Why Is There a Limit On Fastpasses?

Vernon slusher

Earning My Ears
I do not believe that there should be a limit on Fastpasses. You can only do so much in one day anyway. And when they first started Fastpasses there was no limit there was just so many they could give out in one day, and when they ran out well u just had to move on...

In the really old days you could only have one FP at a time, which explained all of those printed tickets saying "this is not a valid Fastpass, you already hold a Fastpass for XYZ attraction" that people left lying around the machines. You could not get a second FP until the return window of your existing FP opened. They then relaxed this a bit to allow you to get a second FP after two hours, even if your first FP was not yet usable. And while in the old days they had a relaxed attitude towards people showing up late for their FPs, it's not accurate to say "there was no limit".

I do not believe that there should be a limit on Fastpasses. You can only do so much in one day anyway. And when they first started Fastpasses there was no limit there was just so many they could give out in one day, and when they ran out well u just had to move on...
Maybe I'm not understanding you. But, you can keep getting fastpasses unless they are gone. I got 8 the lat time I was in MK.

at first when fp plus was introduced, it was a limit of 3 per day then it was expanded

My biggest concern about the eventual (rumored) introduction of paid FastPasses is losing the ability to continue to get them after the first 3. We book our FPs in the morning so we can take advantage of continuing to get them, particularly on the "lesser" rides that our kids like, especially in Magic Kingdom. We'll go on rides like Barnstormer, Mad Tea Party, Small World, etc., grabbing FPs that are for the immediate timeframe. Once they likely limit them with paid FPs, I'm sure that will be something that we'll lose. All those rumors make me wonder why (or whether) they'll continue to have FastPass for those lesser rides. I'm sure they will since people plan those, not knowing better, but paying for a FP for Under the Sea is mind-boggling.

We have done 15 FPs on a party day at MK.
It works well if you know how to manage FPs and modify and refresh.
There are many threads here about that.
I would find them, read through them. It helps a lot and explains a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!