Why the Loathing of Daisy? :Best and Worst Today’s episode

Do you also hate Daisy?

• Yes, obviously she is the worst and Donald should cut ties immediately!

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • No. Daisy is amazing! I love her Sass, she’s a strong independent woman(duck)!!

Votes: 72 58.1%
  • I literally couldn’t care any less about this Duck.

Votes: 48 38.7%

• Total voters
Never given her any thought of any sort. Can't imagine what there is to hate about any character. They are after all, just characters.
I don't listen to the podcasts so do tell, what comes up, they just start complaining? Why mention how much you dislike a character and not say why? Guess I don't get that either.

they just sort of say they don't like her or aren't a fan or don't care .... from what I have heard it's largely around that she doesn't have a set personality - that if you co over time it keeps changing and just doesn't resonate with (some) people

and like anything nowadays you have to "have a take" on things so I am sure it comes out a bit more exaggerated than reality

they just sort of say they don't like her or aren't a fan or don't care
I think it was Ryno on a recent show who said that she is always nasty, that everything she says isn't nice. I can't say I've ever noticed that but I can't remember the last time I watched anything with Daisy in it.

When my nephew was about 2-3, he LOOOOVED the classic Mickey cartoons they used to play in the resort rooms.
Well of course, they stop the cartoons at like 7pm to play The Duffy bedtime story. The kid was outraged “WHERE IS MICKEY?? WHAT IS DIS?????” We told him it was Duffy “well I HATE STUFFY!”
He is 10 now, we all still call Duffy “Stuffy” and there is still a lot of animosity towards the poor bear. We also will find it on the resort TV “hey! It’s your favorite show!”

Your nephew is the greatest kid who ever lived.

I’m clearly the odd one out here, I love Daisy!! I also love Duffy, especially in his cute little sailer outfit... I wish they had released a whole collection of Village Duffy’s

Last edited:
I'll take the bait because I also do not like Daisy.

Daisy is like your best friend's spouse/significant other who usually means well, but whose personality casually undermines your friend just enough to frustrate you but not enough to warrant suggesting to your friend to get out of the relationship. Daisy absolutely loves Donald, but she has Donald wrapped around her finger and she uses that to attempt to keep him in line to her own expectations. We all have friends with relationships like that, right?

Yes, her character is inconsistent from creation to today, but she generally nags, points out the mistakes of others without making mistakes herself, is sometimes displayed as self centered, is subtly snarky etc.

This is extreme Daisy but still what many people see in her.

Here's Donald finding success as an international star and Daisy performing an act to reverse to keep him to herself:

Some would say she's an example of subterfuge, but that's pretty calculating. It's more her personality and most of the time her character is written to be more subtle. Daisy has plenty of moments of being thoughtful, sweet, caring, but she's still has a difficult side that's tough to swallow. In that way she's arguably the most "relatable," but as an adult I don't want to be reminded about my friend with the adoring but annoying spouse.

Little Known Fact: KingLlama can turn a thread about a Space Mountain overlay into his irrational, albeit hilarious, detestation (<-- Is this a word?) for Duffy. Haha. Seriously, Ryno's hatred for Daisy is not even in the same area code with KingLlama's rancor toward Mickey's stuffed friend. If his venom for Duffy was a band it would be Nickleback. If his contempt were a person it would be Gilbert Gottfried. If his malice was a movie it would be Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones. If his enmity was a food it would be kale.

Full disclosure:I just bought a new thesaurus. :)

How did Duffy get that sailer costume? Honestly I thing the Snuggle bear for the fabric softener looks cuter than Duffy. I used to ask my mom for the snuggle bear that I saw on the commercials but until this year I never knew there was a Snuggle Bear stuffed animal.

I worked at Unilever for many years when it owned Snuggle. When they were still in the laundry product business, that bear made them lots of money.

I won a Franklin Mint porcelain figurine of him at an annual holiday party and used to keep him on my desk, but now he has a spot in my china cabinet next to a Snowbaby and a Hummel.

I worked at Unilever for many years when it owned Snuggle. When they were still in the laundry product business, that bear made them lots of money.

I won a Franklin Mint porcelain figurine of him at an annual holiday party and used to keep him on my desk, but now he has a spot in my china cabinet next to a Snowbaby and a Hummel.
LOVE LOVE LOVE the Snuggle Bear!!! I also love the smell of Snuggle softener sheets. Please hug yours for me! (The bear, not the softener sheets!) :) I used to have a Pillsbury Dough Boy, and an AFLAC duck (that yelled "AFLAC"! when squeezed!) :) that I treasured. :)

@SorcererHeidi During the time that the Snuggle Bear sat on my desk, I had a collection of Gumby-like animals made by Hoechst Celanese that were given to us by the Hoechst sales team.

I fondly remember posing an orange giraffe with “Hoechst” emblazoned on his chest. I don’t get fun stuff like that in my current job. (School transportation.)

I think Ryno mentioned once that her voice in the park show/events is a little off and I totally agree. Her voice doesn't seem to be in the same pitch/tone as the other characters. She sounds like an old reporter from a 1940s screwball comedy opposite Cary Grant rather than a cartoon duck. She is also kind of a wet blanket. Like the rest of the fab 5 are fun-loving kid/adults and she's the nagging voice of reason.

That being said, I don't hate her, per se, I just think her characterization in the parks sticks out as unlike the others. I also think I've thought WAY too much about an anthropomorphic duck.

In the cartoons I have seen Daisy in the last 15 years or so her personality was very unpleasant though I forget that when I see her in the parks. Donald is my favorite character so I can't think about her too negatively.

This thread immediately made me think of this:

(1:48-2:48) is Daisy related.

Also, I love Duffy merch & university bear stuff and can't wait to get to Asia to score more.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!