Wifi Good Enough to use Play Disney Parks App?

RobertaMomof2

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone, we are going in a couple weeks and my son wanted to download the new Play Disney Parks App for the trip. I am not wanting to add it to my phone as I have heard conflicting accounts of it causing issues with the Disneyland App (and I bought MaxPass for all days we are in the parks with our tickets so not taking any chances there).

SO I am thinking my son can bring his phone (aka my old phone), and since it doesn't have data attached (or a phone number or anything), he can use it on Wifi Mode in the park to play the interactive games while we wait in line... is this doable? I don't need to attach it to an actual Disneyland Account do I? Obviously it wouldn't work while we are in lines indoors (IJ, or POTC, or inside lines other places) but for the outdoors stuff maybe?

Anyone try this yet? Thank you!!!

You can only access the WiFi at designated hotspots; it's not park-wide. He wouldn't be able to use it while in line.

OK great, thank you all so much! I will just have him leave it at home. I am tasked with carrying my daughters phone as well most the time, so having 3 is a bit much (I am a fanny-packer :) ).

We dont have hotspot with our phones :( darn it. Great idea though FrazierFamily!

OK great, thank you all so much! I will just have him leave it at home. I am tasked with carrying my daughters phone as well most the time, so having 3 is a bit much (I am a fanny-packer :) ).

We dont have hotspot with our phones :( darn it. Great idea though FrazierFamily!
You can often add a hotspot to your service plan for 1 month for about $10, should you change your mind :)

I'm here now and isn't the PlayAp and the Disneyland app with no problems at all
Maybe they've fixed the issues?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!