latest trip went wonderfully! :goodvibes

Thanks! Yes, I posted that photo on the boardwalk at the very beginning for our introduction :) Thank you so much :goodvibes

I've been pretty lax with following trip reports too - I know life gets crazy, especially around this time of year! But thank you for following along, I always look forward to reading your comments!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!