wifi in the parks?

kelmac284

Lover of all things Disney since 1975
We are coming from the US and the only way our phones will work while we are there is if we initiate a day by day plan. So if we do not have our phones on wifi if we get a call, text or use the net it starts a 24 hour clock that costs us 10 bucks a day. So while we may utilize that a few times I plan to mostly use wifi whenever possible. So if we are in the village or parks and want to use the DLP app is there wifi and is it good? I know at Disneyland it is not that great and for us we have a fairly large data plan so we just use our data but obviously I don't want to do that here.

Hotel: no problem
Disneyland Park: Mainly a problem at the hub, I found it works better in the different lands.
Disneyland Studios: Better than in Disneyland Park:
Village: Not sure to be honest, as I usually only walk through it, when I am in the shops I don't need my phone. I think the restaurants have wifi, McDonalds for sure.

The parks can be patchy but generally okay. The hotels, as above, are decent enough. The village hasn’t got its own WiFi but Starbucks and McDonald’s have it, so you just have to manage between those which isn’t far

If you're doing a long holiday in Europe I strongly suggest to buy a SIM to use while here with some data plan in it. It'll probably cost you between $15 and $30 depending on the amount of data you want. And if your trip goes into other countries you can use the French SIM everywhere in the Europe Union at no extra cost.

If you're doing a long holiday in Europe I strongly suggest to buy a SIM to use while here with some data plan in it. It'll probably cost you between $15 and $30 depending on the amount of data you want. And if your trip goes into other countries you can use the French SIM everywhere in the Europe Union at no extra cost.

I heard someone mention that before. How does that work?

I heard someone mention that before. How does that work?

First of all you have to check if your phone allows you to install SIMs from other providers, some are SIM locked so you can use only the SIM you bought with the phone.
If yours is not SIM locked, you can buy in any phone shop a local SIM card with a local data plan, replace the one you have with your phone and you'd be ready to go. You might also use it for local calls (for example to call your hotel if you need to, a taxi...). It's not difficult to find a phone shop selling SIM cards. At Heathrow in London I've seen also vending machines selling SIM cards too, there might be similar shops in other airports too.

With the traditional paper fastpasses being used, what do people use wifi/the app for the most? Attraction wait times?

With the traditional paper fastpasses being used, what do people use wifi/the app for the most? Attraction wait times?

The main character meet and greets in the Studios can only be booked using the app Lineberty. If you don't book on the app then you cant meet the character. You have to use location settings and be nearby to book. They run out quickly so you need to be connected to WIFI/3G

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter