• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

why reconfirm HDD ressies?

2minny

DIS Veteran
On the HDDR site it says to reconfirm reservations 24-48 hours prior to reservation...why is this? I have never done that in the past at hoop de doo.

Probably so that if something did happen with your reservation, then Disney has 24-48 hours to fix it. Much easier to deal with it earlier than 10 minutes before the show starts. Completely a guess, though.

1) You should reconfirmation any and all ADR's 24-48 hrs ahead of time.
2) It is very easy to mis-type a ressie.
3) Emabarrassing to show up and be told your ressie was last week.
4) Or, next month.

Whenever we have made ressies for Hoop Dee Doo or any of the others, we have always had to go to Guest Services at our resort beforehand to "check in" for the dinner show.

They gave us a voucher like ticket (couldn't be folded or tear the perforration) that needed to be presented at the Hoop Dee Doo, etc. Not sure if they are still doing this. Our last time doing a dinner show was in 2006.

Whenever we have made ressies for Hoop Dee Doo or any of the others, we have always had to go to Guest Services at our resort beforehand to "check in" for the dinner show.

They gave us a voucher like ticket (couldn't be folded or tear the perforration) that needed to be presented at the Hoop Dee Doo, etc. Not sure if they are still doing this. Our last time doing a dinner show was in 2006.

This is how it worked for us this past June as well.

We always get a message on our resort phone about 24-48 hours before HDDR telling us the time, date, and party size of our ADR. I usually wait until we get to the show and pick up our tickets at the pick up window. I've found it easier then getting them at our resort. Plus DH is a real "early" freak so we always arrive at least 1 1/2 hours before hte show time. So it's no problem.

It's always best to confirm, Disney deals with 1000's of ADRs daily and mistakes are bound to happen.

I went to HDD this past December and saw a lady arguing with a CM over a reservation. It sounded like she was in a different catagory than she had requested and there were no seats availiable to move her, since it was Xmas week. The lady was so embarassing yelling and screaming in front of everyone in line waiting to get in. I felt so bad for the CM. This could of been prevented if the woman checked or confirmed he reservation :sad2:

On Disney's web site, I can get my ADRs and email them to me. Then I print a copy of my ADRS and take it with me. The emails are also stored on my phone in case there is ever a dispute. The resort check-in desk (disney resorts) can also print your ADRs for you. But we never had a problem.

I put all my ADR reservation numbers, dates, times on my phone - WDW Dining iPhone application and I can link right to the menus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter