Why Not Now? Reaching weight loss and fitness goals in 2016--All Welcome!

I crossed the 15 lbs threshold this morning!
AND saw the 130s on my scale for the first time in 2 years!
Rewarded myself with a momentum jewelry bracelet. It's been sitting in the mail envelope sealed waiting for this day.
Next small goal is to be at 20 lbs gone by the end of April. Well, slightly before the end. I'm chaperoning a school trip with my dd and I'd like to have it gone by then. That'll put me halfway to my goal. Yikes! Not even halfway to my goal yet! Lol

I'll work at getting back into the boards next month. I'm struggling to keep the exercise consistent. And the last two weeks I missed skating. We did swimming the first one but this weekend we didn't do much of anything. My sleep pattern is all screwed up but I'll have to work at morning exercise while my work hours allow it. Maybe I'll price out some weigh sets. I'd like to do lifting more serious(heavier lifting).

Hi there, wondering if it's too late to join your group? I am new to DIS boards and just found this thread. Not quite sure how this works but I am planning on using WW and FitBit. Motivated by my upcoming 20th anniversary trip to Aruba in June and ultimately would like to be at my goal weight by my next Disney trip January 2017...hoping that the fear of getting in a bathing suit in Aruba is enough to jump start my efforts! I am looking forward to the support and encouragement here!

Me too about the bathing suit! I'm new here too. I started dieting actually about two years ago before our last trip to WDW. I started at 229 and got down to about 192 before the trip. Great news when I returned home from vaca though - I found out I was pregnant! So I continued healthy eating...but eating everything in sight throughout my pregnancy! I had my now fourth daughter last May and topped out at 215. I'm now down to 140 so about 89 pounds total lost. I bought my first bathing suit in about a decade a few days ago for a mini-getaway overnight vacation with a pool. A size small!!!!! I still felt like a "big girl" in my bathing suit though...two piece with a skirt...I've lost weight but gravity hasn't been kind!!! Still was amazing to actually wear a bathing suit without a tshirt over it and not feel like a total alien. Keeeeeep going!!!! :) Hoping to feel a little more confident in August when we go for our next trip. Still have about 20 more pounds to goal.

I'm down four pounds since I last posted...I was at 144 and weighed in yesterday at 140 woot! My goal is 120 by August. I am realizing now that after losing almost 90 pounds I really am going to have to make an effort to work out and not just restrict calories...the SKIN! I'm 35 and gravity has definitely taken a toll and combined with the huge weight loss I'm sagging everywhere. From what I understand the only way to combat that is muscle and continued fat loss. Gah. A little discouraging, but still feel way better than I did at 229 pounds. Hope everyone has a great healthy week! It's starting to feel like spring in my neck of the woods...and I can't wait!

Hi all! Thanks for the warm welcomes! I am down 5lbs since starting. I thought I would do WW again but it became really old, really fast, so I am doing a low-carb diet. Basically my own hybrid because some days I am super strict and some days I have 3 servings of fruit, depending on how I feel! I have been very good about going to the gym (so far) and water and I are trying to become friends :)
I am getting ready to start The Whole 30 on March 28...have any of you done this? Maybe some of you would like to join me? It is a 30-day program where you eat protein, fruits, vegetables, most nuts, and NO dairy, grains, or sugar of ANY kind, not even Splenda or Stevia! I am SUPER nervous about no sugar (mama needs her coffee with cream and sugar in the morning!) but at the same time, if I'm not willing to give it up for a month, maybe that is exactly what I should be doing, you know? Anyway, if anyone would like more info, check out their website at www.whole30.com
I wish you all a great rest of your week! Honestly, with all 5 kids out of school this week, my house is a wreck, I have laundry up to my eyeballs, and I can't wait for next Monday to get here! Hahaha :)

@iheartdisney44 Welcome! I haven't done Whole30 but I'm pretty close. I gave up all sodas and started clean eating in January. I have a small amount of occasional sugar but it's minuscule. I drink well over a gallon of water a day also. It's not bad! Once you discover you an pretty much make anything with healthy substitutes, it's fairly easy. Good luck!

@iheartdisney44 good job on the 5lbs! This time around I am not eliminating anything from my diet. Just choosing wisely, portion control and counting my calories. So far anytime I eliminate anything even for a short time I crash and burn. I think mentally as soon as you say I can't have it I want it. LOL. Good luck on the Whole30 and can't wait to hear how awesome you are doing.

@iheartdisney44 Welcome! I haven't done Whole30 but I'm pretty close. I gave up all sodas and started clean eating in January. I have a small amount of occasional sugar but it's minuscule. I drink well over a gallon of water a day also. It's not bad! Once you discover you an pretty much make anything with healthy substitutes, it's fairly easy. Good luck!
Thank You! I am very nervous...

@iheartdisney44 good job on the 5lbs! This time around I am not eliminating anything from my diet. Just choosing wisely, portion control and counting my calories. So far anytime I eliminate anything even for a short time I crash and burn. I think mentally as soon as you say I can't have it I want it. LOL. Good luck on the Whole30 and can't wait to hear how awesome you are doing.
I am very much the same way! But I keep telling myself that I can do this for 30 days and from then on out I am hoping that I feel amazing and really start seeing some results that it will motivate me to continue and not go back to where I was. Fingers crossed! Thanks for the support!

Well I was pleasantly shocked when I weighed myself this morning. I has hoping for a 3 this week since my last two weeks have been lower than I would have thought but I lost 4.6lbs this week! OMG! This almost scares me. Haha. Just will have to stay on track so it stays off for next weeks weigh in. My goal was 8lbs for this month but I got 10.8lbs! I was hoping for 10lbs but didn't want to set my goal too high but I nailed it. My cruise is two weeks from today so another 2-3lbs would be amazing.

How is everyone else on here doing? It has been quieter this month.

Well I was pleasantly shocked when I weighed myself this morning. I has hoping for a 3 this week since my last two weeks have been lower than I would have thought but I lost 4.6lbs this week! OMG! This almost scares me. Haha. Just will have to stay on track so it stays off for next weeks weigh in. My goal was 8lbs for this month but I got 10.8lbs! I was hoping for 10lbs but didn't want to set my goal too high but I nailed it. My cruise is two weeks from today so another 2-3lbs would be amazing.

How is everyone else on here doing? It has been quieter this month.

That's AWESOME!!!!!

It's been slow and steady here. I'm 2 lbs over my March goal and three pounds from my April goal! 17 lbs down, 23 to go.

It's been a ridiculously busy week this week, so not much in the way of exercise. I miss it. I'm more tired and don't have as much energy. It's amazing how much of a difference that makes. I was working out about 6 days a week. Looking forward to Monday and getting back to it.

What's everyone doing for the weekend?

Sorry I haven't been around much either. I'm still trucking away at my WW. I'm not sure I'll hit my goal for the month, but it will be close, I've been losing steadily.
I do think I'm having more success sticking to my diet now that I've eliminated the scale checking. I really have a mental block about that. So, I've only been weighing in at WW on Thursdays. I'm almost tempted to ask them not to comment, and only check once a month. I'm really that bad letting the scale results affect my eating :( )
I signed up for an extra 12hour shift this week, so I've been under on my points almost every day. That happens whenever I work. I don't have time to eat much during my shifts. I commute, I shower, I sleep, and I have a hard time getting anywhere near my points values on those days. So, since I've been under a lot lately, I'm not really going to count tomorrow at our family gatherings. I'm just going to try to have healthy meals, and stick to one dessert. If I go over a bit, no big deal. :)

It sounds like everyone else is doing well! That's awesome!!!
AND we're heading in to spring!!!! That makes going for walks/jogs/bike rides soooo much easier! The flowers and trees are blooming here in Indiana and I'm loving the weather! Thinking positive thoughts for everyone on their weight loss journey! Enjoy the holiday tomorrow!!!

I hear ya @indimom! If I am working, I have no problem sticking with my calorie goal for the day. It is on weekends when I have to really focus!

Congrats @5xdisneyfans! Way to go! I had a weigh in last Friday, where I gained 1.8lbs. I feel ok with this though, as I did everything I had planned on doing and ate well/worked out. There were some hormonal issues going on last week, which I feel lead to the weight bump (water weight I am hoping!).

"Weigh" to go everyone!

