Why is Boardwalk "less expensive" than other resorts?

I'm cheap, and always try to book the cheapest view. With that being said, I love to sit out on the balcony and drink my morning coffee. I have found some of the most 'undesirable' views tend to be the most interesting, activity wise. I like to people watch, and see all the hustle and bustle going on. DW could really care less, and just enjoys being at WDW. I treat every new room as part of the DVC adventure. Even the 'worst' room can have some great qualities if one just takes the time to sit back and soak it in. Your mileage may vary!
This is so true. Last August we had a standard AK view. It overlooked bell services. I loved watching them load up the luggage while I hung out. I acknowledge that I’m a bit strange, but I enjoy the people watching.

Gee, I haven't seen anyone post yet that it's due to the long walk from the elevators (or hallways) yet, surprising.:p

I was thinking it. Does that count? :)

This is so true. Last August we had a standard AK view. It overlooked bell services. I loved watching them load up the luggage while I hung out. I acknowledge that I’m a bit strange, but I enjoy the people watching.

Best hotel people watching is from an interior balcony at the MCO Hyatt Regency. Being able to watch people going through tsa security is fun.

My favorite DVC resort is BWV. Love the resort, the Boardwalk, and so close to two parks.
Completely agree. One of the reasons we purchased there and love it. We also have AKL and enjoy it, but miss the close proximity of BWV to so much.

Best hotel people watching is from an interior balcony at the MCO Hyatt Regency. Being able to watch people going through tsa security is fun.

I always thought it was a tad overpriced, but now I see the appeal and may have to splurge for it at least once!

My DD in law hates clowns! But only wants to stay at....Boardwalk...we try to get a SV closer down by the bridge...then the view isn't bad...I love the low points and evenings on the BW...our grandkids have been raised in Disney and are all adults now 23 and older....walking or boating to 2 parks is the bests!!

No need to be nervous! BWV are our home resort and we almost always stay there. IMO, it's the best bargain on site. Its location and relatively low cost are why it's so popular. Enjoy!
Totally agree with you! We own BCV and BWV. LOVE both resorts and you can't beat the lower costs for BWV because it's an older resort, but it's beautiful and in a phenomenal location!

Me too. It's really very funny watching people get spit out by the clown! And the slide is far more fun than the one at SAB. I find that to be one that looks cool and doesn't live up to it's looks. The BWV slide is probably our favorite at the DVC resorts.

The clown pool is my kids favorite. They like it over SAB. They're 11 and 13 years ol.

I was thinking it. Does that count? :)

AGREED! - We have stayed at the Hyatt Regency MCO with interior balcony, and I spent a couple hours watching the frenetic traveler activities! :earboy2:
We also stayed at BWV in a standard view that was a good walk to the elevators, but having the walking access to EPCOT & HWS was a definite plus for us!:darth:

Same here. Apparently it's just adults like me that think it's terrifying.
I agree. I have never seen kids refused to go on that slide because of the design. They care more about the fact that ii is a fun long ride . Its only the adults who never would go on the slide who complaints about design .

Just looked at it on utube. What were they thinking! I am wondering how my kids will react to that. Haha.
Creepy clown slide or not, if you want that standard view room, better book it soon. The clown slide doesn't scare enough people away. ;)

Edit: Oh, I see you already booked, enjoy.

I agree. I have never seen kids refused to go on that slide because of the design. They care more about the fact that ii is a fun long ride . Its only the adults who never would go on the slide who complaints about design .
The resort is virtually always booked solid, so it can't bother that many people, LOL!

BWV is awful. The frightening clown pool, too much outside and hallway noise, long walks to many rooms from elevator, noisy washer/dryers, parking is far from building and sometimes impossible to get, boat transportation is too slow and walk to Studios is forever, buses are late too often and it takes way too long when sharing trips to AK and DS with other resorts, dues are too high to own there, and it has serious availability issues.

(Do you think that will help keep people away so I can always get the room I want?)

BWV is awful. The frightening clown pool, too much outside and hallway noise, long walks to many rooms from elevator, noisy washer/dryers, parking is far from building and sometimes impossible to get, boat transportation is too slow and walk to Studios is forever, buses are late too often and it takes way too long when sharing trips to AK and DS with other resorts, dues are too high to own there, and it has serious availability issues.

(Do you think that will help keep people away so I can always get the room I want?)
:rotfl2:

WE can only hope...thought you might be going in that direction....

I initially thought this was a rare bit of poor judgement from you Drusba.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter