Wife's first trip to Disneyland had a little disappointment

Odie43

Earning My Ears
In September of 2015 my wife and I took a 2 week trip to Disneyworld for our 25th anniversary. On day one we went to the Magic Kingdom and got Anniversary buttons. From then on we were virtually bombarded with well wishes and congratulations from Cast Members.
In May of 2018, I was in Southern California on business so I flew her out to Anaheim and took her to Disneyland for her first time there. She wanted a "First Timer" button so off we went to Town Hall and got the button at 8 am. The rest of the day exactly 2 Cast Members mentioned the button, 1 was a very talkative street sweeper and the other was our server at Blue Bayou for lunch.
Did we just hit a bad day or is there a real difference in attitudes between Land and World?
Your thoughts?

Disneyland is very much a “locals” park, and that may explain the difference a bit. You would think that button would demand attention since everyone out there thinks everyone else has been there many times just like themselves (unless it’s a young child), but clearly not the case. Not very magical. But, I hope you didn’t let it ruin your trip, there are so many great things about Disneyland & California Adventures parks, I love that you can just stroll into a character still unlike how it must be at a planned meet & greet space in the world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!