Hello! I would also like to join this group, I started a plan about 5 weeks ago, the Dr. Ian Shred - to get in shape and healthy for 2016. Me and my sister are going to Disney next week and we both got fitbits can't wait to go through this first vacation test. We're determined to do a workout before we had to the parks and then try and do the most walking we can and share a lot of meals and drinks (especially in Epcot) I haven't weighed myself I plan to do it before I go to Disney because the scale is the devil, but my clothes fit better and people have noticed the weight loss so that keeps me motivated. :flower1:

Made it down 15 lbs so far, at my interim goal weight. I am trying for 5-15 lbs more. I'll be glad if go down 5 more lbs, completely satisfied if I go down 10 more, and ecstatic if I can get down 15--as long as it is sustainable, that is.

Have been running, doing workout DVD's (real appeal and the 21 day fix). I can completely see a difference and feel a diference. I feel stronger and leaner; I can even tell where my abs are in theory :)

I took this weekend off and went up 2 lbs (Easter/Water weight I expect to vaporize soon) but I am back to it today.

I have not been on Disboards in a couple weeks...it's been so busy! I am going to try and be better! I have been struggling, but still managing each week to have the scale go downward. I need to find my motivation again.

Well this is a venting day. I weighed myself and was up .8lbs! Not sure why since I stuck to my workout plan and stayed with in my calories for the day using MFP. I am not sure if it has to do with such a big loss last week or not. Since starting Jan. 1st it was my first gain which I now have to not derail myself from it from depression and frustration since I did what I have been doing and would have no reason to gain. I start to think I might as well ate the Easter chocolate and pie since I gained anyways not eating it. So hard mentally when you stick to your plan and gain. I have had a family member that plays mind games and sabotages me ALL the time messaging this week. I tried not to get into it with her. She starts asking a bunch of questions and basically picking at all my answers. I am not telling anyone my weight loss. I have told my entire family I am just focusing on getting smaller in size not lbs because I hate people always asking "How much have you lost s far?" I feel like it gets me distracted and frustrated more. She does not like that so then she asked what I was doing then I said counting calories. Anyways to sum it up she argued with me about it and feels her way is better and didn't like that I wasn't telling her anything but that. I didn't tell her about MFP or anything because I want to share NOTHING with her because she is the worst in wrecking everything I do.

Haing a bad and stressful week and leaving a week today for my vacation which is adding to the stress. My poor DS was having pain in his teeth and our dentist didn't have nay appointments before we leave so I took him to another dentist my dentist got him into. He had an infection and needed a root canal they said and they could do it right then. My son suffers from severe anxiety and was freaking out. I was freaking out inside because I don't know them but he does need this done before we fly and go away. Spent an hour calming him down and called my DH to come down since he is calmer than me at the dentist. Got him to go in and my DH sat with him. Well it didn't go great. They didn't finish it and now he has to go to a dental surgeon today to get it finished. I now am doubting that dentist and feeling sick about what we have done. STRESS!

Last night our basement sprung a leak! STRESS!

Stressing about leaving my cats for 9 days since they are not use to being alone for that long. My sister is coming once a day to feed them but she is not a cat person so they won't get much attention. They are not a normal house cat. They are a special breed that also love being around people and are very social.

Anyways this is me today. How is everyone else?

Girl!!!! You need some nerve pills!!! Wow!!!

For what it's worth, I can count one hand the number of people who really know what I'm up to this year for that exact reason. I don't need anyone's critical, judgmental crap. It's crap! I'm not sure I'll ever post anything on social media about this--even after I'm done. Just don't need it.

And going up a little is frustrating but has been the story of my life through this. With that said, yesterday I took a pic in some clothes I bought two weeks ago and took pics in. Side by side, even though as of yesterday my weight had gone back up to where I as those two weeks ago, it's amazing the difference two weeks has made. So hang in there!!!!

And for the rest...focus on vacation!!!! Holy crap. You can do it! @5xdisneyfans

I totally understand that, I'm on a weight loss plan but the second week according to my scale i had gained weight - I didn't let it throw me off track but I now I don't weigh myself for awhile, It's been 4 weeks since my last weigh in, but I fit into smaller clothes and I feel less bloated so I'm happy. I have just realized that the scale is not what I should go by, plus with all my working out I also know that I have added muscle. But it does suck and it just throws you off... Hang in there it sounds like it was a particularly stressful week for you hopefully things are working out now @5xdisneyfans!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter